Lexus IS Forum banner

1541 - 1560 of 1927 Posts

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,542
You didn't bolt the skirt on? Pics look a bit fisheye. Can't wait for your rims lol
Kind of. Previous owner of my fenders did some work on the mounting spots lol. So they are actually zip-tied in the front. They tend to slip and are difficult to get tight anyway.

But the main issue was -8*F, snow, sleet, ice. I don't think any tape holds up well in those conditions lol. I've been waiting to redo them until I have time to wire my side markers. I have to pull the fenders off to do it so I'd rather not redo my side skirts just to have to do it again when I do the fenders. I'll have more motivation when my wheels are done.

Pics were with a 10-24 wide angle. They didn't come out great. I wasn't planning on taking pictures of my car so I didn't really care.

Anyone know what resistor(s) are need for the SRS air bag light when replacing the steering wheel? I haven't found much info. Going to see if I can figure out anything from the wiring diagrams but I figured I'd ask.

Still need front tires and horn button :( people need to buy my old exhaust and the Juran strut bar. Selling them cheap.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Anyone know what resistor(s) are need for the SRS air bag light when replacing the steering wheel? I haven't found much info. Going to see if I can figure out anything from the wiring diagrams but I figured I'd ask.

Still need front tires and horn button :( people need to buy my old exhaust and the Juran strut bar. Selling them cheap.
evasivemotorsports.com has resistors made by worksbell. I got a worksbell hub that came with the resistor. Check it out, there not expensive...

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,546
evasivemotorsports.com has resistors made by worksbell. I got a worksbell hub that came with the resistor. Check it out, there not expensive...
$20 just for some resistors is pretty expensive lol. Did you only need one or did it come with multiple? I've been looking around and for RSX they have 3 they use.

Damn what a build thread.
Slow, pointless, and gay at this point!

birdie club sounds?!
I know I know. Might try to get some later today

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
I haven't installed it on my DC2, but it only came with 1

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,548 (Edited)
Welp, did some cleaning this weekend so I decided to try to get a video of my exhaust.

The car sat after washing. I had no idea water came out :lol:
Second one obviously wasn't focused lol.

DSC_2900_zps239050ec by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2905_zps2d469fb8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2922_zps0c2b5f14 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2920_zpsc81b5628 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2916_zps6293b574 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2914_zpsea7e75ce by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2904_zps827ae825 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2903_zps67ed3956 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2902_zps5897278b by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2901_zps768cea9f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
647 Posts
the exhaust sounds great! (how high were you revving by the way?), but that tip is embarrassingly small, almost looks non existent, are you planning on getting a new tip, or just leaving it as is?

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,555
the exhaust sounds great! (how high were you revving by the way?), but that tip is embarrassingly small, almost looks non existent, are you planning on getting a new tip, or just leaving it as is?
Hmmm... Not too high. One video was a cold start so maybe only 5krpm, the other was hot so almost to redline.

Tip size doesn't bother me. It's a little dented (not perfectly round) which does bother me but I'll fix it eventually. Other than that I'm fine size wise. I do want it to poke out a little more so thanks to TobiaSing I may have a cheap solution :lol: gonna look into getting some flanges to space it maybe 1".

Looks and sounds good man!!
Thanks! I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on it.

Looks good. I missed what exhaust it is?
its the buddy club exhaust. Its posted on the last page, i think
Yes, Buddy Club Spec 2. I've only seen one other (ultrakirill) I think on an IS in the states. Would have been cheaper to have had a axle back straight pipe made but that's fine with me. I'll have an exhaust made eventually.

Sounds good man!!
Thanks, and I FINALLY PM'd you back.

I was looking for something online and came across this DIY on clubrsx forum. Thought this might help you on your question
DIY: Aftermarket Steering Wheel SRS Indicator Light Bypass Using Works Bell Resistors - Club RSX Message Board
I had seen that actually. I'm going to call Evasive sometime this week to talk to them about what the Works Bell U-turns really consist of. And as far as I know they have a reference for what cars/models and what they need. So at least I can figure out an idea.

I was hoping to install the wheel a while back but ran out of time and never figured this out. So it's still on hold. I need a horn button anyway so whatever.

Still no lips from Wheel Flip. Called a week ago and they told me they should be done and back in on Friday. Thursday night they posted on facebook that they moved locations and had a new number (which doesn't work) so I haven't been able to get ahold of them on the phone for a week. FINALLY got someone to email me back who said they should have an update today. Still waiting to hear.

All I do is wait with them. Friday will be 23 weeks since the day I ordered. 6 F-ing months for a plain ass set of chrome lips. :screwy:

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
wow, that's not coo!

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
Let me understand this correctly about your SRS delete that you want to do. So, your looking for a resistor to make the car think you have an SRS steering wheel. And you plugged them in like your supposed to and your still getting the SRS light? Or, you haven't gotten that far, cus your stumped on what resistor to get?
My SRS plug inside the steering wheel only had 1 female plug with 2 prongs inside. Wasn't complicated, but the instructions show it with multi style plugs. Gotta see what your plug looks like, cus I never taken my IS300 airbag out. Have you?

FYI:
This thread is the best for SRS light delete DIY Guide: How to Reset your SRS Light. (Visual Guide) - Club RSX Message Board
All the other threads I found were worthless or just dumb BS answers. I followed a lot of threads and never worked, until I came across the thread linked above. Worked on my 1st try.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,558
wow, that's not coo!
But wait, there's more! It gets better.

Apparently Alex (the owner of Wheel Flip) has been out of the town/country. So Last week I was talking to Jeff. He checked everywhere and basically said he has no idea where my lips are. They don't have 4.5" lips for Blitz 03 at the shop, they don't have 4.5" lips for Blitz 03 at the chrome plater/polisher, and they don't have 4.5" lips at the machine shop that does custom drill/bore on their lips.

SO he basically said he ordered a pair of 18x4.5" reverse lip blanks that need to be bored and drilled for Blitz 03. It would take 2 weeks for them to be finished and be sent to chrome.

I'm trying to get ahold of Alex as soon as possible. Emailed him multiple times this weekend with no response, will email again tomorrow and if he doesn't respond by late afternoon I will be calling. I want answers tomorrow or my money back.

It's going to cost me more to have them done someplace else but I don't know that I can trust them. They told me back in March they were ordering blanks to be custom bored/drilled for my centers. If they didn't do it then why are they going to now?

I will NOT recommend ANYONE to use Wheel Flip. Their custom service is absolutely horrible, no one knows what is going on in the shop, and I've heard from multiple people now of lost orders. If they aren't going under now I wouldn't be surprised if they do soon. Screw them.

Let me understand this correctly about your SRS delete that you want to do. So, your looking for a resistor to make the car think you have an SRS steering wheel. And you plugged them in like your supposed to and your still getting the SRS light? Or, you haven't gotten that far, cus your stumped on what resistor to get?
My SRS plug inside the steering wheel only had 1 female plug with 2 prongs inside. Wasn't complicated, but the instructions show it with multi style plugs. Gotta see what your plug looks like, cus I never taken my IS300 airbag out. Have you?

FYI:
This thread is the best for SRS light delete DIY Guide: How to Reset your SRS Light. (Visual Guide) - Club RSX Message Board
All the other threads I found were worthless or just dumb BS answers. I followed a lot of threads and never worked, until I came across the thread linked above. Worked on my 1st try.
The problem was I didn't want to pull everything apart twice :lol: Or put the wheel on not knowing what resistor I needed to get rid of the light, so I would have to go have the light cleared and try different resistors until I figured it out.

But I got it taken care of :) more information in the next post.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,559 (Edited)
Ok so for my steering wheel I'm obviously loosing the air bag which would cause the SRS light to come on. This basically makes all other air bags in the car inactive because it looks like there is a fault in the system. Resistors can be used to put a load on the circuit making it think the air bags are still plug in so all of the other air bags work like normal.

I found ZERO information on this through my research. Finally talked to BlackSportD and he wasn't sure, but thought it would be the same as the seats. So that was the only real guess I had and it ended up working.

The steering wheel SRS light can be fixed with a 3.3ohm resistor just like the seats. I used three 10ohm 1/2watt resistors in parallel to make my own U-Turn harness instead of the $20 Works Bell one lol. I would have preferred the Works hub but needed to save some money :(

Anyway, I didn't even grab pictures of the hub or anything lol. But I have some shitty pictures from my install. I forgot to grab my camera :lol:

Air bag off. The two screws on the side PISSED me off. They don't fit through the holes! I had to pull the plastic sides out so they fell down in between so I could get the air bag out :lol:
photo6_zpsb56767bd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Wheel off.
photo7_zps63435ca8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Air bag plug
photo8_zps66926af5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Layout for the three 10ohm resistors
photo4_zps42816ac8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Finished DIY poorman U-turn
photo5_zps555462b5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Plugged in. It was a little bulky but there is room underneath the column to hide it. The wire I used was thick enough that it was very snug in the plug. I then zip tied it to some other plugs underneath.
photo3_zps5cb10df4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Done. Vertex wheel on. No SRS light!
photo1_zps97b78a9e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

photo2_zps375756bd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I was planning on ordering a Vertex horn button and a pair of tires this week but things are on hold until I figure out the lip situation. Already checking with a couple other places to get me lips.

I will be doing some cleaning in the next week so I'll get some better pictures soon.

1541 - 1560 of 1927 Posts