Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in Seattle Area
and i was wondering who is also around the neighborhood on this board
anyone one done anything cool to theis IS? i want to get tint window first then lower my car, then goes to exaust....hopefully anyone thats from Seattle area can give me some suggestions of where to go and more info~ thanks!!

·
11,062 Posts
Haven't done a thing...yet. I'm broke. Hey, Luc, Kanine21...done anything to yours?

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Hey Is300Billy,

I also live around here, (Alderwood Manor area) and work here in Redmond at Data I/O.

Haven't done anything yet, but I'm waiting for the SRT HFI group buy that will hopefully end soon, that plus an RMM Rear Lip spoiler painted SBM. I will be adding TRD Sways in the future. Then a TRD supercharger next year, can't wait!

What color is your IS? I've seen a few around the Redmond area, a couple Black one's, three or four Silvers, Two whites, One Red, a yellow, and one green around here.

Hey Sheila, when we gonna have a Seattle meet?

·
Registered
226 Posts
I live in the Martha Lake area... work in Bothell. In the business complex I work at, there are a few IS': black, yellow, and graphite... and my SBM.

As for shops, go to Jack's place in Lake City. He used to run UltraSpeed in Chinatown, but now he's into a place called Garage SPL.
http://www.garagespl.com/speed-performance-lab/

Check out the R34 Skyline GTR out in front... it's the blue one.

-Dan

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I can't beleive you live so close to me and I haven't seen your IS! Mine is SBM as well, and I go to 164th a lot to visit my cousin, although it's on the west side of I-5. He used to live in Mill Creek.

Have you seen my SBM, or another around your area? I go near Bothell on my way home, actually a little south. Bothell Way to work almost everyday.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its nice to know there are a couple people around the area~
I drive a Black one, was trying to get a red or yellow but they were out of those colors...sigh~ oh well~ one day we should have a seattle meet!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
WUSSSUUUUUPPPPPP, I was just about to post up a thread to see if there was any Seattle people around, but I guess I don't have to now. I live right next to SPL. I usually go to TSR though, me and my friends can get deals there, so if anyone needs anything for there car let me now and e-mail me
. I drive the silver IS300 with the Stillen front lip. I've started to see a few more IS300's around but to too much. The only one I've seen with mods on it is the blue one at SPL. And I've heard of a nice black one. Well hope to see some of you guys on the road. I always honk if I see another IS300 drive.

·
Registered
509 Posts
heh
well, i am in vancouver, bc.. just up here..
i'd go to the meet in seattle tho. hehe
since my gf is going close to seattle for her music camp.. so i be in seattle area often between period of july 29-aug10... hehe

let me know and post up if there is a mini meet or something.. i try to make it. ehhe

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't know "where" you can get it done but I can tell you have to do it your'self.

Turning the fog lights yellow took a while. You have to take the whole fog light casing off by unscrewing the two screws that you can see in the little opening in the front. Turn your wheels one way and pull off the plasic peace under the fender if you want to get in from the back. It makes it a little easier. You have to heat up the seal that holds the clear front cover to the rest of the casing in order to get the glue to loosen up. That stuff holds tight. I used a heat gun to get it hot. Once you get it hot you have to work with it a bit and pull the clear front off. This takes some time. Flat head screwdrivers help. Once it's off you unscrew the two screws that hold in the yellow lends. Get rid of the lends and heat up the glue again so you can re-seal it. Put the fog light casing back in place and replace the stock bulb with a hyper white one. Man that was long. Good luck if ya do it. Its worth it and looks GREAT! E-mail me if you need help. Or new light bulbs to put into the fog lights. I can get them for about $28.

·
11,062 Posts
Originally posted by Kanine21:
Haven't done anything yet, but I'm waiting ...an RMM Rear Lip spoiler painted SBM.

I'm thinkin' of a spoiler too....wonder if the dealer can get one for me and install it. Did you ask there? (I hesitate to just go shopping and then get ripped off.)

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
The dealer said a factory installed spoiler was $1000!! I said hell no...!

So I'm in a group buy with Gabe on this list for the RMM lip spoiler. It's like $285 painted, plus shipping and is held on by some ultra good double-sided panel tape and you put it on yourself. I like the looks of the lip spoiler much better then the deck spoiler that are from the dealership. Just my opinion.

If you're interested in the RMM lip spoiler, ask Gabe on this list if you can get in on the group buy that's closing this week I think. He may be able to squeez your order in.

check out here for the lip spoiler.
http://www.rodmillenstore.com/is_300/spoiler.htm

They have it for $354 painted if you order direct instead of group buy at $285.
Contact Gabe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
6 Participants
Kanine21
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing