Untitled by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Going to give TRD carbon license plate garnish a try. Chris (DB8 Motorsports) is the man

·
Registered
595 Posts
Finished my attempt at paint correction on the 4Runner. Definitely not perfect, but it's much better than it was when I got it. Just going to try to keep it close to this condition while I have it.

I have no plans to mod the 4Runner. Wheels would be cool, but I would rather spend the money that I would spend on truck TE37 on the IS lol. Only real changes that will be made are front window tint and I would like to do something different with the head lights. Projector retrofit would be sweet, just money on the 4Runner vs money on the IS lol

Hoping I'll be able to pick up my car in less than 2 weeks. Cross your fingers.

I think I've fixed all of the broken photobucket pictures so that's sweet. I think everything is up to date too.
You should buy the FN BFD wheels in 18x9 instead. Throw some Volk stickers on them. :laugh:

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,863
I bought another pair of Advan RS in 18x10 +25 for my rear. I've since sold my 18x10 +15 pair. I just didn't like the amount of poke they had and they were rubbing under any sort of hard driving. +25 should pull them back in enough to be fun. My rear CE28N were 17x10 +25 and I was running a 245/40/17 so should have plenty of room.

I also bought 4 new valve stems from Sensei 6. Jordan is super helpful, service was great. I needed them ASAP and they took care of me. The +25 pair came with some generic rubber valve stems so I replaced them with chrome stems to match the front pair. When I flip the front tires next year I'll put the new pair of valve stems on them.

I FINALLY received my passenger seat rail/slider. I purchased a Bride RO rail for my Bride XAX2 from Enjuku 11 weeks ago, they had said it would be 6-8 week special order but I wasn't too concerned. I contacted them during week 7 though and there was some kind of mishap or miscommunication "with Japan" and it was going to be another 4 weeks... Not sure what happened, but I'm not mad. They were good with communication and were apologetic about everything so it is what it is.

I don't have the car anyway so it really didn't matter. I dropped it off for paint a few weeks ago so just playing a waiting game to put it back together and get the seat in.

Unfortunately that's the only picture I have right now lol. I did bolt it up to the seat though.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I bought another pair of Advan RS in 18x10 +25 for my rear. I've since sold my 18x10 +15 pair. I just didn't like the amount of poke they had and they were rubbing under any sort of hard driving. +25 should pull them back in enough to be fun. My rear CE28N were 17x10 +25 and I was running a 245/40/17 so should have plenty of room.

I also bought 4 new valve stems from Sensei 6. Jordan is super helpful, service was great. I needed them ASAP and they took care of me. The +25 pair came with some generic rubber valve stems so I replaced them with chrome stems to match the front pair. When I flip the front tires next year I'll put the new pair of valve stems on them.

I FINALLY received my passenger seat rail/slider. I purchased a Bride RO rail for my Bride XAX2 from Enjuku 11 weeks ago, they had said it would be 6-8 week special order but I wasn't too concerned. I contacted them during week 7 though and there was some kind of mishap or miscommunication "with Japan" and it was going to be another 4 weeks... Not sure what happened, but I'm not mad. They were good with communication and were apologetic about everything so it is what it is.

I don't have the car anyway so it really didn't matter. I dropped it off for paint a few weeks ago so just playing a waiting game to put it back together and get the seat in.

Unfortunately that's the only picture I have right now lol. I did bolt it up to the seat though.
Your pictures are not working.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Digging the wheels!!! I really like the shape of the spokes and they are so shiny. Good choice

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,870
Finally getting some updates from the body shop. Taking much longer than anticipated but trying to stay patient.

Hoping it will be ready to pick up this coming week. Will need to put Advans on, put both Brides in, put Elixir kit on, and then make sure the ride height is good all around.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,871

"new" rear wheels fit so much better. MUCH happier with these. Switched from 18x10 +15 to 18x10 +25.

Potato interior shot

·
Registered
5,304 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,874
There's my updated photo dump. Got the car back a while back, but have been busy with other projects so it took me longer to get it back together than I had planned.

Got it back together, drove it for about 2 weeks. Getting some pretty nasty popping from the front end so I haven't driven it in 2 weeks now. I'm in the process of screening in my back porch and with summer/mosquito season starting all my spare time has gone to that. I'm about 80% done with that now, and am hoping to finish it this weekend. Then I can check my ball joints. I have an older style roll center adjuster+Hysteer lower ball joint replacement from Figs that are serviceable so I'm hoping the ball joints just need greased. We'll see.

Pretty happy with the car. There are some nitpicky things I don't like or I'm not happy with but it is what it is. Chargespeed fiberglass hood surprisingly does not fit well. I don't know if the original owner had a poor body shop body work it and fit it or what, but my body shop put WAY too much time into it to get it to fit how it does.

Not sure that I like the TRD license plate garnish. I'd still rather find the C-One trunk panels but have had zero luck. My other idea is to find OEM Toyota black painted tail lights but that's pretty difficult too. And I like the white tail lights and don't see a point in keeping two different sets.

I need to give the car another wash after I check the ball joints and go get some better pictures. Maybe next weekend lol

Now my biggest dilemma. I've really been going back and forth with selling the car. I'm trying to drive it more but I also haven't had as much time to work on it. I enjoy the car and it drives really well right now, but I'm at the point now where I have to make a decision on the future of the car. While I do enjoy it, I'm at the point where I either am going to 1jz swap it or sell it. 1jz swap (or boosted in general) has been a goal of mine for many years, but looks have always been more important. I've finally got the car looking how I want so it's either take the next step or be done with it and move on.

I've been struggling with it for a while, so it's probably not something I'll decide in the next 2 weeks or anything.

·
Registered
754 Posts
looking good! first and second photo in post 1871, was the front end blended into the rest of the car? sorry, i dont know a whole lot about painting and the techniques used.

i know the feeling of lots of back and forth when it comes to selling.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,876
looking good! first and second photo in post 1871, was the front end blended into the rest of the car? sorry, i dont know a whole lot about painting and the techniques used.

i know the feeling of lots of back and forth when it comes to selling.
Yeah, they blended the front doors and repainted the front bumper.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,877
Haven't been driving the car because of the front end popping. Took a peek, lower ball joint grease looks clean and they move freely with no noise/binding with the spindles unbolted. Upper ball joints on the other hand...

Sorry, I thought I uploaded the other pictures. I'll be back later to finish this.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,878 (Edited)
So, these are my factory upper arms but I had replaced the ball joints with Moon Face Low Angle joints. They were shorter than stock and helped with the upper arm not banging on the shock towers, but they only lasted maybe 30k miles. I mean, I've barely driven the car in the past 2 years.

So, car is on jack stands with the uppers pulled out and battery is on a charger for now.

I have already ordered ball joint replacements from Figs, and I went ahead and bought Super Pro bushings too. My bushings look great, I had pulled these arms off for LONG time while I was running Cusco uppers so I would be surprised if they bushings even have 80k miles on them. But I figured I'll just upgrade while the arms are out and then the front suspension will be completely refreshed. They should be delivered Saturday so I just need to get out in the garage and get the bushings/ball joints removed if I can.

EDIT: Updated first post to include all of my recent posts. Updated mods list.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,880
Okay, kinda forgot to update this lol

Pictures from Ball joint and bushing replacement.

Took some pictures once I was finished putting the arms back in.

1861 - 1880 of 1945 Posts