Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eric, bro, we all value your contribution to the site and reckon that you're an IS fan. But I was just wondering why you don't own one yet?
Obviously you can afford to spend the extra doe (you already own an E55, a TT, and God knows what else), but you haven't. Just curious as to why you haven't picked up a copy for yourself.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Hi Hasanazhar,
That's a good question. I knew about the IS300 in since a 1998 spy photo in a Car & Driver magazine and have drooled over it since then. At the time I was driving a Lexus GS400 and when the IS300 came out I didn't want to trade the GS in simply because the IS300 is like a miniGS. Then I wanted to get something more serious so I got traded the GS in for the E55. I then thought about getting the IS300 but thought it would be unnecessary to have two sedans. I know that the TT hasn't done so well in the Automagazine comparos (Road & Track, Car & Driver) but I liked the way it looked and wanted to get a roadster....The IS300 continues to dazzle me everytime I see one on the road.
To answer your question, my sister has an Audi A4 2.8 quattro and I'm trying to convince her to trade in her car for an IS300 then hopefully if I'm a good brother, she'll let me drive it from time to time
Eric...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Originally posted by hasanazhar:
Obviously you can afford to spend the extra doe...
I've got extra doe as well. In fact, I've got two does, a buck and a fawn. Should I spend my doe on the IS300?

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I pick up my 98 GS 400 on Saturday! I would have bought the IS if it had a stick and GPS. I know, broken record...

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Originally posted by brad:
I pick up my 98 GS 400 on Saturday! I would have bought the IS if it had a stick and GPS. I know, broken record...
That's Fantastic! You've gotta be so anxious to own/drive such an Animal!
Eric....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
I'm definitely jazzed. Although I'm not looking forward to the monthly payments! Oh, well, I am sure this concern will pale in comparison to my happiness. I'll keep you posted.

Originally posted by EricK:
Originally posted by brad:
That's Fantastic! You've gotta be so anxious to own/drive such an Animal!
Eric....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Whatever, six pack jack. Did you get a muscle t-shirt with that 'vette?

Originally posted by Doug:
non owning troll squid

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
Remember that line from the movie "True Lies" in which that used car salesman said "The Vette gets em' wet"
Eric....

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Ok one Corvette Roadster, check, Trophy wife, check, Cell phone (hard to talk with top down but its for looks, so I do it anyway, yeah. Big Gold necklace, little busy but definetly by christmas. Toupe, don't know if thats gonna happen. Muscle shirt, I prefer 100% Egyptian or combed Pima cotton t-shirts. Lift weights, yes, drink beer, yes.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
You guys crack me up, when was the last time you met up with the local AMG owners club (Erick) to do some autocrossing??? I bought this car to drive, matter of fact the Rookie busted ass on the autocross track, I bested the instructor by two seconds ( a national champion) this weekend. The guys I have met, through the vette forum, three of them I have been hangin with are all computer geeks, two IT guys and a software massager. Just like you guys. We're all young and out havin fun, the vette is an IS with a different metal dealymabob on the hood. Stereeotyping me is painting RICER on your own forehead. LOL

Here is a pic of the Vert at Firebird Raceway on Friday, the buildings in the background are part of the Bondurant driving school.
http://www.inficad.com/~ecrigg/vette/route66/33SquidMobile.jpg

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited October 30, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited October 30, 2000).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't own an IS300, but I've been reading this forum pretty much when it was first formed. I quit posting due to some people but I'm not back because the IS300 is one of 4 cars I'm considering for my commute car.

Rick Kim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
11 Participants
EricK
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing