Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of pistons did u get? price? source? did u get rods? what kind? any info would be great.. tia.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I think the majority of the people building out the bottom end are just going with the tt block (2jz-gte). The rods, pistons, and crank are all from the gte block as well. You can buy them new for relatively cheap. Most all of the tuners do this swap. You should call around/check websites for pricing.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok... well i found a site with new gte shortblocks for 1,790. but thats way outta my budget so im just gonna get the TT pistons, rods, rings, and maybe the bearings...

do i need bearings?? or will my stock bearings suffice?? also, what kind of head gasket should i be using? will stock work? or should i just get a TT hg?

am i missing anything here??

btw.. i found new oem TT pistons w/pin for $39.65/each and the rods were, $56.01/each.. ring set is $113 and bearing set is $82

so for about $771... u got a built GE bottom end. oh yeah, plus 10% for shipping :D

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
Lexotic Concepts said:
ok... well i found a site with new gte shortblocks for 1,790. but thats way outta my budget so im just gonna get the TT pistons, rods, rings, and maybe the bearings...

do i need bearings?? or will my stock bearings suffice?? also, what kind of head gasket should i be using? will stock work? or should i just get a TT hg?

am i missing anything here??

btw.. i found new oem TT pistons w/pin for $39.65/each and the rods were, $56.01/each.. ring set is $113 and bearing set is $82

so for about $771... u got a built GE bottom end. oh yeah, plus 10% for shipping :D
can you please share the website where u found the block for $1790?

thanks...

·
Registered
37 Posts
bearings

you definetly need bearings, the rods all take a different mark bearing, i rebuilt mine w/ all TT internals as well and a TT metal head gasket.
give me a call at the shop and i can explain the bearing fitment process to ya.

cody mac
cody mac motorsports
203-265-8012

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Lexotic Concepts said:
Don't forget about installation. That will be allot of $ in labor.
I'm curious to see what the cost defference will be between a new TT block vs swapping internals.

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey cody.. u live in CT???
are the prices i found pretty good? where did u buy your stuff from?? how much was the headgasket??

and redline... dont know exactly how much labor will be since the motor im building was taken apart down to the pistons about 8 months ago..

the website i found all this stuff is...
https://www.1sttoyotaparts.com/partscat.html

dont forget to hook me up with a dot or 2 :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
internals

yeah im from CT,
bought my stuff from toyota of wallingford, they toook forever to get the stuff but it cost me under 1000.00 total, rings pistons, rods, bearings, head gasket.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
off topic: but cody where about in the 203 u from?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dayum...where all these ct peepz show up from...??

yo cody... what u got that u needed to build ur bottom end?

·
Premium Member
2,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh wow... thats awesome.. how far along are you with the project?? did you come across any problems with the TT internals? or install? do u know which bearings im gonna need to swap??

do u own a mustang shop down there?? a friend of mine thinks he knows of u....

·
Registered
37 Posts
internals

lexotic,

yeah thats me w/ the mustang shop, i talked to carin last night, let me know if you guys run into any problems, id be glad to help, i have a account w/ toyota so i may be able to get you a better price for the parts.

cody mac

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
Cody

could you share all the part numbers for us to build the bottom end?

thanks
David

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
bump

1 - 17 of 17 Posts