Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has driven past 95mph and notice a moderate increase acceleration and power right a 95mph and not before? I have noticed this several times and even my wife can feel the increased acceleration from the passenger seat. It only happens at 95mph and not in a lower gear and higher rpm. Every time we go on the 5 or 205 I nail just to reach 95mph and feel the sudden bump in power, slow down and do it again just to think about what is going on, is the butterfly in the throttle body finally opening up 100% and not at the 60% mark as prevously posted in another thread
Either way do not go out and try this
, but if you have noticed this please comment
Thanks

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
I would imagine that this is related to a spike in the hp or torque curve for whatever rpm you are running @ 95mph. Check a dyno plot to see what the curves look like at this rpm level.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by webguyIS:
I would imagine that this is related to a spike in the hp or torque curve for whatever rpm you are running @ 95mph. Check a dyno plot to see what the curves look like at this rpm level.
It only happens at the 95mph mark, and does not happen say in 3rd at 5500rpm or 2 at 4000rpm. only 5th gear rith at 95mph

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by IS300_3.2CLTypeS:
Who has driven past 95mph and notice a moderate increase acceleration and power right a 95mph and not before? I have noticed this several times and even my wife can feel the increased acceleration from the passenger seat. It only happens at 95mph and not in a lower gear and higher rpm. Every time we go on the 5 or 205 I nail just to reach 95mph and feel the sudden bump in power, slow down and do it again just to think about what is going on, is the butterfly in the throttle body finally opening up 100% and not at the 60% mark as prevously posted in another thread
Either way do not go out and try this
, but if you have noticed this please comment
Thanks
Although I dun have an IS300, but I got an old school Toyota Camry V6. I was practicing driving on hwy and my dad just told me to drive faster because there is no car. SO I went up to around 150Km/h ...then suddenly the car shifts its gears (I think) because the RPM went from 3000 to 5000 ..and kept rising to the redline, well from that point I got scared so came back down from 160km/h to 120. Is this what you are talking about?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts