Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone say Beverly Hills, Vista, Keyes? And who's your service rep?

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300 Leather package/moonroof/pwr tilt and homelink pkg, 17 chrome, and still thinking about the spoiler? But no LSD for 31900
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SEL (not sure if want to sell)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,991 Posts
Longo is pretty good. My friend bought her car at Beverly Hills, and when they put the spoiler on her car, they put a big scratch on the rear bumper, and didn't fill the extra holes they drilled on the trunk.
I can tell you that you shouldn't go to Tustin, you will be very disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Daniel:
Longo is pretty good. My friend bought her car at Beverly Hills, and when they put the spoiler on her car, they put a big scratch on the rear bumper, and didn't fill the extra holes they drilled on the trunk.
I can tell you that you shouldn't go to Tustin, you will be very disappointed.
Thanks Daniel. It seems I can't find any adequate service rep. Can you email me your service rep name at [email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Originally posted by Daniel:
Longo is pretty good. My friend bought her car at Beverly Hills, and when they put the spoiler on her car, they put a big scratch on the rear bumper, and didn't fill the extra holes they drilled on the trunk.
I can tell you that you shouldn't go to Tustin, you will be very disappointed.

Yes, I agree, never ever go to Tustin Lexus; the most horrible bunch of grease monkeys around. I have heard a lot of good things about Longo, however they are quite far away from O.C. I hear that Cerritos Lexus is O.K. but depends on who writes you up and also which of the mechanics works on your vehicle. If you find a dealer that is very good in the So. Cal. area, please let us know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
Just my luck that Tustin is the closest dealership to me...

How is Lexus of Mission Viejo? I've heard good things about them

Any other close ones in the OC area that you guys can share about?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Originally posted by ISx300:
Just my luck that Tustin is the closest dealership to me...

How is Lexus of Mission Viejo? I've heard good things about them

Any other close ones in the OC area that you guys can share about?
Didn't MVL just finish building a new facility? You know, I stopped by about two months ago for a simple 4 wheel alignment, however they advised me that I would have to bring the vehicle back in 3 days and that the earliest that they could get me a loaner car was 4 days after that date so basically, I had to wait 7 days before a 4 wheel alignment which is unacceptable. I hope they have more loaner vehicles with the new facility.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems we are in the same boat. I can't believe that we have to try so far for adequate service. I wonder if the People in the Corporate Office understands our complaints about the service.

The question about the loaner, they said at Keyes that I should call two days before hand. But I wonder if my IS requires immediate attention, so that means I'm out of my car for few days. This makes me wonder about their pursuit of perfection.

I had friend who had their lexus slightly scratch but, not deep enough to warrant an explantion at Keyes.

It seems the owners are in the pursuit of perfection for their IS. It also seems we are willing to drive far far away for good service.

[This message has been edited by RodGrp (edited March 25, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
Longo, Longo, Longo, Longo!!! I hve had great service there and I live about 50 mi away from them. I also have dealership im my town but don't trust them yet.

Plus if you are bored at Longo waiting, You can use their in house driving range to test your golf skills. hehe

------------------
2001 Graphite/Black, LSD, Heated Seats, TTE rear spoiler, SRT Intake.
Tein CS coilovers, 19" wheels comming soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
138 Posts
Originally posted by RodGrp:
It seems we are in the same boat. I can't believe that we have to try so far for adequate service. I wonder if the People in the Corporate Office understands our complaints about the service.

The question about the loaner, they said at Keyes that I should call two days before hand. But I wonder if my IS requires immediate attention, so that means I'm out of my car for few days. This makes me wonder about their pursuit of perfection.

I had friend who had their lexus slightly scratch but, not deep enough to warrant an explantion at Keyes.

It seems the owners are in the pursuit of perfection for their IS. It also seems we are willing to drive far far away for good service.

[This message has been edited by RodGrp (edited March 25, 2001).]
Are you saying that it is hard to get adequate service at most lexus dealers? Most of them give great service. So what happened to you that you need to e-mail the factory rep? Why don't you just call the 800 number? When I went to keyes I had great service. I asked about the loaner cars, many are reserved ahead of time. If you go there and need a loaner right away they have to call enterprise. Do you really want to drive a plymouth neon for 3 days? You wonder about their pursuit for perfection, every year they raise the standard for great service. Try going to ford or chevy and ask for a loaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Originally posted by DevilDog66:
Are you saying that it is hard to get adequate service at most lexus dealers? Most of them give great service. So what happened to you that you need to e-mail the factory rep? Why don't you just call the 800 number? When I went to keyes I had great service. I asked about the loaner cars, many are reserved ahead of time. If you go there and need a loaner right away they have to call enterprise. Do you really want to drive a plymouth neon for 3 days? You wonder about their pursuit for perfection, every year they raise the standard for great service. Try going to ford or chevy and ask for a loaner.

Let me tell you about the 800 number. It is staffed with 90% recent college grads. and interns. The level of customer service varies by how "seasoned" these college grads. are; i.e. how long they have been working there. Turn-over rate in these types of positions are about as high as that of Dominos Pizza Delivery folks. The followup time is poor (snail-pace). No one there has any technical background and their most used answer is "I don't have that information." Whenever there's an issue with the dealer they give you the standard issue statement of "well the dealer is independently owned and operated so we (Toyota) can't force them to do anything." But when there is a warranty claim issue: "all OUR dealers have "factory trained" technicians who will resolve the issue." If these grease monkeys are "factory trained" then the factory must be pretty Fuct up. If you want any problem resolved, you just have to call Toyota Motor Limited in Japan. It has alway been the case for my IS, hence the 86MYIS300. anyone can sell you a decent car, the reason we pay such a premium for ours is to get that premium level of customer service, which unfortunately has been sorely lacking.

In regards to other brands such as Fords and Chevys, they are not selling their vehicles under the pretense that they are going to provide that so-called "Lexus-level" of customer service and I am fine with that. I am just tired of all the bullsh1t public relations campaign that so many companies such as Lexus try brainwashing the public with. It's all a marketing tool to dupe customers into thinking that there is a significant difference in service between Lexus and say Mercedes or BMW.

I know this for a fact because my brother picked up a 2001 325i from Irvine BMW and the level of service there (they also have a new facility right next to the El Toro Y intersection) is worlds better than what I have experienced with Lexus.

Frankly, I am not looking for free gourmet coffee, free breakfasts, dry cleaning or a putting green. I simply want competent mechanics to resolve my vehicular issues in a timely manner on the FIRST visit. I would even forego the free loaner vehicles, if these meat popsicles would actually fix and maintain our vehicles without damaging the vehicles even more. enough of my ranting, my 2 cents, I think that pasta last night made me all irritable today. Good luck with you dealer search Rodgrip.

On a side note, I test drove a S4 6-spd the other day at Audi of Santa Ana and it had a smoother more relax ride than our IS! What the hell is going on? Unfortunately, servicing at Audi is deplorable. I am seriously thinking of buying an S4 or maybe just say screw it and buy that puss-e C240. All I need is a good commuter car right now. And hold off to see what else comes down the pipeline for 2002. Finally, did anyone go on to CARSDIRECT.com? Our IS with sunroof, leather package, wheels locks and trunk floormat is only ~$29,900. I feel like I got reemed four months ago when I paid $32,800. What a difference 4 months makes!

[This message has been edited by 86MYIS300 (edited March 25, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try going to ford or chevy and ask for a loaner.

[/B][/QUOTE]


I guess you consider our IS level is compared with a ford and chevy. If you compare it with that automaker, it makes me nervous. I consider BMW and Mercedes as my primary comparison. I previously owned a BMW and currently on a Benz. By the level of Ford is not even close to their division own Jaguar and Volvo. GM, I would expect screw up also in that arena. I’m assuming you had some crappy service from those two groups. But to stick with ideal service, here my service records with my Mercedes benz rep.

I came from Mercedes Service with Bill from Auto-Steigler to Van Nuys MBZ, for last 7 years, I followed my service rep. He is the best service rep I ever met. In comparison with Lexus, I have not found that individual yet. If you have already found someone, please refer his or her name to me. I never had a problem with my Benz, and this guy always has done excellent job in pre-checking the car before he hands the keys to me. So that I would never have to complain about anything, except for the occasional water spots, which he personally buffs out with wax. I never had to speak with the service manager nor required calling someone in Customer relation and saying this is not right. When I get a service loaner, I usually drive a Benz or placed into a Benz or at least a Volvo s70. I’m just saying when something happens to your IS, I want it taken care of promptly but with service up to my standards.

If I compare with my current Lexus rep. vs. Mercedes rep, I would give 79% to Lexus, and probably 200% with all the extra credit he has been doing to my car. It is hard to find excellent service personal and I understand that it will take me time to find one. But in the cases, something negative always happen at Lexus with one or more screw ups.

I am new with Lexus service and yes I am stilling for honest rep who would take care of the IS as my own child. Lexus is a young company with older tradition from Toyota. I’m just saying simply I have high standards that needs to be met. Have you notice your service people are certified technicians but this is the first time they have seen this new model. In addition, saying that they send one or two technicians to the Lexus plant and learned what is being introduce in the new models. I’m looking for someone knowledgeable and will not give me haphazard advice.

It seems I am going to Longo and probably will find the service guy who would meet my own personal standards. I just wanted to know if there was someone close by. However, it seems everyone the Westside has gripe with the service people and Tustin seems to be crap.

I am going to Longo!!!

------------------
2001 Lexus IS300 Leather package/moonroof/pwr tilt and homelink pkg, 17 chrome, and still thinking about the spoiler? But no LSD
1983 Mercedes Benz 380SEL
2000 Mercedes Benz ML430

[This message has been edited by RodGrp (edited March 25, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by RodGrp (edited March 25, 2001).]
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
11,061 Posts
As a footnote to the service issue...make sure they KNOW how to use a tire gauge. I discovered some days after the 5K service that my tires had 40 lbs. in them. (They SAID they adjusted them to 32 lbs and even that isn't the 33 lbs. recommended for the 17" Potenzas.) I couldn't believe they could be THAT out of whack, so I tried both the digital and mechanical gauges I have...yup, they screwed up. You'd think this little item would be a no-brainer...


[This message has been edited by SeattleSheila (edited March 25, 2001).]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by Lexus Luthor:
Longo, Longo, Longo, Longo!!! I hve had great service there and I live about 50 mi away from them. I also have dealership im my town but don't trust them yet.

Plus if you are bored at Longo waiting, You can use their in house driving range to test your golf skills. hehe

I agree with you and Daniel and going to call them first thing monday morning. Who do you recommend over there?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
721 Posts
Dont go to Beverly Hills.........If your young.........they will treat you like ****........Every time i have gone there, its always me going up to the person and asking for help........but you see some older person come in and they kiss their ass.......im trying Longo Next........i wonder if they will give you a loaner for a oil change.......

------------------
2001 Silver IS300
95 Eclipse GST
99 SLK 230 Sport....traded in
2001 CLK 55 Silver
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
921 Posts
When you go to Longo...ask for Perry Rhoeder. I have dealt with him and he is cool. He even installed my SRT intake.

------------------
2001 Graphite/Black, LSD, Heated Seats, TTE rear spoiler, SRT Intake.
Tein CS coilovers, 19" wheels comming soon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by GOTTURBO:
Dont go to Beverly Hills.........If your young.........they will treat you like ****........Every time i have gone there, its always me going up to the person and asking for help........but you see some older person come in and they kiss their ass.......im trying Longo Next........i wonder if they will give you a loaner for a oil change.......

It seems we get the shaft for looking young, but anyways I believe in karma. I hope they don't require medical services, if I remember them, I will give the type of service in return.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
99 Posts
Originally posted by SeattleSheila:
As a footnote to the service issue...make sure they KNOW how to use a tire gauge. I discovered some days after the 5K service that my tires had 40 lbs. in them. (They SAID they adjusted them to 32 lbs and even that isn't the 33 lbs. recommended for the 17" Potenzas.) I couldn't believe they could be THAT out of whack, so I tried both the digital and mechanical gauges I have...yup, they screwed up. You'd think this little item would be a no-brainer...


[This message has been edited by SeattleSheila (edited March 25, 2001).]
No sh1t! Seattlesheila, I had the same problem. My IS was riding really rough after a visit to the dealer for my free 5K service, and thus went to Costco Tire Center, where they will balance your tires for the lifetime of those tires for $9 per wheel. The guy at Costco looks at me and states that all four wheels were never balanced, the front right tire had 27 PSI, front left had 33, rear right had 42 and the left rear had 62 PSI!!!! No wonder the IS felt like it was whacked! I think they intentional do this to make us come back for new tires earlier. I must be a conspiracy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
Longo...no doubt! Parents service their LS and never anywhere else. In their service dept., they sell the 1/18 scale GS for 29.95, that's way cheaper than even Ebay.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
246 Posts
check out these comments bout mission viejo lexus.

http://carpoint.msn.com/userreviews/review.asp?idreview=97932&search=MostRecent&num=50&trim=All&lang=All&nav=103507,101987,101905,101900,101536,100680,100519,100389,100272,99365,97 932,97713,96713,96447,95698,95296,94821,89579,89521,89045,88763,88571,87873,87218,87153,86452,85152,84357,83951,83480,82344,81303,79729,77585,77543,76142,75768,75760,75453,73570,73 325,73197,72408,72084,72044,72032,71820,71571,71422,69050


http://carpoint.msn.com/userreviews/review.asp?idreview=100272&search=MostRecent&num=50&trim=All&lang=All&nav=103507,101987,101905,101900,101536,100680,100519,100389,100272,99365,9 7932,97713,96713,96447,95698,95296,94821,89579,89521,89045,88763,88571,87873,87218,87153,86452,85152,84357,83951,83480,82344,81303,79729,77585,77543,76142,75768,75760,75453,73570,7 3325,73197,72408,72084,72044,72032,71820,71571,71422,69050
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top