SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
sweet adapter.

car is looking fresh as usual lol

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,643 (Edited)
Went out and took some pictures a couple weeks ago..

DSC_3434 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3406 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3404 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3435 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Those were the only ones that came out okay, without editing. I have more but haven't messed with them :lol:

Sold my Cusco rear strut bar..

Because I found a Carbing bar that I REALLY wanted. Came in yesterday.

DSC_3526_zps80aae4e4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3527_zpsfb5130ff by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3528_zps329648fa by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3529_zps2d7295ae by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Picked up some longer bolts for my steering wheel this afternoon, just need to wire my horn button up. Hopefully get that done this week.

Going to install the Carbing bar today/tonight/tomorrow morning sometime lol

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,645 (Edited)
Got the Carbing bar installed earlier. Could have been cleaner on the carpet cutting but the Cusco mounted different so I had to cut twice lol

DSC_3532_zps43d0b2bb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And picked up longer bolts for my wheel and spacer so I put that in to make sure everything was good to go.

DSC_3534_zps7e8135b7 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

If I get time tonight I'm going to see if I can get the horn button wired up :)

Also need to pull my rear fenders a TINY bit.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,646
Oh man I love your wheels, rotors and calipers!!!:bigSmile:
Me too, I just wish I would have done black on my calipers lol.

I wanted a lighter gold for my wheels, and thought this would be light enough, but it actually turned out quite a few shades darker than expected. Oh well! I'm still happy with them.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Looks great Corey. When I replaced my rear strut bar, I had to make new holes. I hated how it looked, so I bought new(used) molded trunk carpeting on both sides.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,651 (Edited)
Nice, now that's a strut bar!!! Mine didn't make any difference though, so I removed it lol.

Must be annoying not to be able to take pics of the other side of the car...

Looking good! :approve:
LMAO

yeah I know that feel right now haha
I love Carbing parts. Whether it does anything or not, it's a rare piece that few can say they have. This car has almost become a collection of hard to find parts.

And really the fender doesn't bother me lol. I was just tagging along for a photoshoot with a friend and thought I'd grab some of mine while I was hanging out. It just happened that I parked that direction and the light was good :lol:

Looks great Corey. When I replaced my rear strut bar, I had to make new holes. I hated how it looked, so I bought new(used) molded trunk carpeting on both sides.
Yeah I have a feeling I'll eventually replace them :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,652 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,654
I think I saw somewhere on instagram you said that you were coming to Wekfest Texas? If that's true I would love to see your car in person :loveit:
Yup, I'll be there :approve: The IS got accepted into the show :lol:

Just don't get your hopes up, it's not as clean as it looks. Pictures are VERY deceiving :p

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,656
Sweet! I know I'll be with a couple of my friends, but I think you had to register with/as a group to get spots in the same area inside the show :(

I've never been to a show like this. They seem pretty strict with how they will do the parking and everything.

But we'll see as it gets closer to the event and they put out more info!

Installed Carbing bar Thursday night, Washed car Friday, Oil change and front tires flipped Saturday. Not a bad stretch :lol:

Changing my oil is such a pain in the ass now :pissed: I didn't even think about it, but the Carbing bar is pretty much right in the way trying to get to the oil filter. At least from the top. I don't think you can even get it out from the top with it installed. So I had to pull it to get things done.

Since the Carbing bar is all one piece welded, it's a VERY tight fit. Does not even look close to fitting when the car is on the ground, on jack stands it's still tough to get everything lined up.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I was there last year and yes that's true, they said if you want to park together with your crew, everyone has to show up all at the same time. Last year I showed by myself and got there 2 hours early so I could prep my car before the show, but they told me I could stage whenever I wanted to since I wasn't waiting for anybody. If you're showing in a group I'm sure they will want you to show up at your assigned staging time though.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,658 (Edited)
Well I just got back from Wekfest. Ended up being a much longer trip than expected...

Ended up leaving Fayetteville, AR Wednesday for Joplin, MO. Left Joplin Friday night for Fort Worth, TX to stay with my brother. Saturday afternoon left DFW for Houston, TX. Got there late, missed the premeet, and had to pull my fuel pump at 11:30pm so I would only have 1/4 tank of gas in the morning Sunday to get into the meet :pissed:

Meet was fun Sunday, met a couple cool dudes, missed talking to a lot of people. Was a super long day. But saw a lot of nice cars.

Then Monday I had to get up and drive to Jonesboro, AR for a dinner with some employees for a company that I would have a job interview with Tuesday morning. Tuesday had an interview and then drove back to Joplin, MO and FINALLY drove back to Fayetteville, AR this morning.

Ended up driving over 1,600 miles in my car with an extra spare wheel and all our junk :jawDrop: Didn't raise the car for the drive or anything though, and really it ended up being lower with all the stuff we had in it :lol:

DSC_3915 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3916 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IS2_zps8611c3ec by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

IS1_zps8f17a256 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr
Didn't get a chance to talk to Roy but it was cool to see this car in person!

DSC_3928 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Lack of activity here has been a combination of job hunting, Wekfest prep, school work, and I got married on October 4th.

If you have instagram and don't follow me, mine is the same as my username here. @white_is

1641 - 1660 of 1931 Posts