Lexus IS Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1945 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,783
SICK!!! I cut my OEM rear crash bar to fit finally (ran without one for like a year, felt naked lol). And used JDM front one. But those look so much better! And those wheels are perfect, should just keep two tone :p Congrats on the house :)
Man, I don't know how you were able to cut the rear bar to fit. Chargespeed has to have more room than the OEM JDM bumper/Modellista bumper, the stubs that the bar mount to wouldn't even fit! I ran without front or rear bars for 4 or so years :serious: was always scared lol I'm so glad Street Faction did another run of these, I wasn't able to get in on the initial run and have been wanting them forever.

Thanks! I'm hoping I can get the wheels powder coated to match in the next couple months

man this thread makes me want another is300! maybe i should sell my frs.... beautiful is300, one of the nicest ones ive seen
***Edit*** went thru all 119 pages, great read! love all the phases you went thru!
Thanks! FRS are definitely cool though!

Can't believe you took the time to go through all the blabbering lololol so much back and forth indecisions. Nothings changed :laugh:

Congrats on the new house man... very very nice!
Cool dogs too
Thanks man! lol life sure is interesting now

looking good man. your dogs are beautiful!
Thanks dude :nerd:

Corey i wanna see that kit on before i paint my car again......im serious :)
You and me both! See next post, finally might be able to move that direction

How are you liking the subframe collars? Is there any increase in vibration or any weird noises?
Hmmm... I haven't had any new noises or vibrations after going to the collars. I would say no change as far as that goes. My car has been making funny noises from the rear (unrelated to the collars, present before install) so I haven't driven the car as hard as I usually do lol but the few times I have the rear definitely feels more firm and consistent.

For around/under $150 I don't think you can go wrong with them. They're a fairly easy install if you're competent and the underside isn't rusted lol

man i miss that grill haha i didnt notice it till now
'

:grin: can't wait to get this thing together one day.

Sweet car! I love white on these cars, makes them look super clean. Love the dogs too!
Thanks on both counts!

White was definitely my favorite on the IS. Eventually I'll have this thing all painted and it'll be a VERY tough decision on whether or not I change colors or not.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,784
Night time picture of my foot well LED's I did a couple years ago and never got a decent picture of lol

Untitled by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

TRD Yellows, CF + LED + blue glass Ganadors, New serpentine belt, and new door lock actuator

Figs battery bar, foot plate, TRAC arms, rear LCA knuckle bearings, rear TRAC bushings for the knuckle, and lightweight struts for Figs hood prop kit. and Figs T-shirt

Also pick up a pair of trunk hinges to replace mine. The brackets on one of mine cracked in half and the other side is cracked but hanging in there. I think my car never had the correct springs installed for the trunk with the factory spoiler or something because the trunk never popped quite like the 2001 with no spoiler I had. I believe they cracked and broke from the shock of being closed a little firmer than I should have lol either way, I finally managed to snag some that were white and had no signs of cracking

In more important news, after 9 years of daily driving the IS, I finally bought something to daily in it's place. Had a friend that posted his 2004 Toyota 4Runner for sale and ended up buying it. 4wd, v8, 134k miles lol should be perfect for winter and hauling the dogs around in, just wish it was white.

So I replaced the door lock actuator on my front driver door the week before Thanksgiving. Well I found out the hard way that you shouldn't remove the latch for the assembly unless you pay attention to how it goes together. The door lock and handle functioned as they should (or so I thought) before I fully installed everything, so I put it back in the door and attempted to shut/open the door. Well it partially shut... and locked. I couldn't open the door or get it to fully close. Luckily I didn't install the door panel before trying it but still very little room to work with. Basically I ended up breaking off the plastic cover from the entire assembly, was able to unbolt the new actuator from the latch assembly after attempting everything I could to get it open including plugging power to it to unlock it, so now I'm left with basically the latch assembly in the door.

As of today, I still haven't got my door open LOL. I was able to get it fully shut after messing with it, but it was still locked. I was okay with this for a while because I could drive the car and let it sit without worrying about the battery draining but I got tired of climbing in through the passenger side. The IS has sat for over 2 weeks now without being started...

I bought a full latch/actuator assembly and received it last week. I spent some time with it trying to see what I could that was different and determined that everything with the actuator and assembly was hooked up correctly. That left only the latch. I opened it up to find the cam, latch, and 2 springs and played around with everything. I did determine what I did wrong so that's good, I now know why the door won't open and I have an idea of what I need to do to get it open, but I have yet to really work on it lol. I'll maybe work on it next week/weekend and try to get some pictures. I know the information on the latch would be very helpful in the DIY thread for the actuator replacement, there was at least one other guy that commented in there that I assume did the same thing

Will update again when I have updates lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
Nice job on the kit and the 4runner purchase. I just picked up a 06' 4runner about 4 months ago to drive around my 23' travel trailer. It needs some suspension work and front brakes though.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,786
So I fixed my door. I still plan to take apart what I have left to take pictures of everything so someone else can avoid what I did lol it's just messy so taking pictures and working on it at the same time is a pain. But it's done, I had to pry the hell out of a lever and gain just enough room to poke a small flathead
After I fixed the door I was motivated to get other stuff done. Installed Ganadors, TRD yellows, new serpentine belt, and replaced my trunk hinges. My trunk now pops completely open! Hasn't done that in years so that's cool.

Just this week I was finally able to get my hands on some pig tails for 2002+ OEM mirrors. My Ganadors had no plugs so I didn't have a way to get power to them to adjust. I removed all the wires from the plugs, grabbed three I wanted to keep, soldered onto the wiring of the Ganadors, and then placed the wires back in the spots needed for adjustment. Much better now that I can atleast see SOMETHING lol

IMG_0586 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0592 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0594 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I picked up a few parts too. Figs Super Pro bushings for the subframe diff mount and diff ear mounts, Carbing front under brace, and I finally bit the bullet and bought JDM black housing/blue tint head lights.

IMG_0617 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0616 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0528 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0335 by in the slot I needed and it popped right open.
Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Drove my car for the first time in over a month since I couldn't get the door open. This was like January 1st lol

IMG_0132 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0130 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I did eventually wash my car.

IMG_0579 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0578 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0416 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_0413 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

May install Carbing brace tomorrow, need HID kit for headlights before I install them, need to figure out the best way to wire turn signals for mirrors, need to get my wheels powder coated, need it to warm up so I can work on my Vertex fenders more.

·
Cherisher
4,831 Posts
Nice to see you're still at it and investing more. Looking good bro!

Let us know how the diff bushings work out. I bought all of those a while back but still haven't installed them.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,788
Nice to see you're still at it and investing more. Looking good bro!

Let us know how the diff bushings work out. I bought all of those a while back but still haven't installed them.
Thanks! Yeah, I go back and forth between selling it and continuing to mod it. Will have it until I'm fed up with it lol

Haven't messed with the diff bushings yet. I was planning on rushing things together to go to Import Alliance in Atlanta next weekend but I realized I won't be happy with some of the details so I'm not going. Which means I can start working on the bushings soon

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,789
So I may sell my Carbing under brace if anyone wants it. It hangs too low for me, I'm afraid it will get caught on an incline or a speed bump :(

Figs came through and produced new "OEM" side skirt clips. I jumped on the group buy and they showed up last week I think. They're actually a lot bigger than I expected lol but fit perfect once you fix your pinch welds. Mine are folded over and bent to hell so that made it more difficult. I haven't finished putting them in or test fit my side skirts but should be back together next week/weekend.

Started working on the head light install. I removed part of the ballast wiring from my OEM head lights and will be using them to make a plug and play harness. Just need to order some 9006 clips and some 9006 bulbs.

Pictures from before I swapped head lights. Wheels are powder coated and match now!

I've got a lot of loose ends right now lol. Started about 6 small "projects" at once and have nothing completed other than greasing the front sway bar lol. Hopefully in the next two weeks or so I'll have things back together and cleaned up

Then it'll get put back on jack stands so I can do the rear bushings lololol at least then it'll go a little lower and get a fresh alignment

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,791
Tires mounted

Rough install of Figs foot plate. In the process of pulling front seats to clean carpets and then will swap back to carpet floor mats

Picked up authentic Ray's stickers and a pair of Ray's valve stems so I would have a full matching set in black. My gold pair of CE28 had chrome valve stems while the silver had black

Was in the process of cleaning the car as well I can and got everything back together

Figs OEM side skirt mounting clips installed. My pinch welds were pretty jacked up so it was a little bit of a challenge to get everything lined up but I managed to get it lined out. Pretty happy with them. .Haven't fully mounted my side skirts, still need to do some stuff under the car so I'll be pulling them off again soon

Did some polishing of my head lights and tail lights before I installed them.

May take some pictures with my camera one day

Really need to figure out my fender situation. Have Vertex fenders that need a lot of work but I don't have time for them.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,794

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,795
Finally got around to replacing the lower control arm bushing on the rear knuckles, the traction arm, and the traction arm bushing on the rear knuckles. I was trying to have the car ready to drive for Import Alliance in Kansas City, so I decided not to attempt the diff bushings.

Part of me has wanted a new set of tail lights for a while now, mainly when I started looking at getting JDM black housing head lights. Well I was originally after the set of JDM black tail lights (not dark chrome, but actual painted black) when a set of white tail lights came available. They are also 100% OEM from Toyota so I decided I'd take a chance on them. Did not expect them to be pearl white or even the same shade of white but was pleasantly surprised. They are also in fantastic shape.

Cleaned up my interior and put in the Figs foot plate. Didn't have time to attempt to refinish my dash but that's on my list, possibly for this year if I can get to it lol

Car was ready to drive again

This was actually on my way back from Kansas City

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,796
Obviously I was able to make the trip to Kansas City for Import Alliance. I left Friday morning, drove to Joplin, drove to KC later in the day, was in KC Saturday, Drove back to Joplin Saturday night, and then drove to Jonesboro Sunday afternoon. I had decided to take some back roads in Arkansas on my way back, and while I wasn't disappointed with the roads, I severely underestimated the time it would take to get there lol. All in all, I ended up driving over 1,000 miles, and spent about 6 hours on some hilly, curvy back roads and highways.

Definitely worth it.

DSC_6591 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6595 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6599 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6615 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6621 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6624 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6627 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6631 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6642 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6646 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6647 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6653 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,797

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,798

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for sharing the picture of the digital Altezza Speedometer gauge cluster. My friend was able to source one for me, and I don't see many posts of what it actually looks like.

I agree with Tobios, colour matching tail lights make the rear end look much better on some of the IS300s.

I will read through the remaining 1799 posts throughout this year. Lol

1781 - 1800 of 1945 Posts