Lexus IS Forum banner

1741 - 1760 of 1945 Posts

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,741 (Edited)
Well disappeared for a while. Bought a few things, missed a few parts. Namely a Carbing front under brace I've been wanting :(

Did pick up: Ikeya Formula rear subframe collars, Work RS-R lug nuts in purple, and Moon Face low angle ball joints.

I was under the impression that my upper ball joints on my A arms up front were clunking/going bad. Bought ball joints since I had stock arms still, then got to looking around and it seems that my upper control arm just wasn't "tight" to the shock tower. It was tight, but not GOOD and tight, and there was movement in the arm. Which means my tire was just shredded :lol:

So I didn't going to Import Alliance in Kentucky this weekend. I got my tires flipped in time, but it just didn't seem worth driving 7 hours one way and risk blowing out a tire. Especially considering I don't want to buy new tires for them.

I'm really torn on what to do with the wheels. Really would like to find a pair of 17x9 +22 Blitz 03's but that's proving difficult. So then I'm trying to decide if I really want to go 17/18 or stay 18/18. We'll see...

In the meantime, here are some cell phone pictures of stuff. Have not installed the subframe collars or low angle ball joints yet. Hoping to get a few more suspension pieces and then install stuff closer to fall/winter (depending on how long my tires last).

IMG_1923_zps7fnevncf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2212_zpsuvq1y5uw by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2216_zpsr3ptnlqk by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2217_zpsomvog9hu by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2415_zpslwfbxquj by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2418_zpsjjuo7vgf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2501_zpsr8aehxbc by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2529_zps8xrjfgrd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_2538_zpskxck4dgs by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And a picture a friend snapped rolling to park at a Tennessee State of Drift even in Memphis, TN last Saturday.

IMG_2548_zpsycmtixar by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
671 Posts
This is a beautiful car, really fun to watch the transformation through the pix in this thread. I just wish there wasn't so many pages and I could scroll a couple hundred posts at once... ;)

Great job, awesome dedication and work. *Tips Hat to you*

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,744
This is a beautiful car, really fun to watch the transformation through the pix in this thread. I just wish there wasn't so many pages and I could scroll a couple hundred posts at once... ;)

Great job, awesome dedication and work. *Tips Hat to you*
Thanks ;) more to come eventually.

You can also change the page setup :) This is page 59 for me, I think I've got mine setup to 30 posts per page.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,745 (Edited)
More of the same driveway pictures. Haven't had the motivation to get out and take some pictures anywhere else :(

DSC_4990_zpsczqu2umz by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4985_zpsnwof6qci by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4975_zpsqz6zmvea by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4946_zpsoewtcvi2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4952_zpssxkjutd2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4963_zpsv8dihlyb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4969_zps8tsdl6mr by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4955_zps7lah8gve by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4991_zpssmxys1b7 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4999_zpsgvnx13kk by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5003_zps3vqcc9nu by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4995_zpsvkvav2ad by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5000_zpsdb4ownn3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Need more Brides, actually installed side skirts, lots of paint, a good vacuum cleaning/interior clean, and a 1jz trollolololol

Clearly installed the new lug nuts lol. Happy with the purchase, they match as close as I could have hoped.

Just wish my calipers and lug nuts were black lol

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,746 (Edited)
Surprise!

IMG_2794_zpsbuxecpis by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5012_zpsovajoofz by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5024_zpskavq6uui by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5022_zpstvhfds7p by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Well, I found a pair of what I wanted. 17x9 +22 High Disk Blitz Type 03. Some of the hardest 17" sizes to find, so I knew I needed to jump on them when I came across them. Was able to get a decent deal on them. Wish it was about 3 months later so I could have some other stuff purchased already but I can't control that.

I will be deciding what I want to do with my wheels over the fall/winter. I will either be selling all 6 or selling a pair. But like Elixir, I'm just glad to have them in my possession for now. Must hoard all the parts.

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,749 (Edited)
Well not really any updates...

Finally got my Moon Face Super Lap ball joints pressed in. And Installed them.

DSC_5054_zps3qqu5z80 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5270_zps0xym33au by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I was also going to install my Ikeya rear subframe spacers...

DSC_5268_zpsl1sf4nww by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

But as you can see in that picture, I have 6 out of 8 spacers required some how... Ordered new and I never took them out of the box until last weekend. Still working to sort things out and see if I can get what I need. May be SOL...

I've been having issues with my front tires lately. Basically my front alignment is bad, KILLED my front tires, one kept going low over night. Went on vacation for a week and came back and one had basically debeaded sitting in the garage. So I'm over it, pulled the wheels off, swapped my OEM arms for the old Cusco's, raised the car (and was going to install the subframe spacer but obviously couldn't do that).

So back to winter mode about a month and a half earlier than I wanted. Lots of decisions to be made over the coming winter months...

DSC_5316_zpsbtxwwv7y by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

As you can see, my front alignment was junk and destroyed my tires.

DSC_5318_zpsghlbro53 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5319_zpspyptriik by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5320_zpsooeas94e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5323_zps0ymgbodc by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5325_zps7b6rdedj by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I'm tired of stretched tires, worrying about debeading and worrying about bending a wheel. So now I have to decide if I want to stick with the Blitz or not lol

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,750
Hopefully have some updates this weekend, but for now, I've got some Modellista clear trunk lights for sale. And I've also decided to sell my pair 17x9 +22 high disk Blitz 03. I'm also selling my old Cusco arms but they are not listed yet.

http://my.is/forums/f99/fs-modellista-clear-trunk-lights-two-blitz-type-03-a-561842/

Keeping my 18" Blitz but decided to go a different direction otherwise.

Ikeya Formula did come through and I received the two missing subframe collars. Now I just have to get all my rusted/seized bolts loose :pissed:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Nice looking car, if your ever around STL let me know id love to check out your car. Also pardon my ignorance but what are the Moon face ball joints all about? just higher quality or allow better movement?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Hopefully have some updates this weekend, but for now, I've got some Modellista clear trunk lights for sale. And I've also decided to sell my pair 17x9 +22 high disk Blitz 03. I'm also selling my old Cusco arms but they are not listed yet.

http://my.is/forums/f99/fs-modellista-clear-trunk-lights-two-blitz-type-03-a-561842/

Keeping my 18" Blitz but decided to go a different direction otherwise.

Ikeya Formula did come through and I received the two missing subframe collars. Now I just have to get all my rusted/seized bolts loose :pissed:
My friend was interested in getting a set of Blitz for his car and I just told him about yours at Wekfest this weekend lol. I don't know if he contacted you yet though. Btw Happy Birthday Corey! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts

damn, i was looking forward to seeing the 17/18" blitz combo, those wheels are freakin awesome.... side note, I cant view the for sale thread link, maybe bcuz i'm new?

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,755
Nice looking car, if your ever around STL let me know id love to check out your car. Also pardon my ignorance but what are the Moon face ball joints all about? just higher quality or allow better movement?
Sure thing :approve:

The Moon Face ball joints are actually shorter, so are another method of adjusting roll center. Main reason that I got them, is they give a tiny bit of extra room so that the upper control arms won't smack the shock towers.

My friend was interested in getting a set of Blitz for his car and I just told him about yours at Wekfest this weekend lol. I don't know if he contacted you yet though. Btw Happy Birthday Corey! :)
Thanks man! Wish I could have made it to Wekfest but it just didn't work out this year :(

damn, i was looking forward to seeing the 17/18" blitz combo, those wheels are freakin awesome.... side note, I cant view the for sale thread link, maybe bcuz i'm new?
Yeah have to be here a certain amount of town and/or certain post count to see it. Here's the link to my flickr with more pictures of the wheels.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/albums/72157660099133322

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,756 (Edited)
So my wife was out of town this weekend, I decided to try to knock out the Ikeya Subframe collars again.

Managed to get out enough bolts to do them. Went pretty smooth otherwise though. Only had an issue getting one collar in, one of the top ones, but unbolted the coilover and it went in no problem. Then I messed up by not supporting the diff when I pulled one bolt, so it didn't want to thread back in. I got the jack under it and loosed the other bolts then it went in no problem.

Put anti-seize on all the bolts, torqued to factory specs of 94ftlbs.

IMG_3823_zpssit6ytou by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5398_zpsh70hyttd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5396_zpsayhnrgfj by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5397_zpsgy8utdr8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5399_zpsozklxgab by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5400_zpsm7u66pxt by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Haven't driven the car yet though. Wish it wasn't my daily so I had more time to clean up stuff underneath lol maybe one day.

Getting an alignment this week on stock wheels, then I'm going to try my hand at fiberglass work. Going to start with my cracked/damaged fender. If that goes well, I'll be doing some work on my Vertex hood spoiler to get some more experience and then I will begin the process of joining my Elixir kit. Should have a final piece Monday/Tuesday

·
Registered
5,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,757 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Corey, you are a nintendo whore :lol:

I still have my 8-bit, but it doesn't really work anymore.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
I sold my original nintendo, 2 controllers, gun and 10 games last year for $200

1741 - 1760 of 1945 Posts