Lexus IS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1927 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Hey Corey, how much were the key fobs with pre-cut shanks/blades?

·
Registered
5,294 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Thanks. I've been thinking about getting another legit backup. I'm not 100% happy with the one I have now.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This thread is a complete IS history page. The completion/finals on 111 were great. Your car is clean, this stuff is pretty inspirational.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,688 (Edited)
Wow... Haven't been on here on the computer in a while. When did they change the site layout?

I hate it...

Anyway... I saw these posted for sale on a Facebook group months ago, up until then I never knew they existed. I didn't buy them but ended up regretting it. Had been on the hunt for a while and found them a couple weeks ago!

Modellista clear trunk lights!

DSC_4643_zps8c922745 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4644_zpsd25dbb5a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4645_zpsebedc257 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4646_zps71a7160e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

They aren't perfect, but I'll deal with it later.

Have a couple things on the way now, nothing special.

Nothing else new for now. Trying to get settled into a new area, new house, and new job :lol:

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,689
This thread is a complete IS history page. The completion/finals on 111 were great. Your car is clean, this stuff is pretty inspirational.
I used my.is, worked perfectly! Such a good discount lol.
Wow, I just spent my whole day off reading your build thread. This is by far the cleanest IS I have ever seen, looks amazing. There isn't anything I dislike about your car.
nice build!
Thanks guys! Always great hearing people appreciate what I've done!

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,694
whats next on the list Corey
Not paint :lol:

Trying to put some stuff together. Lots of stuff eventually though.

• BC Coils Swift Springs
  • Figs Rear Knuckle TRAC Link Mount Poly Bushing
  • Figs TRAC Links
  • Figs Rear Knuckle Spherical Bearing
  • Figs Rear Diff Mount Poly Bushing
  • Figs Rear Diff Pinion Mount Poly Bushing
  • Carbing Front Under Brace
  • TRD/Cusco Rear Under Brace
  • Figs CNC Foot Plates
  • Do Luck Floor Bar
  • LED Tail Lights
  • LED Modellista Trunk Lights
  • Retrofitted JDM Head Lights
  • Cage
  • Fixed driver seat + Reclineable Passenger
  • 1jz vvti
  • Vented hood (Elixir or other)
  • JDM fenders to widen and vent so I have metal fenders
  • Paint

That's basically everything I want in no order at all. New coils will be the next thing I do though.

Of course there are add ons to some of those.

• Seats need rails/brackets.
  • I've purchased an extra set of OEM tail lights already (on the way) for LED.
  • I'd like new rear knuckles that I can paint and press bushings and new studs in.
  • Same for front, I'd really like to clean up the underside of the car at some point.
  • I want a new front subframe that I can have powder coated, mine is dented.
  • Same for rear, powder coat and new bushings.
  • I'll need a new transmission to go with the 1jz + everything else to support the swap.

And probably stuff I'm forgetting. Like another set or three of wheels.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,695 (Edited)
Picked up an extra set of tail lights for a later LED build. I think both were slightly damaged during shipping. Each has a small corner that a piece of the housing broke off. It's tiny so I don't THINK it would effect anything... But one has a crack along the bottom side of the lens. I don't know that it will survive being cut open.

Like everything else, I'll deal with it when the time comes. For now they will go in my closet.

Also picked up this little interior piece. I like small details. If/when I replace my front seats, they won't be heated. This will let me remove the heated seat buttons and not just waste the space with dead panels.

DSC_4647_zpse8b1c8b0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4648_zpsac324255 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4649_zpsba15dab4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,699
Dang that's quite the list you've got there! I hope you go with the elixir hood, I think it looks so damn good!
Yeah I have a ton of stuff I want to do with this car lol

I love anything Elixir.

Nice list for sure! And move to Texas?! haha :p
Haha we'll see. I wouldn't be opposed to it, just have to see where jobs take me and everything.

oooooh LED tail lights! Good luck lol
lol I'm still undecided if I'll try to tackle it myself or not. I have no experience with it. I do have experience with circuits/electronics but really it's pretty limited.

I think at some point I want to get supplies and just mess with making some boards. Maybe start smaller with stuff like my fender lights or maybe the license plate housings

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,700 (Edited)
So I'm not sure when it started, but this past week I noticed my car felt like it was driving weird. Felt unstable and steering was weird. Drove it as little as possible since it's my only car but finally had a chance to take a look at it Friday night.

Turns out my driver rear toe link came loose. Both nuts had backed off the rod so the rod was free to spin and basically pushed toe way out. So I spent Saturday doing what I could to realign it.

Do It Yourself Alignment Tips

Looked up some DIY alignment guides and decided on that one as it seemed simple enough. Took a couple adjustments but I got it as close as I could.

Didn't really want to get an alignment until I get some new coilovers.

IMG_9979_zpse6e68a64 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_9978_zps1c530c27 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_9977_zpse6e68a64 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IMG_9980_zps95473fc1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

1681 - 1700 of 1927 Posts