·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,481 (Edited)
We got a little snow...

Snow1_zps096cd77c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Snow2_zps257809a4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Snow3_zps8c6891c1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

It continued to snow for about 4 hours or so after I took those too :lol: Good thing I don't need to go anywhere today...

I'm actually kind of worried about when I will be able to get the car out. The low tonight is 1*F and the temps aren't supposed to get above freezing until at least Tuesday.

I guess it's a good thing I'm really close to the bus stop :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,483 (Edited)
Finally got the bushings out of the stock LCA's I bought from Rey. Dropped them off to be powder coated earlier today.

DSC_2037_zps22be7bd4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Got new wheel parts! Upgraded to m7 hardware (nuts and chrome bolts) and bought some new valve stems.

DSC_2039_zps54ba4a1b by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2040_zpscc883568 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Hoping my lips ship this week... I was told chrome would take 10-12 business days and today is 12 days...

Finally sold my TRD kit....

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,486 (Edited)
Things are still slow... We got a good bit of snow AGAIN so I haven't been able to pick up my LCA's from powder yet. Hoping to get them tomorrow and get the bushings pressed in.

My lips were supposed to be shipped today... I doubt it. No tracking number yet so who knows. Tomorrow is my "get shit done" day so I'll be calling Wheel Flip about them and checking about shipping my barrels to get work done. Hoping to ship them out before the end of the week since I'll be going back to school.

My new wheel hardware is slightly bigger so I think I need to modify my 18x10 bolt holes a little. Since they are staying welded I'm not worried about it, the holes are already oversized for the bolts. They just aren't centered so there isn't much room for error when putting them back together. The tolerance on the faces is VERY tight so I'd like a little more wiggle room when putting them back together.

Christmas was rather uneventful other than getting a new camera. I probably should have gotten cash for car parts but oh well. I'll never need another camera :lol: So I do have a couple BS pictures

None of these have any editing sooooooo

DSC_2108_zpscffa96d5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2170_zps865876e0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2185_zpsae35e1cd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2196_zpsf83fe96f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2215_zps8ac63ad9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickrg]

I just thought this was cool because it was hand held, through my tinted window, in 35* weather :lol: I didn't even have gloves on!
DSC_2216_zpsc9347b72 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2217_zps501d0322 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2318_zps61608337 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2319_zps29bd9ed9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2320_zpsfb0dacda by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2321_zps13e1941a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I also picked up a Juran front strut tower bar. Looked cool on eBay and from what I've gathered it's pretty rare so why not. PISSED THOUGH. I've been wanting Carbing bars for years and didn't see the ones for sale until the other night. The OP said they were sold but I'm hoping it falls through so I can by them :( I'd sell this and my Cusco in a heart beat to get them :(

And I brought my two front wheels inside to check some things out. Gonna put a drill to them tomorrow and then all four will get boxed up.

Hopefully I can get my LCA's finished tomorrow!

Oh, I grabbed a new steering rack boot for when I do my tie rods and stuff. One got burnt getting my #1 arms off since the camber bolt was seized so I figured I'd replace it while it's off.

AND finally ordered Uras JZX110 tie rods. Should be here next week?

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Damn, you're still going hard, Corey. Props for keeping the IS game classy. You keep showing them how it is done proper, Corey. You show them good!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,488 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,489
Damn, you're still going hard, Corey. Props for keeping the IS game classy. You keep showing them how it is done proper, Corey. You show them good!
Haha, I try I try. Hope things are good with you :approve:

Carbing strut bars are sold :( Whatever. I made an impulse buy on something else instead. Oops.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Those #2's look GOOD!! :p

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,495
Thanks guys! It's all starting to come together I'm excited!

Mike I'll try to get some better lit pictures this weekend if you want them for your site! I won't be installing them for at least another week :approve:

Gonna update because I'm super excited.

Lips were delivered from Wheel Flip finally!
Uras tie rods left Chicago customs today.
2 Barrels have been delivered to VR wheels for chrome.
2 barrels have been split/cut

Hoping to get the two cut barrels cleaned up and dropped off for powder coat Saturday if I have time.

Finally decided on a color for my faces and location to have them coated. Going to try to get them shipped Friday if I can.

Then it will come down to how long all the work takes. VR website says 2-4 weeks. Powder for my faces should be 2-3 weeks. Barrels will take like a week since it'll be local.

Import Alliance is at Texas Motor Speedway February 23 and I'd really like to have everything back together for it. I think I'm going to be cutting it close...

Pictures to come Friday at the earliest since I'm at school.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,497 (Edited)
Pics pics pics!

Uras super tie rods for JZX110. Gotta get some new jam nuts for the tie rods ends before I can install.

Been wanting a Vertex wheel and found this one. The "Vertex" is clearly worn pretty bad, but otherwise it's in great shape. Gonna see what I can do about it. I may run it anyway. I love how it feels. It's a rare model from what I've seen since it has no stars.

More pictures of the caster arms with bushings and steering rack bushings. I just like getting them out and looking at them.

And FINALLY got my 18x4.5" chrome lips from Wheel Flip. Look GREAT.

Shipped my faces off for powder coat today. Should be back in 2-3 weeks.

No pics of the cut inner barrels yet. Haven't had a chance to clean up the welds yet. May have some Monday or something.

DSC_2483_zpse503e344 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2484_zpse8a25ce6 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2485_zpsa5b79b2c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2486_zpsfee55e36 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2487_zps9ab1e1f8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2488_zpsd57cddfb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2489_zps1589b299 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2490_zps3a20b827 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2492_zpsf5933dc9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2493_zpsfa2d805d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2494_zps7eb597d5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2495_zpsb74e86bf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2496_zpsf37d0241 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2498_zps47ad6c82 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2503_zpsc3c270b4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2507_zpsdfbf6b19 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2508_zpsec0895a9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2509_zps43221d4e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_2510_zpsbd3bcfd7 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,499
Never found the Elixir kit... I eventually got a good chunk back from Greyhound. It was much more than I expected to get so I gladly took it.

I spent a good bit of time saving and trying to find a place to order me a BN Sports kit, then the day I went to place the order a Modellista Qualitat popped up. I knew it wouldn't last long at the price so I took a chance and bought it.

I think it worked out for the better. It's much more subdued than I originally planned, but OEM poly is hard to beat. Especially with it being driving EVERY day, parking out side for months on end, shitty roads and parking garage lol. I lucked out and found the kit, fenders, and Ganadors all in a shade of white so I haven't had to paint anything.

It's not perfect, but whatever lol.

Anyway, still never heard anything else from Greyhound after I got my checks. They said if it ever popped up they would contact me... My guess is it got trashed. Someone stole it and had no clue what it was, it got damaged so an employee threw it out, or it's still in a bus who knows where hahaha.

I've shipped greyhound twice now since with no issues. Funny how that works :approve:

1481 - 1500 of 1941 Posts