Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did!!!! it's one of the best japanese animation out there. All car lovers should see it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yea! You guys gotta see that AE86 performs the ultime drifting art! Although it's just an animation... but it's more than enough to get u excited.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mrclam, i have it on tape, too big to do through net. since you are in torrance, you can just drive up to w.LA and i can let you watch it. To be an asian, i am surprised that you haven't seen it yet. All my male friends are addicted to it, so am i. not only the animation, I also have the sound track.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hehe, u don't want to know, otherwise you will end up like I did at mountain
(ie: you will be out drifting all the time)

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it's a cartoon series that's about downhill racing. There is a story line attach to it of course, but the main topic is racing. In this cartoon, you will learn that power is not everything. This main character was able to race all the super cars (rx7, skyline, s14, 180sx, lancer) with his AE86 corolla. Regardless the reality of the race, the concept is good. All the racing theme are done in computer 3D model while the figures and others are done by traditional animation. The detail is quite amazing, and it demistrate the difference between rwd and 4wd pretty well in terms of starting and corner behavier. I have the stage 1 and 2, and i think the stage 3 is coming out soon (at least the comic is out already)

·
Registered
541 Posts
It's definitely a must-view for auto enthusiasts. What other cartoon, or what live-action show, for that matter, has footage of heel-toe downshifting and left-foot braking. This is NOT Speed Racer.

And the soundtracks are great fast driving music. I play them all the time when I attack mountain roads (though not in the banzai drift style of the show
) and I use the music to get psyched up for days at the track.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
totally agreed young.

the cartoon is so detailed that you can see how things are done, how the car reacted. Before they drift, they will show the car slow down, the red breaking light lights up, heel-toe, engine rev up due to downshift, tire slow down with nose of car dive a bit. Then the wheel turns, car start to slide sideways, the wheel counter steer to drift through the corner, and many more. It's also fun to see a 4wd and rwd taking corners together. The 4wd will be straight cornering the curve while the rwd car is almost totally sideways.

Young, you are right about the sound track, i listen to them all the time, they are great. I tend to drive faster with the sound track on

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
You can dl some episodes here:
http://www.wanime.com/initial-d/episodedownload.html

Six in all, ~100 Megs each. Mpeg1 format and they are in cantonese with no subtitles. Not a problem for me, but may be for others. =/

You need a myspace account (easy to setup), and a fast connection. The servers are kinda slow, ~35K.

yamaot, how many episodes are there?

-crontab -l

------------------
An Ecstatic Owner of a Fully-Loaded Graphite Gray 2001 Lexus IS 300

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Dang, I saw the VCD/DVD for sale in HK when I was there....should've bought them.

Originally posted by crontab:

Six in all, ~100 Megs each. Mpeg1 format and they are in cantonese with no subtitles. Not a problem for me, but may be for others. =/

-crontab -l

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stage 1 has 26 episodes while stage 2 has only 13 episodes.

you can download all episodes of stage one from this site http://members.nbci.com/_XMCM/Option_D/index.htm but required to setup a Idrive account. And again, these are huge files, so fast internet connection is required.

if you are interested in downloading, i would recommand episode3,6,9(my favorite song in there "burning up for you",10(best shot of the whole story),18,22.

here are some images from other site, which give you some idea on the quality of the animation.

[This message has been edited by yamaot (edited November 20, 2000).]

·
Registered
398 Posts
Good thing I lived in Japan. I was able to watch them on TV.

Drifting like the cars in that animation?

Hey, its an animation. The closest thing in real life is World Rally Championships. Practice at a safe place and only attempt them at a safe place.

By the way, if you see how the WRC cars crash, you'll have second thoughts about trying it with your own car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Initial D is a weekly Manga that is currently published in Weekly Young Magazine.

I personally hate the other Manga, and only read Initial D (since I am a Toyota fan) but I have always checked for news concerning the stage 3 TV series. No news yet. I think the story in the Manga must proceed a little more in order for the TV series to start development.

BTY, I heard that people who worked on the Gran Turismo (Playstation) also worked on the Initial D TV series.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Initial D is a weekly Manga that is currently published in Weekly Young Magazine.

I personally hate the other Manga, and only read Initial D (since I am a Toyota fan) but I have always checked for news concerning the stage 3 TV series. No news yet. I think the story in the Manga must proceed a little more in order for the TV series to start development.

BTY, I heard that people who worked on the Gran Turismo (Playstation) also worked on the Initial D TV series.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i also heard that there is "extra stage" that's out around oct. have you heard of anything about that?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts