Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I went out to a big empty parking lot that was plowed and had a big mountain of snow in the middle. I had a blast going all the way around it sideways, I was kinda surprised how well I was doing.

IS300 is fun in the snow :)

I'm going back the next time theres a good snow fall.

·
Registered
923 Posts
That snow was really a lot of fun last night. I went sliding around some empty roads rally style with a few friends and followed it up with some donuts in a parkinglot.

·
Registered
329 Posts
lol its takin you guys this long to mess around??? I've been goin nuts with all the snow and water bein all over the ground :p

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I built my first snowman and snowcat in the backyard!

Digger08

·
Registered
175 Posts
haha nice snow work!!! but yeah it was fun driving sideways all night yesterday!!! cant wait for some more snow!!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
damn you ppl lol.

I had my car parked up, should of taken it out for a spin.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i plowed the streets first thing at 7am. first snow storm with my LSD(i used the open diff as weight in the trunk). huge difference. back end still slides but most of it is my right foot..lol

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
wow digger that's AWESOME hahaha

damn I wanna go out to do some 'sculpting' too now...

·
Registered
962 Posts
lots of fun in the snow recently, me a couple buddies were playing around in a loading area of a warehouse and we actually got a video clip of it.

lots of donuts, and a couple full out drifts around a corner.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Go ahead and post up that video!!! :cool:

I had plenty of fun myself. I took advantage of being home that day myself to get some drifting action. While driving through some of the deeper stuff tho I could hear the snow hitting the bottom of the car.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts

I had plenty of fun myself. I took advantage of being home that day myself to get some drifting action. While driving through some of the deeper stuff tho I could hear the snow hitting the bottom of the car.
I was doing OK until I got to my street, car too low, had to back up with TRAC off, pwr mode to get to drive way :( First time I ever had to do that to get through, probably need new winter boots for next year :)

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Trac Off, ECT Power On. GO GO LSD :)

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
It was fun freaking out other people driving sideways in a straight line and using my driver side window as my new windsheild... :lol:
But karma got me that night... :(

·
Registered
28 Posts
It was all fun and games on Friday until I hit a patch of ice making a turn and slid into the f***ing curb with my right rear wheel. The wheel rim is chewed to shit and now have to get a new one and get the alignment checked out. I'm going to mount the wheel on my garage wall to remind me of the dangers of winter drving and/or my stupidity.

·
Registered
962 Posts

as requested:

YouTube - Snow Drift Sesh

me and buddies just randomly decided to play around (was trying to figure out what to do that night).

since it was a random thing, we were out for a while playing around when my buddy decided near the end to break out his digicam.

don't mind the colour commentary, the video makes it look worse on how close i actually got to the garbage bin.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Haha, I drift around in the small residential streets each night I come home...ROFL Wet or snow, I'd do a few slides before I get home. I work late, so I am usually heading back home around 12:00am and nobody is around. I just drift through every turn, and a few were nice long sweeps too and I can get the car to stay sideways for several seconds.. I think I may get in trouble one day :jawDrop:

·
Registered
27 Posts
First winter with the Lexus. I must note that snow and slippery performance of the IS with brand new snowtires when compared against the last car I had BMW330i, is not as good. Rear tire grip is being affected by the weight distribution.

·
Registered
40 Posts
i had fun in the snow too, well too much fun, ended up jumping the curb ahaha, damn snow is slippery, BTW 86B, are u the guy that goes to commerce gate?, i see a car with the same rims and colour as urs there quite often

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I was doing OK until I got to my street, car too low, had to back up with TRAC off, pwr mode to get to drive way :( First time I ever had to do that to get through, probably need new winter boots for next year :)
clubfoot... there may not be anything wrong with your tires. Winter tires give you better grip in the snow but it doesn't mean you are invincible. If your tires can't find something to grip against... you are screwed... regardless of what tires or vehicle you have. I'm finding that I can drive pretty well in the snow... but if there are several inches... like 6" and over of really loose, fluffy snow I have trouble driving. Once it's packed down I am fine.

Today I had an adventure getting my car out for work. There was maybe half a metre or more of snow piled up against the driver's side of my car... so I couldn't get in that side (the car is on the edge of the driveway). I ended up driving my car from the passenger's seat with one hand on the parking brake... and my other hand flipping between the steering wheel and accelerator pedal to move the car away from the snow. It musta taken me half an hour before I could drive to work.

Then to get out of the driveway I threw it into reverse and gunned the car out of the driveway. There was atleast 8 inches of snow on the street infront of my house so it took some time to get out. But once I did get to a larger street I was fine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts