Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with all these 11's flying around I just wanted to know who had the quickest ET/MPH with the OWENER OF THE CAR driving.

I know its great to see what your cars potential can do, but I want to know what you can do...

or has all these fast times been done w/ the tuner or someone other than the owner driving?

Anyways I just wanted to know whos time I am going after.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok from the research that I just did, someone corret me if I am wrong, but what I came up w/ is this:

and these are the Owners of the cars driving here:

carzia = 11.99 @ 120 on Drag Radials
Farzuia = 12.4 @ 119 on Street Radials
Freelance = 12.08 @ 127 on Street Tires
Doublins = 13.4 @ 105 Street Tires
Darkstorm = 13.2 @ 115 Street Tires
DL = 13.599 @ 108 Street tires

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
goldark said:
betting money I see...
No not really, just tired of hearing everyone brag about times that they didn't produce, seems like its all being done out of spite, or advertisement for the tuners.

·
Registered
8,094 Posts
This is a good idea for a thread. I don't see the point in claiming these times when it's your car being driven by another person (some even professionals) to get the best possible time for what? Bragging rights?

And when the actual owner of the car...*note owner...drives he/she can't nearly produce the same numbers...some off by even 1+ seconds.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
So are you asking for any IS300 or only times for those drivers in their own cars and not the tuners driving a customer's car right? Worded a little confusing but you know what I mean.

·
.net superior m.f.
23,236 Posts
DL said:
So are you asking for any IS300 or only times for those drivers in their own cars and not the tuners driving a customer's car right? Worded a little confusing but you know what I mean.

what if you bought your car from someone that made a faster time than you did before you bought it?..... whose time can you use?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
malofquist said:
DL said:
So are you asking for any IS300 or only times for those drivers in their own cars and not the tuner driving a customer's car right? Worded a little confusing but you know what I mean.

what if you bought your car from someone that made a faster time than you did before you bought it?..... whose time can you use?

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Is this a casting call for Star Search...for the best IS300 driver?

Maybe we need to see who has been able to take their car fastest with the power it has. A fair percentage type of formula. That is the only way to find out who is truly the best driver.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you ro-lex, thats exactly what I was asking for...

I mean I have let Lance drive my car at the track about 6 months ago, he ran in my car 11.3 @ 121, but you never heard me post it or brag about it or put it in my sig, reason being I didn't do it, so why post it, ture it might of been my car but whoopdi forkin do. and bla bla bla.

malofquist: thats not the matter at hand, I don't care who did the work how fast it is w/ someone else driving, I want to know what YOU can do in YOUR car at THE TRACK W/ YOU DRIVING IT.. nothing more nothing less.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DL said:
I am asking for the person who owns the car and who went to the drag strip while driving their own car. What were the Fastest ET's/MPH times?

I am not asking for what their buddy or tuner or professional driver drove while driving the customers,friends or shop car..

Just to clairify things a little, I know I word things oddly sometimes, but hey thats just me.

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
So...you drive your car 5 seconds in the 1/4 and I can drive mine 25 seconds. What does this prove? How much RWHP needs to be part of the equation. Otherwise...as a near famous person once said...

Freelance said:
...so why post it...whoopdi forkin do. and bla bla bla.

·
Registered
480 Posts

he just wants to know how good these cars are doing in the owners hands like if they are in the street driveing.... man if u dont want to play along dont f*cken play at all :crazy:

with that said there is no reasone on earth u shouldnt have ur car in the 10"s with new tired Freelance..lets do this :chill:

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: ...

neiiy69 said:
he just wants to know how good these cars are doing in the owners hands like if they are in the street driveing.... man if u dont want to play along dont f*cken play at all :crazy:

with that said there is no reasone on earth u shouldnt have ur car in the 10"s with new tired Freelance..lets do this :chill:
Its not like we are on the NHRA circut, all i want to know amongst ppl that already go to the drag strip what their fastest times are and fastest MPH's are.

why is this so hard to understand or are ppl trying to justify why they have other ppl drive their cars.

None the less, whats the point of going to the drag strip and claiming times if you YOURSELF did not drive it.

Lets not make this more than what it is.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
my best time was a measly 13.4 @ 105 with me driving. 9psi.

Now that I have full control over tuning my own car, I'm installing a 2mm headgasket, exh cam gear, and rrfpr the week of december 1st. I hope to be able to break into the mid-high 12s on pump gas and street tires with this setup...

We shall see! 8)

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
doublins said:
my best time was a measly 13.4 @ 105 with me driving. 9psi.

Now that I have full control over tuning my own car, I'm installing a 2mm headgasket, exh cam gear, and rrfpr the week of december 1st. I hope to be able to break into the mid-high 12s on pump gas and street tires with this setup...

We shall see! 8)
Thank you Doublins, FINALLY the answer I was looking for... :D :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 102 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.