Lexus IS Forum banner

1661 - 1680 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
It was nice seeing you down here this weekend Corey! Your car is definitely nicer in person, you have all those rare parts but its not overdone at all. Your car is tastefully modded and it was actually the first time I've seen a full modellista kit in person. I wish we were able to get some pictures of our cars together but oh well. Glad you had a safe trip back home, and maybe I'll see you again next year :bigSmile:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,663
Thanks guys!

Saw you there. I was the one asking about the vents on your windows.
Funny enough, I had about 4 people I managed to talk to at the event, and 3 of them asked about the window vents :lol:

I'm pretty sure I remember who you were though so it's all good :approve: Nice meeting you, looks like you've got a good start on your build!

It was nice seeing you down here this weekend Corey! Your car is definitely nicer in person, you have all those rare parts but its not overdone at all. Your car is tastefully modded and it was actually the first time I've seen a full modellista kit in person. I wish we were able to get some pictures of our cars together but oh well. Glad you had a safe trip back home, and maybe I'll see you again next year :bigSmile:
I didn't even think about pictures afterwards :( but I was so tired man. Not to mention I had to get up that Monday morning at 5am and drive 10 hours for a job interview :blush:

If I make it back down there we'll have to get a group of IS together!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,664
Procrastinated some school work the other day.

DSC_4051 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4095 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4137 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4138 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4142 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4180 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4253 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4256 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4236 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4265 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4292 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4302 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4315 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4345 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4351 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Bonus picture of my friends RLine CC

DSC_3840 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,669
My friend took some rolling shots a week or so ago. Only sharing these two (there are more on his profile). I haven't had time to go through and mess with editing any of them. He edited the ones he liked though.

IS300_Rolling-11 by EvanShanks, on Flickr

IS300_Rolling-21 by EvanShanks, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,672
Very nice!! Must be nice to have friends lol.
Yeah, friends help. Too bad I'm leaving all of them :pissed:

Graduating on Saturday, then my wife and I are moving to Jonesboro, AR the first week in January for jobs. I got a job there so she's following me. It's not TOO far, only 4.5 hours away, but far enough that regular trips won't be THAT easy lol.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,674 (Edited)
As mentioned, I'm moving January 3rd to start a new chapter. Going to be an entirely new area. With moving, winter, and a new area, I've raised my car and put stock wheels back on.

stock_zps3a1144ac by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Luckily the area has pretty decent roads and we have found a house to rent with a VERY smooth driveway and 2 car garage. Now I'll just need to find a good place to do alignments. There are some nice, new looking dealerships (Toyota, Nissan, Honda) all close so I'm hoping at least one has an in-ground alignment rack with a tech that's chill and will do what I want :lol:

Will see what I ended up doing in a couple months. I've been debating a LOT of different things lately.

Anyway, here are some more rolling shots.

DSC_4552 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4545 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4543 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4584 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4589_2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4589_1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_4556_1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And here is the link to the rest of them that my friend edited. He actually was the one taking them, just used my camera.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/evanshanks/

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,675
Ah, that's gonna be tough. Hopefully you can make new connections in AR!

(I just followed your Flickr, I'm getting into this social media stuff lol)
Yeah it should be alright, will definitely be a huge change from what we are both used to lol. But it is a college town and I had some classes with a guy working there now so at least I'm not going in COMPLETELY blind :p

I saw you posted on facebook the other day. I'm not really active anywhere besides here and instagram honestly.

Flickr and this thread are usually updated at the same time. My flickr hasn't been as cool as I'd like it to be :lol:

Then I update instagram randomly. Not very often but it at least has some stuff other than just the IS

My instagram is the same as my username here, white_is

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Keep repping the IS3 scene :approve:

what fenders are those?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,678 (Edited)
Nice, I'm getting in Instagram now myself. Followed!
Followed back :approve:

Keep repping the IS3 scene :approve:

what fenders are those?
Fenders are Vertex :)

Sewell Lexus in Dallas is legit. Placed an order for 2 new keys on Tuesday. Keys were cut and delivered today (Thursday).

People don't realize that they give discounts for being forum members.

Key_zpse6fa9a5f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

One of my key shanks already broke off, luckily I found the buttons/remote. I never found the shank. My other key is cracked and falling apart. If I didn't have the push button I don't think I could start my car :lol: Could have used my master key if I HAD too, but wanted to avoid it.

Now I just need to find my wallet key thing. I know I've got it somewhere, just haven't been able to find it lol.

Also, looks like Toyota/Lexus changed the material used for the housings. Hopefully it's stronger.

1661 - 1680 of 1931 Posts