Lexus IS Forum banner

1581 - 1600 of 1931 Posts

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
I wouldn't recommend doing the hidden key trick, unless you have a kill switch. To easy to steal, if they get in and say to themselves, "I wonder if this button works?". Vrooom and they're gone

I like the little things, especially if its plug n play. Nice pick up :cool:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,583
Details about that plug and play harness.
Literally a patch harness with two wires spliced and an added fuse ;) If you want more I'll have to get back under and look at it :lol: I just threw it in and BAM worked with no issues.

Yeah I got mine off Ebay, so unless it's the same guy there and yahoo, who knows lol.
Nahhh he JUST does Yahoo stuff. And drifts a lot lol

I wouldn't recommend doing the hidden key trick, unless you have a kill switch. To easy to steal, if they get in and say to themselves, "I wonder if this button works?". Vrooom and they're gone

I like the little things, especially if its plug n play. Nice pick up :cool:
Exactly why I don't want to lol

After having it in for a little bit I definitely want to bypass the clutch switch. I'll be looking into that soon.

Update coming next post...

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,584 (Edited)
I FINALLY received the correct lips on Thursday. I've been busy putting them together, engagement pictures, my brother came back in town, my fiancés dads birthday, and fathers day, but they are put together and ready for tires. Just have to cross my fingers they don't leak air ...

Going to run down my Wheel Flip experience for anyone that hasn't read it... Sorry to those who have :lol:

I ordered a PAIR of chrome 18x4.5" reverse lips November 29th.

Called the next Monday to confirm stock and see if I needed to send my centers in for fitment verification. Was told NO I did not need to.

Mid-February I receive a pair of lips, my centers were out for powder coat so I couldn't test fit for a couple weeks, turns out they DID NOT fit. Had to send them back WITH one of my centers. They were received March 11th-ish.

March 28th-ish they inform me they do not have 18x4.5 lips in the correct bolt pattern to fit Blitz 03's. Said they would order custom blanks to be drilled to fit but would take 2-4 weeks or something.

I lost track of things at this point. Mid-April they said they came in and were at chrome. End of April they said they were still at chrome.

I think around the first week of May they basically said they don't know where my lips are. But would order ANOTHER pair...

End of May they said they should be done next week, June comes around they the were done but one bubbled and had to be redone, should be done Tuesday, FINALLY shipped on Friday the 6th.

Basically no one knew what was going on with them. After I sent the first pair back they waited over a month to tell me that they didn't have 18x4.5 in stock. Terrible customer service, don't answer emails, don't always answer calls.

I specifically asked the DAY AFTER I ORDERED if I needed to send a center to confirm fitment. It was packed and ready to ship that day. I was told no, it was no problem they had the right ones IN STOCK. It took almost exactly 28 WEEKS to get the right ones after multiple excuses.

I'm just glad it's done. I will NEVER use Wheel Flip again, and I will NEVER recommend anyone to use Wheel Flip for any work. During this time I've found MULTIPLE people from different areas who have all had issues with them.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,585 (Edited)
Onto some pictures...

Got the last of the hardware set out
DSC_3010_zps970693ce by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3011_zps8fbb7af8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

You don't even know how excited I was to see this...
ALL THE BOLT HOLES MATCH
two_zps402d2bfb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Sat together to make sure sizing was right
three_zps7d9d24d9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

four_zpsaf2a000a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

five_zpsd11d7cab by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ten_zpsf0cf9ffd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Bolted together
fifteen_zpsf5419c83 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

eight_zps113be30e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3022_zps181881df by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3027_zpsabce9fc0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3028_zps9e8ecc97 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3033_zpsdf66208c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

These were much more difficult to put together than wheels I've done in the past lol. It was a terrible mash up of my Koenigs and my friends Work Meisters.

My Koenigs were tough because of the face tolerances with the lips/barrels. I had to force the face in.

The Meisters faces fit right into the lips/barrels, but needed silicone.

My Blitz (at least rear pair) needed BOTH. I had to try to lay silicone down on the barrels, set the lips into place, then put the face in place AND hammer it in while making sure all of the bolts fit. Without messing up the silicone. It was a bit of a pain but it's done.

Then THANKFULLY Wheel Flip either was generous or can't count and I received two extra wheel bolts. I had ONE strip while I was torqueing them into place.

Each bolt was done to 20ftlbs but this last one gave out around 19ftlbs. Luckily I felt it give and got it backed off before the locktite could cure.

sixteen_zps0b5104aa by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Hoping to get tires mounted in the morning. Crossing my fingers they don't leak...

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Hey Corey, the wheels are coming along nicely! Glad you FINALLY got the lips in after a ridiculously long wait. 7 mo. is longer than it took for my wheels to get here by rowboat.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
looks good. what are the final specs?

I agree with Chris, those minty lip edges aren't going to last long with stretched tires LOL

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,592
glad to see you finally got everything! should look sweet
Woot woot.
glad to see your wheels are finally coming along
hell yeah, finally

Me too! Been too long.

Hey Corey, the wheels are coming along nicely! Glad you FINALLY got the lips in after a ridiculously long wait. 7 mo. is longer than it took for my wheels to get here by rowboat.
lol no kidding.

looks good. what are the final specs?

I agree with Chris, those minty lip edges aren't going to last long with stretched tires LOL
18x10 +30 225/35/18
18x10.5 +38 255/35/18

Somewhere around there.

Could use a smaller rear tire... Or coilovers that actually go low.
Need to lower the front BAD.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,593
Took some quick pictures today. Wheels SEEM to be holding air okay. Going to keep an eye on them but no issues yet.

DEFINITELY need to work on the height. Front HAS to go lower.
I'll see if I can get the rear lower but my coils are pretty much maxed there.

Waiting to figure out getting an alignment then I will lower it.

DSC_3048 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3050 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3059 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3062 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3069 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3071 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3082 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

1581 - 1600 of 1931 Posts