Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have one with a black interior which is the only color that should go with it.

i was just wondering who else has this color, cause i was at the dealer and i saw red (which is kinda ugly) and black with the polished, but no blue or whites, etc.

so is yellow, and the other colors popular or what?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same car as you. I'm originally from San Jose, but I'm living in San Diego for now. Maybe I'll run into you when I come up and visit the parents.

Do you find that the yellow gets dirty pretty quickly? It doesn't show the dirt too much from a distance, but I can sure see it when I get clost.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yea dust is pretty visible...and in SJ there's alot of it..i just wax and use the auto duster just about everyday...keeps it clean.

·
Registered
20 Posts
We got our Yellow IS 3 weeks ago. Just put 18" wheels on it in the process of painting the inner rim of the center caps solar yellow as an accent. Getting the windows tinted tomorrow. Will post pics once it's finished!

·
Registered
650 Posts
I bought the Solar Yellow too. Got the spoiler and carbon fiber int (black int of course). Even after rain here in Chicago the car still looks clean until you get really close.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I'd be VERY interested in seeing those yellow accented wheels. I've been debating putting on black rims with yellow on the outside. Like the picture in the Image Gallery. Anyone know how to go about getting that done to rims? I'm rather new to that kinda thing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rims come in the color black.

i was thinking of painting my brake calipers blue? what do you think it'll look with yellow?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have A Yellow one. Just got it this week. Picked it back up today After the Tint (20% all around) and the Spoiler. Nice Spoiler! I think it makes the car. Puts the finishing touch on it! And Get this The Service Manager tells me TDR is coming out with all the goodies for the IS and one of them is a Snap On Super Charger That WILL NOT void the warranty. As soon as they're out I already have one ordered. It will bring the card to 320 Horse. I will have more info on it this week! I'm Puttin that puppy on ASAP! I was gonna go with the twin Turbo (360 HP) but not if this keeps the Warranty. Can't Wait! I'll Be eating BMW's for Lunch (Except for the M5 of course) Hee Hee!

[This message has been edited by TheImmortalBlueDuck (edited September 25, 2000).]

·
Registered
449 Posts
Hey that looks nice, Could you post other photos of the car. Looks clean I think we should do a weekend road show thru Calif. to show support and see other peoples creations what do you guys think?

------------------
Yellow IS300 w/LSD and graphite polished rims

·
Registered
23 Posts
I Personally Like the Stock Rims... I have a Yellow IS. And You Gotta get the Stock Lexus Spoiler it really Compliments the car. I will Take some Pics and Post them.... Nice Ride Though! And TRD Is coming out with the SC for the IS that will not void the warranty! 320HP that's right 320HP! Can You say "I Eat BMW's" Hee Hee!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts