Registered
1,383 Posts
Sounds sick...didint realize or forgot you had ls400 too

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,442 (Edited)
Sounds sick...didint realize or forgot you had ls400 too
Yup! I'm happy with them, had them for a couple years? Something like that :lol:

My only regret is color choice. Should have just done black.

DSC_1423_zpse607e437 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Old picture, but one of the few good ones.

Updated my for sale thread. I need that stuff gone... Send me offers!!!
http://my.is/forums/7186465-post1409.html
(price at the bottom)
Email is coreywattelet40 at hotmail.com for non-members.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,445 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,446 (Edited)
And I picked up a Cusco rear strut tower bar for cheap. Threw it in there quick before I went to Kansas City for the Chiefs game, which was a blast!

photo_zps821ea540 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Managed to find a black cloth arm rest, so that's on the way.

Think I'm going to order #2 LCA bushings tonight. Maybe steering rack bushings? We'll see.

It's looking like my wheel refinish won't be done by the end of this year :(

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
16,944 Posts
ok now take the cusco out and put

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,451 (Edited)
Didn't really take a picture of my door panels I picked up.. Decided to grab a picture while I was pulling the window switches out. I don't need them (the window switches), so they are for sale.

door1_zpsebbb26dd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Changed my oil and rotated my tires over the weekend. Decided to throw
my chrome JDM head lights on to see how they looked... They need buffed/wetsanded/polished pretty bad but still wanted to get an idea.

It will be a while before I do anything with them, but I think I've decided black is the way to go... So I'm leaning towards some kind of retrofit, satin black housings and chrome rings. Basically what I have now but retrofitted and real JDM housings.

Black
head7_zpsd2327444 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head8_zpse944ba88 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head10_zps0fc4c792 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Chrome
head9_zpsa63e016c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head11_zps913d4d3c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head13_zps851ad750 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head12_zpsed879099 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head5_zps850d7c86 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head4_zps571459a6 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head3_zps7cba65c7 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head2_zpsfbb13b37 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

head1_zps9afc500f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I like the black better also however, what about instead of painting the JDM's black, paint match them white? Think that could look really good with as clean & subtle as your car is, and something I don't think that has been done before, especially with a retrofit like you're talking about undertaking. The black looks great but with the larger openings of the modellista front having black grilles I almost want to go back to chrome because the GGP/black I currently have makes the front end look almost too dark compared to the rest of the car's exterior IMO

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,456
Chrome looks lame IMO, but you can always paint them half black!

I've never seen door panels like that, the speaker area is different.
Yeah, Altezza door panels have different speaker covers.

the first set/black housing looks best to me!
paint them black my friend
If I keep the JDM lights, I've pretty much decided they will be painted exactly how mine look now. Satin black, chrome rings, orange reflector.

I like the black better also however, what about instead of painting the JDM's black, paint match them white? Think that could look really good with as clean & subtle as your car is, and something I don't think that has been done before, especially with a retrofit like you're talking about undertaking. The black looks great but with the larger openings of the modellista front having black grilles I almost want to go back to chrome because the GGP/black I currently have makes the front end look almost too dark compared to the rest of the car's exterior IMO
White is iffy to me. My friend has white head lights on his Fit, and if the lenses are SPOTLESS it looks weird. And the paint has faded/hazed so even when the lenses are clean it looks like they have a slight yellow tint.

I get what you are saying about all the black up front, but I think it matches the rest of the car really. My windows are super dark, tail lights are black with black emblem, and the black vents on the rear bumper. Eventually the quarter window ducts will be painted gloss black and installed.

Contemplated getting a TRD carbon fiber license plate garnish and painting it black as well but have been worried it would be too much.

Anything I end up doing will come later though. Just day dreaming right now, I'm broke :pissed::(

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,457 (Edited)
Managed to find a black cloth arm rest cushion. I wasn't sure if I would be able to find one, or if Toyota/Lexus even made them. Got lucky, grabbed it cheap.

I now have everything I need for a complete black cloth interior besides front seats. Later I'll pick up a fixed back driver and reclineable passenger seat. Then I can put a cage in and everything will match.

Rest_zpsd0bcba0a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Rey is THE man. He has helped me on more than one occasion and I can't thank him enough! Now to get these bushings out, powder coat, and press Figs bushings in.

Arms_zps9fe5fabb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Figs has also been a big help for me. Thought I'd support him some more so I grabbed a couple shirts, Poly steering rack bushings, and Poly #2 LCA bushings.

Bushings_zps497606dd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

So I know I've seen this before, but hadn't really thought about it until now. I kinda really want an OEM push button start. Everything I have seen says that it is NOT TRD, but actually just an OEM option. I know Chado has it but that's the only one I've seen. I've let a couple people know I'm looking for one so if anyone has any leads let me know.

And yes, I am aware there is one on eBay. It's missing a harness and the backing was broken in half and glued back together. No thanks, the original setup is plug and play.

Push_zpsdb283c9b by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Still haven't sold my kit, which means no progress on my wheels :pissed: I did pick up a pair of used tires for $20 that should last a couple months. Still need tie rods but I'll get them eventually.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
No problem Corey. Are you going to paint them a weird color like camouflage or hot pink?

1441 - 1460 of 1931 Posts