Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did the first oil change. what a bitch to get the filter on and off. I spilled half the oil out. cannot get the damn thing off. any tips? Im bringing it to get done. screw this. That was insane. Im so pissed, you cant fit the oil filter out you have to jam it in. let me know

Later

[ April 25, 2001: Message edited by: webmaster ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey the trick is that you have to take out your trans. dipstick....

it took me about an hour to try to figure how the f/// you get it out.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Why do it yourself? You can save money especially when you switch to synthetic. Plus many people just don't trust mechanics. There are good ones out there but also their are the horrible ones. One's that do a poor or "quicky" job. I doubt they even let the oil drain long enough because time is money and to them, it really doesn't matter if there's still some of the old oil left. But some people are picky about their cars.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by scoochydawg:
I just did the first oil change. what a bitch to get the filter on and off. I spilled half the oil out. cannot get the damn thing off. any tips? Im bringing it to get done. screw this. That was insane. Im so pissed, you cant fit the oil filter out you have to jam it in. let me know

Later

[ April 25, 2001: Message edited by: webmaster ]
I want to start changing my own oil... what do you all do with the old stuff?

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by LexusIS886:
Why do it yourself?
You can see from my sig that I like to tinker a little (noone changes the oil in the Miata but me), so I agree with everything you're saying. But my point was the first and second changes are FREE, so why not use them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts