Lexus IS Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,563
nicely done!
Nice, now I want to get an Altezza Cluster lol
Thanks! Love the digital cluster. One of my FAVORITE mods.

https://scontent-b-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1.0-9/10262079_10152139134020292_6075737649797357869_n.jpg

muhaha.

Nice Corey.

I had to do some air bag rewiring as well for my TRD Wheel. Limited info as well. O well.
Ahhh yeaaaahhh.

I considered a TRD wheel, but for the price I just couldn't do it. I remember seeing something about wiring it though, something like it needed an adapter for the newer models. Sounds like you figured it out though :approve:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,564 (Edited)
Went ahead and ordered a new Vertex horn button.

Holding off on tires, I've got my eyes on something WAY cooler. Crossing my fingers it works out.

Nothing on my lips yet. Wheel Flip doesn't like giving updates.

Anyway, finally wired up my fender marker lights.

Link to where I got the idea: http://my.is/forums/f90/jdm-fender-signal-question-494017/

Basically extended the power wire on the side marker lights back to the fenders. Then ran a wire from ground on the light to power on one of the turn signal bulbs in the head lights.

Click for video
DSC_2969_zps0b220db6 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Had to pull off the fenders and stuff, so I redid my side skirts since they were hanging funny. Went ahead and did my spring cleaning. Clay bar and wax, pulled the interior and vacuumed everything, leather cleaner and conditioner. Fun stuff.

DSC_2985_zps7e3d4d56 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2979_zps40302ddd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2972_zps9aabb0b9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

ALSO, I assumed since Modellista Qualitat is JDM (shorter) that it would not fit with USDM crash bar. I saw somewhere here that another member said it did so I tried it out while I had the bumper off.

Modellista Qualitat front bumper DOES fit with USDM crash bar. You have to remove the foam but it does fit. So I now have a front crash bar installed (again) lol.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
looks great sir. god your car makes me envious lol... I need to fix my front end (again) & repaint it

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,566
looks great sir. god your car makes me envious lol... I need to fix my front end (again) & repaint it
lol thanks! I wish my front end looked as good in person as it does in the video though. Front bumper (side skirts and rear bumper), fenders, and mirrors are different shades of white.

Paint has some chipping, clear coat has some peeling, really the paint isn't good on any of them :lol:

So I held off on buying tires, but I picked up something else that really turns me on. Hopefully I'll have it in about 2 weeks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Love those clusters... just too bad they don't go above 180 km/h :)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,569
Love those clusters... just too bad they don't go above 180 km/h :)
Lol

wheres the window covers?
Still in my closet :( I'm 90% sure I want to paint them, but I feel like they need modified to let air flow through them rather than being a catch.

If I ever get my wheels done I may stick them on temporarily for some meets or pictures. But I won't be installing them for good for a while. Apartment living (parking outside) with them scares me. And highway driving with them scares me. I don't know what I'd do if one flew off going 70+

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,570 (Edited)
DSC_2987_zps959d459e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2989_zps3aece3b5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2990_zpsbc2d742e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Well I picked up a new Vertex horn button. But it's always something :( Because I am just running a short hub (no quick release and not the standard hub size) it doesn't fit. The button is too thick and hits the locking nut for the steering wheel.

Oh well, going to have my fiancés dad machine me a small 7/16" spacer. That should give me the clearance I need without putting the wheel too much closer to me.

Also have another JDM King Chado approved part coming in :) :) :) :)
Hoping it is here by the end of next week.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Love the blinker setup. Im going to do that on my DC2 front corner markers. I have a dual filament for the parking/blinker and a peanut bulb on the side of them for coner visibility at nite. But I want them to blink like your sidemarkers. So, once the rain stops here in Wet Weather Washington, I will be tackling this. Since it shouldnt take that long to do. But it might be a pain if I have to take my bumper off to do it. Then that will just add to my DIY: to do list #9 lol

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,572
Love the blinker setup. Im going to do that on my DC2 front corner markers. I have a dual filament for the parking/blinker and a peanut bulb on the side of them for coner visibility at nite. But I want them to blink like your sidemarkers. So, once the rain stops here in Wet Weather Washington, I will be tackling this. Since it shouldnt take that long to do. But it might be a pain if I have to take my bumper off to do it. Then that will just add to my DIY: to do list #9 lol
lol thanks, I'm glad someone else figured out the wiring like this. I was just planning on extending the side marker wiring. I didn't even think about making them blink with the turn signals.

Hopefully you can figure out what you need to do for yours!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,573 (Edited)
Bought some tires last week. Nankang NS-20 in 225/35/18 ... little more stretch than I wanted but at least they should fit and I'll be able to go lower and actually turn. I think.

blitz1_zps8d3f157d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Dirty car, but quick test fit.

Blitz2_zps87d59db1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Wheels clear my LS400 calipers with NO spacer. Nothing hits at full lock. And they don't seem to hit the spindle. Need to get it lifted with the suspension loaded to make sure, when I fit them with no tires it was close. I have 3mm spacers I can throw on if needed but I'd love to run spacer free for the first time in like 3 years :lol:

Still no rear lips from Wheel Flip.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
stance is coming together. Agreed with tobi... ;)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,576

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,577 (Edited)
Peek a boo!

DSC_2999_zps61352071 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

So I got this big ass box from Japan today...

push1_zps065b34cc by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

What could it be???

Well actually it was mainly Honda Fit parts for a friend (center console with arm rest, power folding mirrors with LED's). But I had a little something thrown in..

push3_zpsaaf515d8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2994_zpsbdc34e21 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2992_zps32010b25 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

push2_zpsa9df9fd4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2993_zps9916aa68 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

OEM 100% Plug and Play Push Start. Was a factory accessory for Altezza's, discontinued in like 2007 I think, but I managed to find one complete with harness.

Pretty pointless as you have to turn key, flip toggle, press clutch, push button. But I'm a sucker for rare stuff and small details.

Anyway, ignore the dirty interior! Installed tonight quick and easy, tested to work 100% fired up first try. No more broken key plastics for me :lol: (still working on a spacer for my steering wheel so I can install the horn button :pissed:)

DSC_2997_zps4d714166 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3000_zpsf2d8f66e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_3003_zpscb0c7387 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Also, lips have "shipped" from Wheel Flip. I haven't received a tracking number but I was supposed to have gotten one today :suspiciou we'll see.

·
Mr. Roo
9,449 Posts
I just hate to see such nice lips on the wheels so exposed to getting destroyed lol

But I wonder if your huge box came from the same Japan seller my LED folding mirrors came from yesterday lol

That engine start is really cool, even if it is pointless lol. Seems like just something fun to have, I wouldn't mind it just for the heck of it. Can you start the car regularly with the key, or do you have to use the button every time now?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,579
I just hate to see such nice lips on the wheels so exposed to getting destroyed lol

But I wonder if your huge box came from the same Japan seller my LED folding mirrors came from yesterday lol

That engine start is really cool, even if it is pointless lol. Seems like just something fun to have, I wouldn't mind it just for the heck of it. Can you start the car regularly with the key, or do you have to use the button every time now?
Well honestly I don't know how long the wheels will be on the car. Half way through summer and I still don't have the rears finished because of Wheel Flip.

I've really been thinking that I'm not going to have the wheels on when I go back to school for my last semester. My car sits outside at my apartment and the roads are so shitty...

We'll see what I decide once I FINALLY get them on. I got a tracking number for the rear lips, they should be here Thursday. Just have to cross my fingers they are the right size and fit :pissed:

I doubt it was the same seller, did you get them off ebay? I use an individual to purchase things off Yahoo Japan Auctions.

Yeah the push start is just something I wanted to have to be different really. I'm a sucker for rare stuff, and LOVE OEM plug and play parts lol. The key still works as usual, you just have the option of using either.

I eventually want to wire the toggle switch to work in place of the clutch switch. So I can flip the toggle and push the button to start without using the clutch. It's the same thing as the clutch switch guys do to avoid crank walk. I think.

One of my friends is a car audio/alarm/remote start installer and he wants me to get rid of the key motion. So it would be like newer Nissan's (and others I'm sure), my key would just be there to lock/unlock the car. Another key would be under the dash so all I need to do is flip the toggle and push start.

I don't really like the idea at all :lol:

1561 - 1580 of 1931 Posts