Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought I would spark a sports discussion up in this beyotch...

Michael Vick- In my opinion, he should win the MVP this year. Not just because I am in Atlanta and a huge Vick fan, either. But this is one case where the play/talent actually meets the hype. Consider he's only thrown 3 interceptions this year (one was not his fault, his WR fell). Consider he is ranked among the top 5 in passer rating. For all the talk there is about his running, it is his throwing game that I am most impressed with. He has the strongest arm in the league, by far. He is extremely accurate. He makes smart decisions (throwing ball away instead of forcing a throw or taking sack). In fact, the last game against the Vikings was Vick's first bad throwing game, as he was overshooting his receivers a lot. So while other QB's would take the team down with him when having an off game, Vick decides to win it with his feet. His lack of any quality receivers, and him having two RB's that have both been injured for parts of the season, he is the most VALUABLE offensive player to his team.

Rich Gannon- While his completion percentage and yards are extraordinary, I am hesitant to give the MVP to a guy who throws screen passes for a living behind the best pass protecting offensive line in the league. However, when teams do blitz effectively, Gannon sputters. The Raiders could win without him as well as with him, therefore, he's second on my most valuable list.

Priest Holmes- A one man offensive jauggernaut. Trent Green has not panned out to be half the QB people thought he would be this year. The receivers haven't either. Priest has 22 touchdowns, and will probably break the single season mark held by Marshall Faulk of 26. Hell, he'll probably do that next weekend.

Brett Favre? Pleeze... the most overrated, overhyped player in NFL history. His recent implosions against the Vikings and Bucs are prime examples of what he's about when under pressure.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Bo jackson

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Go Pack Go... i'm a cheesehead at heart, so u know who my vote's for. Wait until the bucs & eagles f up and everyone has to come through lambeau in the playoffs... I don't think so.

-g

·
Registered
343 Posts
gotta be vick. nobody has done more for their team than vick. the candidates have a supporting cast that gets wins for their team. but vick does it all himself. he's why atl has a winning record and all that stuff.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Tommy Maddox - This guy comes from being a journeyman football player and Insurance salesman to be a pretty damn good quarterback for Pittsburgh, and finally put Kordell where he belongs, on the bench!! :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Definitely Michael Vick, I'm still in awe at his quickness/strength :eek:

Though if Rich Gannon breaks the single season passing yards record (which he's on pace to beat) he's gotta get some consideration...

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sentinel said:
Bo jackson
HAHAHAHHAHA!!!!

Oh that's great!!! hahaha... Bo Jackson! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh nevermind, that wasn't funny

·
Registered
50 Posts
Vick - no doubt.

The Packers are so overrated. The few decent teams they've played they've lost to.

Sorry fellas... it's over for Favre and when he's gone so are your hopes.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
it's close between vick and priest holmes. without holmes, KC's offense would be worse than tampa bay's. vick is amazing though, and i'd give him the edge because the falcons will make the playoffs thanks to vick, but the chiefs will miss the playoffs despite holmes' amazing season.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I think Neopolean Harris, the MLB for the raiders should get Defensive Rookie of the Year. Is there such an award?

As for Vick being MVP...well, let's wait until after the season is over.

GO RAIDERS!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
About this Discussion
30 Replies
27 Participants
negreenfield
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing