Registered
5,273 Posts

·
Registered
5,273 Posts

·
Mr. Roo
9,338 Posts
It really looks great! The car had a really nice clean look before, but I do think I prefer this more aggressive look, it just seems to fit better somehow. The wheels seem a tad small with the bigger body kit, but only in a couple of pics. The OEM white tail lights look great on there, and I still love the gray hood for some reason lol. Black/blue head lights also look great, as do the mirrors. Definitely all worth it.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,825
It really looks great! The car had a really nice clean look before, but I do think I prefer this more aggressive look, it just seems to fit better somehow. The wheels seem a tad small with the bigger body kit, but only in a couple of pics. The OEM white tail lights look great on there, and I still love the gray hood for some reason lol. Black/blue head lights also look great, as do the mirrors. Definitely all worth it.

Thanks man!

I definitely agree on the wheels being small. Although I think the front is okay for the most part. But I really think I want to switch to a 17/18 setup. Just having a tough time deciding if I should stick with my CE28's, look for another monoblock wheel, or go with something multipiece.

Still plan to get fenders and paint the hood first, but keeping my options open on wheels for now.

That car looks great, is the spoiler on the trunk th TRD one? Is it authentic or a copy? How is the fitment of it?
Honestly, I don't know what brand it is. I purchased it used from Japan and the listing had it advertised as "TRD?". I don't believe it is TRD, the ends on the quarter panels are different and I don't think it is as square as TRD. Plus there is no stamping or anything on it like I would expect from TRD. It does have similar brackets to mount it to the sides of the trunk.

Fitment is good for the most part. The gaps along the quarter panel seem larger than necessary but it's not really noticeable

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,828

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,829 (Edited)
Came across another local deal I couldn't pass up, so I picked up this spare dash board. It has the melting problem just like mine but I can clean it up and paint it at my leisure. Not to mention it was free... so I don't have to stress about it turning out like crap since it can be a test dash or temporary solution. I've started to strip it but it's hot and Arkansas has millions of mosquitos the size of small birds so it makes it difficult to work on stuff outside with water lol

Untitled by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Picked up some Bride "knee pads" I think is what they're called. Basically they protect the side bolsters from ripping when getting in/out of the car.

Random pictures at work

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,830
More random pictures

I have a local guy coming to buy my Volk CE28N this weekend, so I had the front tires removed this week. I'm going to run the front tires on my next wheels, and purchased a new pair of tires for the rears which showed up today.

I've purchased a new set of wheels already. Was hoping they would be here by Saturday at the latest but it's not looking like they will be here until next week.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,832
Haven't had time to do much, work is super busy. Also have another dog lol

Got my "new" wheels in. Fairly pleased. I knew they weren't perfect so that's okay. I thought I could make the rear fit a little better but haven't been able to mess with it.

Advan RS
17x9 +29 215/45/17
18x10 +15 225/40/18

Replaced a bad o2 sensor on the 4runner, got the tires mounted on the Advans, and put them on the car. That's as far as I've gotten though. Haven't put my side skirts back on, need to adjust the ride height in the rear. Probably going to add a spacer to the front.

I think I've got a bad tie rod end on my driver side. I've noticed a large increase in clunking recently, and when swapping wheels I noticed the boot is torn and there is grease covering it. Going to check again when I have time and then probably just order OEM replacements. They're like $62 shipped each.

I swear I'll eventually get some new fenders and paint the hood...

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,834
very nice. how does the 10j +15 fit in the rear? looks like there is a little bit of poke, gonna add some camber? i wouldn't mind doing a 9/10 width stagger.
Yeah, 18x10 +15 pokes too much. At least at the height I'm at and I believe I'm only running -3* of camber all around. I need to order a new tie rod end and decide if I'm going to go any lower but eventually I'll get an alignment and probably go -4* all around. Front will need a spacer but that's fine.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,835
Well, I finally drove the car. Hasn't been out of the garage other than backing it out to take pictures 10 days ago.

Yes, I still plan to pick up new fenders and to have the hood painted this year.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,837
nice choice with the advans. i love the finish on them, definately makes it pop
Thanks! Black chrome has always been a color I wanted to try so this worked out great. Still need to get the setup dialed in a little better but the combo works great and is what I wanted.

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,838
No changes.. Haven't really driven the car at all. They've been doing road work on my route to work and I've had clunking from the front end so haven't wanted to drive it lol

Ordered a new tie rod end from Lexus. I've replaced both in the last few years but I tore the boot on this one a while back. It's slowly been leaking and finally started making noise. Going to try to replace it this week and go back over all the suspension I've touched in the last few months to make sure everything is tight.

That's about it... I need someone to buy my oem flush mount trunk spoiler so I can feel better about finally ordering fenders lol

·
Registered
5,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,839
So I haven't been driving this a whole lot. It's been hot and I haven't spent the time to wash it and they've been doing construction on the highway. Decided to take it out this week and planned on driving it everyday.

Of course, the first day I drive it and my check engine light comes on and TRAC is flashing. Luckily it's just a code for secondary o2 sensors. I've contacted Karl Long about getting a Sim made so that's in the works. I can still drive it so it's whatever lol

Nothing was working out with getting BN Sports fenders, so I ended up buying just a set of Altezza JDM fenders. Will pick them up from the post office tomorrow. I would like to have them widened and add a vent but more realistically I'm just going to get them rolled, fill the fender light, and get them painted. JDM were cheaper than any fiberglass option and cheaper than USDM plus JDM headlights will mount up so I'm okay with it. Torn on filling the fender light it since I have turn signals on my mirrors.

Oh, I found out my hood hits my strut bar. I think that's what is causing the fitment to be a little off. I'm working on a project for my house that is taking priority, but at some point I will notch the hood for clearance.

1821 - 1840 of 1889 Posts