Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If so, are they crazy? Buy your own, especially a car that isn't exactly as cheap as a civic.

Anyway, it just seems to be a lot of 'kids' or late teens getting this car, and I'm like how the F can people get this car and afford insurance, etc at a young age w/out rents help?

My grammar was way off today.

[ April 22, 2001: Message edited by: mattssi ]

[ April 22, 2001: Message edited by: mattssi ]

·
Registered
56 Posts
who had their parents send them to English and grammer school? J/K.

Some kids are just spoiled. I'm guilty too. I hope to spoil my kids just as much when they're 16.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by mattssi:
If so, are they crazy? By your own, especially a car that isn't exactly as cheap civic.

Anyway, it just seems to be a lot of 'kids' or late teens getting this car, and I'm like how the F can people get this car and afford insurance, etc at a young age w/out rents help?
my parent bought me bus tickets, end of discussion there ...sigh

·
Registered
460 Posts
truthfully the car is not too expensive but for kids the insurence is so high. thats why im not in one right now. insurence is 500 a month for a 16 year old CRAZY

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Unless you have kids of your own mattssi, dont tell me that if you were fortunate enough to buy your child the car that he adores that you wouldnt. Obviously if your kid is a little brat that is non-deserving of it its another story, but if your kid works hard in school, or whatever else they do and you CAN afford to give them the car, then you would. A huge reason parents try to make as much as money as they can is FOR THEIR KIDS. There is a limit, I agree, but if the kid isnt overly spoiler its not a bad thing.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yes, my parents did buy the car for me. And I deeply appreciate everything that they do for me. I'm an honor student in school, I don't disobey my parents and I follow there rules, I don't do drugs .. I'm not some punk that gets a car than trashes it and has his friends all in it the second I receive it. I appreciate what they got me, and I love the so much for doing so. I think parents want the best for there kids, and when they are able to give it to them .. than they will. When I have kids hopefully I have the funds to get them the car I want, so they will feel the excitement I felt and STILL fill when I saw the car with my name on it and when my dad handed me the key's.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
shouldnt be hating just because some people are more fortunate. my cars were bought for me, yes i admit. but i do realize how lucky i am and i am greatful for it. not everyone that are fortune are snobby brats.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes, my parents did buy the car for me. And I deeply appreciate everything that they do for me. I'm an honor student in school, I don't disobey my parents and I follow there rules, I don't do drugs .. I'm not some punk that gets a car than trashes it and has his friends all in it the second I receive it. I appreciate what they got me, and I love the so much for doing so. I think parents want the best for there kids, and when they are able to give it to them .. than they will. When I have kids hopefully I have the funds to get them the car I want, so they will feel the excitement I felt and STILL fill when I saw the car with my name on it and when my dad handed me the key's.
Boyie, there u go. Rite on. My parents bought me the car but i still have to pay for gas and insurance. I'm 16. But ey, i'm also an honor student and their only reason for doing so was because i was a damn good good child (not to brag). Hey, I didn't even see the car coming. It's not like i begged my parents to get me the car, I just told 'em a couple of times that i liked the car and pointed it out on the streets, but i'm not a spoiled brat for getting one. I'm just a lucky and fortunate kid, because i worked hard and it sure payed off and i'm eternally grateful towards my parents. However, cost didn't even become an issue for my dad cuz he said that i deserved what i worked towards and i have my own job already and i work everyday after school. Hey, i even wanted to contribute to the paymeny of the car because i didn't want my dad to "spoil" me by spending so much money on the car. It doesn't make us "spoiled" kids spoiled just for having our parents getting us the car. Hell, my dad went to stanford, he's a damn doctor, he can easily afford a car for me, but it wasn't so easy to get it for me because i had to be deserving of it. Anyone can be put in that situation of deserving something if u work towards it. It has nothing to do with being spoiled or a rich b a s t a r d.

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Guys,
I was basically just asking a question, no need to get upset.

Except the smoking weed guy....you're stupid & hit a wall.

I just don't see a gift as being a 34k car, especially if you don't have to pay insurance either. But I just may live in a different area...less rich or whatever. But whatever it is, I seem to have one of the few IS's over here (good thing about not living in Cali) and definately the only Yellow one I've seen.

Take it easy and enjoy the car no matter what.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i am 17. i will be buying the IS with 100% of my own money. i work very hard. i work on websites in my free time, invest (day trading on my cell), and work at the grocery store about 30 hrs a week (nights and weekends). all of this while i am doing high school (yeah, honors just like the other kids.....1380 SAT) i dont hate on kids who have daddy buy them their ****. its not hurting me. i believe it hurts them.....if they dont have the right attitude. kids at my school drive SLKs, m3s, etc. all parents. they dont appreciate it and they are in for a surprise when their parents die or they have to get their own job. my parents do buy stuff for me......they pay for my gas, insurance, food, and clothes. i know both ends of the spectrum. but for all of you whos parents buy you your IS, it feels SOOOO awesome to buy something yourself. you look at it and go 'damn.....this was all me'. it feels great. sure you can appreciate your parents getting you stuff for your grades or whatever......but there is something about doing it yourself. the best feeling in the world........and thats why i am a republican
(oops getting off track)

dont take that the wrong way.......like i said i have nothing against the kids who get the free stuff.....its their life, not mine. i just dont want to be living on food stamps.....i work as hard as i can.....im in the workforce already.....just finished my taxes (we need bush's tax cut badly
) and everything. earning your own honest living is a feeling like no other.

just my $.02

·
Registered
159 Posts
I'm 19 and my parents paid for my IS, my gas, and my insurance. I'm not really a good kid, I'm just a lucky bastard. I've been in and out of trouble my whole teen life. I've already crashed two Lexus's before, but my parents keep hooking my up. Insurance on my GS3 was 1,200 a fukking month! I had to get it put under my grandpa's name so I could continue to drive it, but I eventually flipped that thing four times going 100mph. Some people are just lucky and have rich-ass parents that are very generous. You people shouldn't get so uptight about us youngsters pushin Lexo's, although I don't blame you b/c I would feel the same way in that situation.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Buying an IS300 for a 16 year old is like putting a loaded gun their hands, nothing good will come from it (markd is proof). No sixteen year old should be behind the wheel of a car that can do 140 MPH. Now that I'm 28, you can put me in the camp of people who think you should be 18 to get a license. Don't be surprised if it happens some day

·
Registered
355 Posts
Originally posted by CL Boy:
i am 17. i will be buying the IS with 100% of my own money. i work very hard. i work on websites in my free time, invest (day trading on my cell), and work at the grocery store about 30 hrs a week (nights and weekends). all of this while i am doing high school (yeah, honors just like the other kids.....1380 SAT) i dont hate on kids who have daddy buy them their ****. its not hurting me. i believe it hurts them.....if they dont have the right attitude. kids at my school drive SLKs, m3s, etc. all parents. they dont appreciate it and they are in for a surprise when their parents die or they have to get their own job. my parents do buy stuff for me......they pay for my gas, insurance, food, and clothes. i know both ends of the spectrum. but for all of you whos parents buy you your IS, it feels SOOOO awesome to buy something yourself. you look at it and go 'damn.....this was all me'. it feels great. sure you can appreciate your parents getting you stuff for your grades or whatever......but there is something about doing it yourself. the best feeling in the world........and thats why i am a republican
(oops getting off track)

dont take that the wrong way.......like i said i have nothing against the kids who get the free stuff.....its their life, not mine. i just dont want to be living on food stamps.....i work as hard as i can.....im in the workforce already.....just finished my taxes (we need bush's tax cut badly
) and everything. earning your own honest living is a feeling like no other.

just my $.02
Working at a Grocery store is pretty good money for a young guy like us. I wouldn't mind a job at a Grocery store .. I think it would be fun since theres kids are age working there also .. ok, I have no idea why I posted this ..lol

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
I must be getting old, but I've got to take a pot shot at this:

Who had their parents by their car for them?

You actually use the correct their (instead of the more commonly mis-used there or even they're), yet you spelled "by" wrong. Not once, but twice!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
My parents bought my IS...I also have a job at a movie advertisement company that pays 10 bucks an hour because im good at graphic design and stuff...Its not like I dont do my share of stuff...I deserve what I receive, or else I wouldnt be getting it

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree, a sixteen year old should probably not be driving this car. If I could do it all over again, I would have waited till I was at least 20 to get a nicer car. Being 16, you will realize how much little **** you don't know about driving and taking care of your car. Good luck!
Originally posted by rubley:
Buying an IS300 for a 16 year old is like putting a loaded gun their hands, nothing good will come from it (markd is proof). No sixteen year old should be behind the wheel of a car that can do 140 MPH. Now that I'm 28, you can put me in the camp of people who think you should be 18 to get a license. Don't be surprised if it happens some day

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have been browsing this forum for a while. For me, just as long as those kids don't show off and think they are the **** i'm fine with it. I know how it is to be in high school and drive a nice car. I'm 20 and 1.5 years ago, I used my investment money and work money to purchase a 1999 GS400, if you fix it up, just don't be an ass and people will be chill. I just hate it when kicks show off their cars. They really don't have to. I'm just lucky to live in the bay area and to be sucessful in business. Well, that's a part of life. Who even cares about this topic, it's just so freaking stupid that we are even talking about this. Let's just stop now and talk car talk instead of stupid talk!!!!!!

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't think this topic is stupid. I tends to put a reason behind most of the 'punk' attitudes and slang used on this board. I figured the IS would bring an older/mature audience to the forefront, but it hasn't. Thats the mosty annoying thing on this board.

example:
"This exhaust sounds bad azz and I can feel the difference so much, I can beat any BMW 3 series out there, those cars are junk"...

I just find those types of comments hilarious. What about an adultIS.com hehehehe

1 - 20 of 64 Posts