Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And do they notice a difference? Should i bother getting one? What's a good make/model?
thanks!

·
Registered
703 Posts
I didnt reset my ECU and ran the car for a week with no difference in feel. After resetting the ECU i still was doubtful. As time passed... (10 days MAX), I totally noticed the difference. Shifts were smoother and more responsive.

It DOES work. If anyone says otherwise they dont KNOW WTF theyre doing.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BugginOuT said:
I'm still trying to convince myself that it works.

Who knows?!?

Maybe it does! 8)
LOL! :lol: that'll prolly be me after i get mine installed..yet another useless mod- up there with my caliper stickers! :lol: j/k

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
They help alot. :lol: Toyota engineers do not know anything about how to design a electrical system for something as advanced as a "automobile". Guys with a GED can design a much better system working late in their garages between beers! Sorry, got carried away. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Dan

·
Registered
203 Posts
Idle is smoother

Engine is more responsive, especially from a stop

Engine SEEMS louder though, don't know if that had to do with the kit.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i guess i feel tigher/smoother shifts.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I've had mine for 9,000 miles now, and it has prove its worth, I've gotten at least 20 extra miles to the tank of gas, I think it's a great investment :wink: IMHO

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
alredxiii said:
I've had mine for 9,000 miles now, and it has prove its worth, I've gotten at least 20 extra miles to the tank of gas, I think it's a great investment :wink: IMHO
20 miles, meaning, according the Lexus numbers, one extra gallon of gas basically. Assuming you drive the standard 1000 miles per month, that would be 2.5 fill ups, accordingly at a price of say $1.80 per gallons, you are saving $4.50 per month. Also equating to $54 per year. Damn, that is an investment. While I'm at it I'm going to go saving 30 cents on Juice, if I buy enough, I too may have such incredible savings.

P.S. - I'm just kidding around with you. Just for shits and giggles.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
DENVER_IS300 said:
alredxiii said:
20 miles, meaning, according the Lexus numbers, one extra gallon of gas basically. Assuming you drive the standard 1000 miles per month, that would be 2.5 fill ups, accordingly at a price of say $1.80 per gallons, you are saving $4.50 per month. Also equating to $54 per year. Damn, that is an investment. While I'm at it I'm going to go saving 30 cents on Juice, if I buy enough, I too may have such incredible savings.

you only drive 1000 miles per month??? :eek:
oh and gas around here is like $2.25 per gallon. :pissed: not sure if that makes such a big dent in the overall investment theory....

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DENVER_IS300 said:
alredxiii said:

"I too may have such incredible savings...." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Too funny....

·
Registered
3,506 Posts
UpTownIS300er said:
DENVER_IS300 said:
alredxiii said:

you only drive 1000 miles per month??? :eek:
oh and gas around here is like $2.25 per gallon. :pissed: not sure if that makes such a big dent in the overall investment theory....
Well as of recently, more like 1200. I think that 1000 per month is an average, but what the hell do I know. Either way, even if we doubled my equation, you'd still be way below. Although if you were to hold onto the car for about three years, you would save enough in gas to pay off the kit and buy about three boxes of hot pockets! Yay!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Stevo said:
I noticed smoother shifts espcially from the 1st to 2nd gear shift on my e-shift.
ditto on mine, that 1st to 2nd shift would sometimes be rough, especially when cold.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
DENVER_IS300 said:
alredxiii said:

It's all about shits and giggles mang :wink: I'm just saying what I've seen and experienced, that's all, It was on sale for 60 bucks, had 60 bucks and bought it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
alredxiii said:
DENVER_IS300 said:
alredxiii said:

well...if it's any consolation- i shat and giggled dude...hehe :lol:

It's all about shits and giggles mang :wink: I'm just saying what I've seen and experienced, that's all, It was on sale for 60 bucks, had 60 bucks and bought it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts