Lexus IS Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
that side profile shot really shows how good these wheels look on your car! Personally I don't think it needs to be any lower and I would agree with raising the rear, but its whatever you wanna do, the car looks beautiful regardless!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ive always liked your car dude. Its been through so many changes, haha.

If you have ran out of adjustment on the coilover bottom cup, then you can easily wind the spring adjustment collar down to get it lower. At the moment I run about 50mm spring droop on the rear to get down to the height I want. Havent had any problems with springs popping out, lol. Even during my spirited drives ;)

Wheels look boss!

PS: Please dont raise it

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,603
looks great man
this thing is so good.
Sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:jawDrop: Dead on fitment, just perfect :approve:
Thanks guys :approve:

:drooool:

that looks so good, man. worth the wait, IMO haha

edit: just me; instead of dropping the front, pull up the rear to match 1/2" or so... :)
I'd raise the rear instead of lowering the front....
+1.....................
that side profile shot really shows how good these wheels look on your car! Personally I don't think it needs to be any lower and I would agree with raising the rear, but its whatever you wanna do, the car looks beautiful regardless!
I don't know that it was worth the wait... I mean, I missed basically every event I was planning on attending already lol.

But I'm happy the wheels are finished and on, and glad that it looks pretty good.

And thanks guys!

I disagree though, needed to go lower :p

Ive always liked your car dude. Its been through so many changes, haha.

If you have ran out of adjustment on the coilover bottom cup, then you can easily wind the spring adjustment collar down to get it lower. At the moment I run about 50mm spring droop on the rear to get down to the height I want. Havent had any problems with springs popping out, lol. Even during my spirited drives ;)

Wheels look boss!

PS: Please dont raise it
Thanks man! Your car has jumped right up to one of my favorites :approve:

Yeah unfortunately I picked up my BC's before I knew that an Extreme Drop kit was available. It was also kinda rare to see 12k/10k rates :lol:

But I've had the rear coilovers drooped (not preloaded) for like 2+ years to get as low as it is now. I need new coilovers bad.

And don't worry, I will destroy these fenders before I raise it lol.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,604
Got an alignment today. Not too bad.
-4.9* front
-2.6* rear

DSC_3116 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3113 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3107 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3106 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3102 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3095 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3093 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3090 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Passenger fender was damaged when I got it, cracked in two places. It got caught backing out of my driveway and broke off. Going to at least glue/tape the chunk back in from the back side when I get a chance.

Also considering drilling holes in my shock tower for my upper A arms so they stop banging. Cusco arms - bigger than stock :(

Pictures were quick, a couple are over exposed, and I've given up on editing for the time being :lol:

Still need to get my freaking Vertex hood spoiler painted!

Thoughts on painting the window ducts gloss black? I'm just not a big fan of carbon fiber...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually have mixed feelings about those wheels. On one hand, I don't really like them, but on the other, they look great on that car. Looking at the whole package, I can't deny that I like what I see.

BTW, raise the car lol.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Also considering drilling holes in my shock tower for my upper A arms so they stop banging. Cusco arms - bigger than stock :(
Ah yes! The famous problem with our cars. I dunno how easy it is to find someone who can do welding in your part of the world, but shortening the hub would be a much better option.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Great car and setup on in is very cool. I want ask the next question on your exhaust type buddy spec II. What is the length of the tip and what is the diameter of the tip ?

I want to see your video on page 104 but i can read them. Have got another link to hear that sound please ?

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
in the new pics, I noticed the vents. i said to myself, is it functional? how about matte black for the vents?

your on point and good to see that you lowered the front, instead of raising the rear!!!!
gotta creep now, with it being that low. this is when you have to route your way around town, to avoid construction and bad roads ahead :p

Ah yes! The famous problem with our cars. I dunno how easy it is to find someone who can do welding in your part of the world, but shortening the hub would be a much better option.
that always looks sketchy. but if its done right, then I heard good things about it. id rather cut a hole in the fender well and weld a dome style box, that forms with the fender, so it looks OEM :cool:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,612
I know I'm in the minority, but I actually have mixed feelings about those wheels. On one hand, I don't really like them, but on the other, they look great on that car. Looking at the whole package, I can't deny that I like what I see.

BTW, raise the car lol.
Lol ;)

Yeah eventually I want shorter hubs, and MUCH stiffer coilovers. Most stuff is on hold right now though.

one of my favourite IS"s

amazing details
:approve: Thanks man!

in the new pics, I noticed the vents. i said to myself, is it functional? how about matte black for the vents?

your on point and good to see that you lowered the front, instead of raising the rear!!!!
gotta creep now, with it being that low. this is when you have to route your way around town, to avoid construction and bad roads ahead :p

that always looks sketchy. but if its done right, then I heard good things about it. id rather cut a hole in the fender well and weld a dome style box, that forms with the fender, so it looks OEM :cool:
Vents are not functional :rolleyes: They can be made functional but as is they are not. There's more pictures of them a few pages back from when I got them (first post will have a link to them) but the vent doesn't go through anywhere.

Still in the air on the black. My head lights/tail lights are satin black but I think a gloss black would blend with my dark tint better.

And yes, eventually I'd do a box or raised section to help with clearance. My friend just did it on his Civic and it looks very subtle.

Ah, the classic upper control arm problem. That's why I ended up raising my car from slammed to functional.

I never understood the point of the window vent things, but if you're going to keep them, then some kind of gloss black to help the blend in better would be nice!
:)

Interesting. Had no idea these were on the site. :approve:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,613

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah eventually I want shorter hubs, and MUCH stiffer coilovers. Most stuff is on hold right now though.
Yea man. Uprating the springs was probably the best thing I've done suspension wise in a while.

I mean, its a bit stiffer ride, so I'm not sure how much you like your comfort.
But the way I see it, if you have a low car, the last thing you want is for it to go even lower after hitting a bump and taking your sump off :D

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
lol after seeing your pictures. I realize you just got the steering wheel not too long ago too.

But yeah, definitely get a quick release.
Although you might dislike it or not get used to it at first when you use your left fingers for all the turn signal switches, since you have a deep horn like me, your left hand will have to leave the steering wheel when you're driving to touch the turn signal switches.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,619
Those shots with the sun flares came out great!!
looking great and that straight pipe.. o_0
:approve:

Tasty. Im such a sucker for white.
Me too, although after owning this for 6+ years there are times I wish it was a different color lol.

Yea man. Uprating the springs was probably the best thing I've done suspension wise in a while.

I mean, its a bit stiffer ride, so I'm not sure how much you like your comfort.
But the way I see it, if you have a low car, the last thing you want is for it to go even lower after hitting a bump and taking your sump off :D
haha exactly. One of the reasons I wanted the oil pressure gauge on my cluster to function :)

lol after seeing your pictures. I realize you just got the steering wheel not too long ago too.

But yeah, definitely get a quick release.
Although you might dislike it or not get used to it at first when you use your left fingers for all the turn signal switches, since you have a deep horn like me, your left hand will have to leave the steering wheel when you're driving to touch the turn signal switches.
I wish mine was in as good of shape as yours, but I paid so little for it... It's one of those long term projects I'll eventually see if I can have rewrapped in nice, similar leather and re-stitched in like white.

I'm still not sold on a quick release lol. I think I sit way too close to the wheel because it's already CLOSE to me. I think I can tuck my elbows in by my hips and still have my hands on the wheel lol.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,620 (Edited)
So Figs posted those bump stop spacer and I decided to give them a try.

I went ahead and added some ghetto padding to my upper control arms just incase.

I already put one on when I decided to take pictures :lol:
photo1_zps88595200 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

One thing I need to confirm with Mike though, I just looked as his pictures and it shows placing them on TOP of the existing bump stops. I am pretty sure the instructions they came with said to place them under the existing bump stops? I actually didn't look at the picture Mike posted until just now :lol:

Since I didn't notice his picture I put them under the dust boot and under the original bump stop.

photo2_zps2f4857d3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

photo3_zpsd4cd4f7d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Easy enough.

Looking at my shock towers I could see the control arms were hitting so I wanted to do something to at least quiet the noise incase the bump stops weren't enough.

Found some random rubber hose so I cut them up. It just happens my Cusco arms are full negative and have some nice unused bolt holes right where I needed them :lol:

photo4_zps78dc34c1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

photo5_zps8a34ae2f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

MUCH BETTER.

I can still "feel" when the control arms hit, but it doesn't make the annoying clunk now and it is much less often. Only on large bumps. Even on the highway.

1601 - 1620 of 1941 Posts