Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I was jacking the front of my car up the other day and these pieces dropped out from the passenger-side front tire area. I looked all up in the spring/shock and could not see where it might have fell off. As you can tell, it is broken in 3 pieces (probably why it fell off). My guess would be suspension related part?

I was just wondering if it is something important. I would have to guess not, since the car rides and sounds the same as it did prior to this falling off...

THANKS!

·
Registered
320 Posts
whats the size of that thing..

size of a quarter?

or like, size of a donut?

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<gc43>

It's about 2 quarters wide...or...a dounut hole would fit snug inside :lol:

<matic>
There are not and never were any mud guards.

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
take a picture of it with a dollar bill next to it, its very hard to reference without that

redline814 said:
<gc43>

It's about 2 quarters wide...or...a dounut hole would fit snug inside :lol:

<matic>
There are not and never were any mud guards.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
More pics from different angles please.

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
49IS300 said:
It's a thing-a-ma-jigger? I don't know. You can go to the lexus dealer and ask them?
<assuming it is a suspension part>

My dealer is not exactly "mod friendly" and I have only run across one guy there who has any clue about the aftermarket world. Since I changed out the stock suspension, I am sure they will only give me grief.

I could use them as a last resort...if the all-knowing .NET folks can't help...

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
It is the cap to the fetzer valve washer for your shock return pressure regulator. They are used to manage yor rebound for your suspension and for your car to gauge the torque needed to be applied to the piston return springs.
Go to the dealer and he should get you fixed up, should be under warranty.

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
texis_300 said:
It is the cap to the fetzer valve washer for your shock return pressure regulator. They are used to manage yor rebound for your suspension and for your car to gauge the torque needed to be applied to the piston return springs.
Yeah what he said :chill:

·
Registered
5,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
texis_300 said:
Sounded impressive. But, the wording sounds more like a cun-n-paste from a Star Trek write-up.

So then...could this have been caused by my aftermarket suspension change? If so, not a warranty action.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
Checking to see how gullable you were.
It si more thatn likely a suspension part. It might be a washer to hold a rubber bushing in place for the H&R s not sure I would take it back to the shop who installed the springs and have them put it on a rack and check it out, it wo'nt hurt.
I know how I am when I see things fall off my car for no apparent reason.

·
Registered
799 Posts
It look's like the cap that comes on top of the koni adjustables shocks.
Not a big deal though

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is she different?

Did you poke around on the other side of the vehicle and find anything similar? That would be the easiest way to see if it's suspension related or not....

Good luck :)

·
Registered
361 Posts
maybe the top part of the dust cover that goes on the top part of the strut. or the bottom portion on the upper strut mount. guessing since it only fell out once u jacked up the car???

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
13 Participants
bpointer
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing