Lexus IS Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,421
paint it asap!!!!
But refinish wheels > repaint car lol

I can only do so much. And I'd rather have fresh wheels than fresh paint at this point in time.

still in school, man I completely feel your struggle haha. My car is always parked outside too, plus i'm so broke that I couldn't afford to have anything painted :( (my front bumper needs a respray so bad). But honestly man, your car is still GORGEOUS, easily one of the nicest IS's on this site!
Thank you!

lol I really just got EXTREMELY lucky to find all of these parts in a color that is close to my car and in pretty good shape. None of this stuff would be on if it was a different color as I wouldn't want to pay to have them painted at this time :lol:

How do the ganadors function? Can you see out of them properly? A friend of mine said that the ganadors are made for RHD so they have a problem adjusting to LHD. What do you think about that?
They adjust fine, but there isn't enough room for them to adjust to be perfect for LHD. Mine are maxed out and the glass actually touches the mirror housing. And on the passenger side it pokes out almost to where you could stick a (small) finger inside the housing.

I'm shorter (5'6") but I can see OK out of them. The glass is smaller so you feel like you can see less to begin with.

With them adjusted now, I can see both rear door handles on the inside of each mirror so I do have some visibility of lanes around me.

I think I have gotten so used to NOT using them (I drove with them a couple months completely unadjusted - so I could see nothing) that it's hard for me to say how well I can see out of them. I still find myself not checking them.

I'll try to get a picture from my perspective later tonight. And a picture of how the glass looks in the housings. Just to give you an idea.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,424 (Edited)

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,426
Sorry for the noob question.... but what exactly is the point of those mirrors? I see people buying them, but obviously they sacrifice the performance of the mirror (are those even heated/autodimming?) And they are not cheap!! I guess it's a good thing I prefer the look of the stock mirrors?? Or did I miss something.
It's a personal preference thing. I like them more than stock and they aren't super common on this platform. More popular in Japan, which is the style I'm going for anyway.

They still function as a mirror. I can see out of them :lol:

The heated/autodimming are accessories in my opinion. I never noticed auto dimming anyway.

The blue tint on the glass is supposed to have a similar effect as auto dimming.

Heated mirrors are nice during the winter months, but that is why I did the install as I did. I can switch back to stock mirrors at any time. Winters haven't been near as bad in this area in recent years, and usually if it's bad enough to have ice on my mirrors I wouldn't be driving the car anyway :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,429
Oh, stock wheels are going on this weekend :( I've got some inner tire wear issues up front and need to flip them, but I SHOULD be refinishing my wheels soon so I'd rather not flip the tires and then have to pull them two weeks later. So I bought a pair of tires for my stock wheels and will be throwing them on in the mean time.

Need to find some #2 Lower control arms for the front Sell me them if you have them
Order Figs #2 LCA poly bushings
Order some inner tie rods (URAS? JIC? OEM?)
Probably solid steering rack bushings too

May be able to order all this stuff next week. We'll see.

As soon as the Neo kit sells I'll be able to start the refinish on my wheels!

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
so wheres the CF ganadors??

ganadors looks a lot better. i know its more for looks than function.

but who uses side mirrors anyways? lol

looking great!!!

damn all of a sudden Neo is all over the place now. btw i have Neo V2 if anyone is looking.

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
welcome to the ganador family. i also have these mirrors. ive found a broadview mirror helps alot with the ganadors. i tilt the broadview mirror center but more towards the passenger side so i compensate for the ganadors. i also install a back up camera which helps with parking

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,434
Still lookin good man
Thank you sir!

so wheres the CF ganadors??

ganadors looks a lot better. i know its more for looks than function.

but who uses side mirrors anyways? lol

looking great!!!

damn all of a sudden Neo is all over the place now. btw i have Neo V2 if anyone is looking.
CF Ganadors went to AJ (ill roller) in Chicago.

I just need someone to buy my Neo kit. Hell someone could buy your V2 and my sides/rear and have a complete kit. BoOm!

welcome to the ganador family. i also have these mirrors. ive found a broadview mirror helps alot with the ganadors. i tilt the broadview mirror center but more towards the passenger side so i compensate for the ganadors. i also install a back up camera which helps with parking
Have any new plans for your car? Haven't seen any pictures in a while :(

Second set now though lol ;)

I still manage to see okay out of them though so I'm fine with things the way they are :approve: I can see it being an issue in a bigger city with lots of traffic, but I don't deal with that where I am.

When I drove my car to Texas this summer it was terrible with the Ganadors. I couldn't see anything in traffic lol. I also hadn't adjusted them at all though so they really were pointed at the car.

Blitz have been disassembled as far as I can take them. All hardware removed, faces out, and valve stems out. Gonna be talking with wheel flip but I need this Neo kit gone! Too much money tied up in it!

Pictures will come sometime this week. Stock wheels FTL :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,435 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
18x10 front??? Going for an insane square setup or how big are the rears going to be?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,440
You sir never stop to amaze me!
Thank you! :bigSmile:

18x10 front??? Going for an insane square setup or how big are the rears going to be?
Specs will end up being...

Front:
18x10 +29 High disk to clear LS400 calipers. 225/40/18. Hopefully around -3* of camber with Vertex fenders but we'll see. I have -4* right now and I'd like a little less...

Rear:
18x10.5 +38 Low disk. 255/35/18. Basically will stay exactly where it's at now. A little more stretch, and about 3-5mm more aggressive.

Unfortunately, once I finish up this next "stage" of things my car probably won't see any changes/mods for at least a year. I'm going to have a lot going on in the next year/year and a half.

Unless I come across a Carbing roll cage, Carbing front or rear strut bars, or HKS Kansai rear strut bar :lol: Or some stock rear hubs/knuckles for cheap.

Of course any maintenance items that come up will be addressed. But that SHOULD only be o2 sensors, brakes, air filters, stuff like that nothing too major.

1421 - 1440 of 1941 Posts