Lexus IS Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Looks awesome :) wheels are perfection, worth the wait for sure

so clean, yours is the only car I've seen with the full kit that makes me rethink not liking the sides/rear lol

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Been a while since I have been on here!
Corey, the car is lookin great man!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,625
Looks awesome :) wheels are perfection, worth the wait for sure

so clean, yours is the only car I've seen with the full kit that makes me rethink not liking the sides/rear lol

I've said it before, but the longer I have the kit the more I like it.

Been a while since I have been on here!
Corey, the car is lookin great man!
Thanks man! Good to see you around every once and a while lol.

thank you for the new desktop top backgrounds! Your car looks amazing with the new wheels!
:approve:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,626 (Edited)
So I've done a couple small things recently.

Jumped the clutch switch so I don't have to push the clutch to start the car anymore. Now I don't have to worry about broken keys :lol:

Added some LED foot lights. I had purchased some 1" LED strips a while back with the intention to use them but never got around to it. Finally had some time. Ran them under the dash/behind the radio and everything, and tapped them into the dome light wiring. They come on when the car is unlocked or open the doors. And they fade out just like the dome light after the doors are shut or the car is locked.

Thanks to this DIY:

http://my.is/forums/f221/diy-footwell-lighting-install-another-method-418982/

I haven't had time to get decent pictures so this will have to do lol
They are white though, not blue-ish

DSC_3313_zps33e19861 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3318_zps0ef35e07 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I managed to find a complete set of special edition black and gold Blitz type 03 center caps. Got them Monday.

DSC_3309_zps888e2a13 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3308_zps6ce0d4d0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

After I finalized my ride height and got an alignment I noticed some rubbing in the back. Wasn't the normal tire rubbing noise so I pulled the wheels to check it out. Turns out my inner barrels were hitting the body on the driver side, and the coilover springs on both sides.

I had some 3mm spacers laying around but I test fit them and under full compression the lip hit the quarter panel. I ended up heating the fenders, using a piece of 2x8" the keep the outer fender flat, and beat the inner fender lip flat with a hammer. Worked out perfect and gave me about 2mm of room between the lip and quarter fully compressed.

I actually just finished it so I haven't really driven yet to see if it hits at all :lol: I'll find out soon.

One_zpscbd01574 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

two_zps02902c53 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

three_zpsb9f4ae03 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
damn, coming together nicely!!!

Whats next?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,628
damn, coming together nicely!!!

Whats next?
Too many plans man, too many.

Realistically, not much will happen in the near future. I'd like some new lug nuts lol but really most of the stuff I want to do next is $$$.

Getting married in October, and graduating in December. Hoping to make some good progress next year.

My BIG wants right now: 1jz, complete my suspension, Brides, lights, and paint :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,629
Just some more unedited pictures

(old before black/gold caps)
DSC_3263 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3329 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3334 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3338 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3345 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3346 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3350 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3356 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3360 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3375 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3381 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3388 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3392 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3393 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,637
Nice pics Corey!
Such a nice car man!! good job.
looks amazing. congrats
love the pics!!!!
Thanks guys :approve:

I was JUST about to say that now I'm going to go buy those fenders.... but then that last pic is exactly the reason I can't afford to have fiberglass fenders :(
Yeah I want those fenders after all
Hey Corey, how much wider are those fenders than stock? I'm told they aren't actually noticeably wider, at least not wider than pulled stock fenders. Especially the 2 bolts on the bumper, is that wider?
The damage is misleading honestly. The only reason the passenger side fender has the chunk out is they were damaged already. It was cracked in two places. So when I finished my wheels that piece was slightly angled in, and caught on the tire reversing. Since it was already cracked it just broke right off.

The driver side has been perfectly fine.

The inner fender on mine were already shaved since they were used. But I remember reading that new they were really only 10mm wider. UNLESS you shave the inner fender. Then you gain about 5mm making them the 15mm wider as stated.

But yeah, at most they really aren't much wider (if any) than pulled stock fenders. Just look cleaner (in my opinion) since they are still smooth and OEM looking. Granted pulled OEM fenders can look great if they are smooth, cleaned up, and freshly painted.

I don't really notice a difference in the mounting locations. They really just seem wider about the wheel arch and the pull back in to stock locations. I didn't have any issues fitting it to my stock bumper or the Modellista bumper.

I love mine. I love the width they add, they still look OEM-ish, etc. I just wish they weren't fiberglass. I WILL eventually have a set of metal fenders made in the same style.

I don't think you'd have issues with them unless you plan to go a LOW aggressive setup. Big tire setup may have issues full lock on big bumps but you just need to check full compression on lock to make sure the tire won't contact the fender.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,638 (Edited)
Well if you remember, I bought a horn button for my Vertex steering wheel but it wouldn't fit because I was only running a short hub. No quick release meant not enough room between the mounting nut/bolt of the hub and the back side of the horn button.

I knew I needed a spacer but really didn't want to spend $25 for something so useless :lol:

Finally got around to it, and 3d printed one at school. I forgot to measure the diameter of the bolts so I made the holes small intentionally. Going to drill them out this weekend and pick up longer bolts (hopefully). And it'll need to be painted black or something lol.

spacer1_zps7c91ccde by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

spacer2_zpsdf125caa by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

In other news, my Cusco rear strut bar is for sale! Someone needs to buy it quick. Already bought my replacement for it :lol: Should be here in about 2 weeks.

1621 - 1640 of 1931 Posts