·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,761

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,762 (Edited)
Well I've tossed around a lot of ideas for next mods and haven't really decided anything lol.

All I've managed is to sell my 17" pair of Blitz 03 and pick up a black Z-Edition Altezza grill

DSC_5551_zpsdy293nxy by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5548_zpsr3nlncdf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5547_zpsyqn3uuhm by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I decided to go another route with Modellista, and bought a pair of Volk CE28N in 17x9 +22. Still on the hunt for another pair lol

DSC_5474_zpsjhfncjlg by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5476_zpsflzjpkff by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5478_zpslkpdaxj5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5481_zpsp5cgenty by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Managed to find them brand new. Not worried about getting another new pair, just trying to find a pair in matching color. I can get a pair in bronze but I'm trying to avoid that if I can.

I also pulled off my Vertex fenders and started fixing the one that is cracked. It's fiberglassed and smoothed out, just need to sand the entire fender, add body filler, and I'll see how decent I can paint it. If it goes well enough I plan to fix Elixir as well. And repaint my Ganadors, and paint my Vertex hood spoiler I've had for years lol.

I was making progress on the fenders, but then I gave in and decided to let my wife get a dog. She's been wanting one for years but it wasn't feasible until now. Now I've got a puppy and two cats to entertain.

DSC_5504 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

My wife decided she wanted a white husky, so here is Luna. 8 week old husky with a little bit of lab in her.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Correction, you're not a Nintendo whore...you are a wheel whore. Good job :approve:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice! Glad you found the grill and rear bumper especially in the right color :D
Can't wait until you get your Elixir on, I haven't had mine on for so long I forgot I have it... stupid winter.

How did the subframe collars make the car feel?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,765
Nice! Glad you found the grill and rear bumper especially in the right color :D
Can't wait until you get your Elixir on, I haven't had mine on for so long I forgot I have it... stupid winter.

How did the subframe collars make the car feel?
Yup, the parts hoarding closet is coming together nicely! lol I just want to see yours with the hood on!

Slightly stiffer, but much more consistent. Definitely worth investing in. Poly diff bushings will be on my list to do at some point.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,766 (Edited)
Managed to pick up another pair of wheels. Was really trying to hold out for a matching pair in silver but couldn't pass up the sizes.

DSC_5619_zpsljfmcgb8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5621_zps0qczo5lf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5626_zps3aabfgnj by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5638_zpsun5nr7m2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5641_zpsqspz0yzn by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5629_zpsxqcdd8sm by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

17x10 +35 in gold

Trying to decide if I will be powder coating this pair before putting them on or not. I know I should, and I would prefer to, but we'll see. I'd really like to see how they look on the car with tires and everything before putting any more money into them.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,772
Gonna posts some updates, won't be in order though. This is most recent (worked on yesterday (9/17/2016)

Picked up Street Faction front and rear bash bars. Also grabbed some TRD Yellows

DSC_6358 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Removed rear bumper, FINALLY going to have a crash bar again. Haven't been running one for probably 4 years. I missed out of the originals Street Faction was making but was able to get in on the latest batch.

DSC_6387 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Unfortunately basically none of the bolts lined up for me. It's held on by the two bottom nuts right now and that's it. One of the four bolts lined up. I took some pictures yesterday and emailed Street Faction but have been slowly working on drilling and filing the holes out to get it to work. Not interested in sending it back or waiting another 3 months for another one.

DSC_6388 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6353 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Front works out pretty well. The studs on the frame needed to be bent in (saw another member here do the same in their build thread). But even with JDM bumpers the ends don't seem to be bent in enough. That same member (blkedout I think) had an issue with the bar hitting USDM corner lights and ended up cutting the bar short. With Modellista and Elixir the bar hits the ends of the bumper and forces them out. Most noticeably on the driver side with Modellista.

DSC_6372 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6376 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Elixir

DSC_6371 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Just kidding

DSC_6367 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6362 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,773

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,774
Luna is huge now for anyone that cares and doesn't follow me on Instagram lol

DSC_6142 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Well we also "rescued" another dog. From what we were told, she was raised on a chain and barely fed, was rescued by another person but after about 3 weeks of them owning her they couldn't handle her. So we picked her up. She gained about 8 pounds in the first week we had her.

Both dogs are Husky/lab mix but they are completely different.

IMG_8149 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_8143 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_8375 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6272 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Oh I did do some maintenance a couple weeks ago. Amsoil trans and diff fluid, oil change, cabin filter change, cleaned and re-oiled my k&n intake filter too.

IMG_8467 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

So that pretty much is where I'm at. Bought a house a couple months ago so house stuff > car stuff for a while.

I do know I've got a bad driver door lock actuator and one of my trunk hinge brackets broke in half. Neither has been a huge deal but they will be getting replaced soon. Also want to replace serpentine/drive belt so I'll probably order that at the same time as the actuator since they are Lexus only part numbers and I haven't been able to find any cross referenced Toyota numbers.

Plan to sell my Blitz, replace some bushings in the rear and traction arms, and powder coat my gold pair of CE28 silver.

·
Registered
284 Posts
SICK!!! I cut my OEM rear crash bar to fit finally (ran without one for like a year, felt naked lol). And used JDM front one. But those look so much better! And those wheels are perfect, should just keep two tone :p Congrats on the house :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
man this thread makes me want another is300! maybe i should sell my frs.... beautiful is300, one of the nicest ones ive seen
***Edit*** went thru all 119 pages, great read! love all the phases you went thru!

1761 - 1780 of 1945 Posts