Lexus IS Forum banner

1401 - 1420 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
I just did the same with my oil pressure gauge on my 01 IS300 thanks to your guidance. I do have one question, why cut the wire at the ECU? I did read that Curran said it would trip the oil light but who cares because our digital cluster (at least mine) doesn't have a oil light.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,402
I just did the same with my oil pressure gauge on my 01 IS300 thanks to your guidance. I do have one question, why cut the wire at the ECU? I did read that Curran said it would trip the oil light but who cares because our digital cluster (at least mine) doesn't have a oil light.

I just kinda went with what he said lol. I thought the digital gauge did have one but I haven't really paid that much attention.

I'm assuming you mean why not just splice into it and then run a wire to the cluster? Should work just the same, no real reason to do it one way versus the other lol

·
Registered
595 Posts
No, I agree with running a direct feed from the oil pressure sender to the cluster. I was just curious as to why cut the cable at the ECU. I'm glad that there wasn't any real reason now that you tell me besides it possibly tripping the oil light. That's makes me feel better because if not I would have to figure out what cable to cut on my 01...lol

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,405
No, I agree with running a direct feed from the oil pressure sender to the cluster. I was just curious as to why cut the cable at the ECU. I'm glad that there wasn't any real reason now that you tell me besides it possibly tripping the oil light. That's makes me feel better because if not I would have to figure out what cable to cut on my 01...lol

:approve:

If you do end up needing help just let me know :lol:

damn nice
Not quite as nice as yours!
Good luck with the sale BTW, sad to see it go :( hopefully it goes into good hands.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,406 (Edited)
Sold my Ganadors :( Going to a good home though, AJ (ill roller) bought them.

I couldn't pass up the opportunity, I found a set painted white on YAJ. Luckily they also had blue glass so I bought them :lol: Shipped yesterday so they'll be here next week. Can't wait!

Going to pick up some stuff in Texas tomorrow! Woot.

DSC_1423_zpse607e437 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1435_zps14016d00 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Dat front plate doe. :lol: I lost the bolt/nut holding one side on.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,409 (Edited)
After Greyhound lost my Elixir kit I found a guy bringing over a shipping container from Japan. Told him what I wanted and he found me some stuff.

Then I saw the Modellista kit for sale so I bought it instead :lol:

But all of it came in about 2 weeks ago, and I finally got time to drive down to Texas to pick it all up :bigSmile: :bigSmile: :bigSmile:

DSC_1439_zps225ecae6 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1440_zpsc5ee0a95 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1441_zpsdd630a68 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1442_zpse07b06bf by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Picked up the following:

TRD Neo V1 front bumper complete with fog lights
Altezza Mesh grille
OEM Side skirts
JDM rear bumper with Neo rear lip
Chrome JDM head lights
Cloth rear seats and head rests
Door panels with cloth inserts
(Forgot to get a cloth armrest :pissed:)

And a Navan S14 front bumper for my friend :lol:

Full Neo kit will be for sale.
Most likely keeping the head lights.
Keeping the cloth interior for now.

Why the cloth interior? I think cloth Bride/Recaro/etc with leather everything else seems out of place. I could get leather Brides/Status/Recaro but racing seats in leather... I don't know how I feel about it :lol:

I'd rather have full cloth interior for meets, shows, eventually some autoX and other track days. And full cloth interior is rare in IS300's so why not?

We'll see what I do with it in the long run lol.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,412 (Edited)
My new Ganadors showed up Tuesday :approve:

image_zps0b24b177 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

image_zpsb5d7999f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

My parents are coming down to a football game this weekend so I'll be installing them sometime soon. Probably Monday since they will be in town and my fiancé as well.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,416
Those mirrors are awesome!
I love them. I was happy with my carbon fiber set but I really just am not a fan of the carbon fiber look. Yet I felt like painting the "carbon" was something to frown upon lol.

It worked out for the best though. The carbon fiber set went to a good home and now I have painted Ganadors :) :) :)

Realistically everything still needs painted to match lol. But everything is white so it'll do for now.

Wheel refinish, inner tie rods, #2 LCA bushings, and maybe paint my Vertex hood spoiler are next.

I really want the Cusco cage in the for sale forums though :pissed:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,417 (Edited)
Threw the mirrors on Sunday morning. Then rain came.
Car is filthy, front bumper has freckles from bugs. Yay.

The yellow/gold tint to the bumper is more noticeable in these pictures. Modellista kit looks like they are DWP not CW.

And the mirrors are something like Super White. They match the white of my car good, but have no pearl. My Vertex fenders are also the same color with no pearl.

Yes, nothing will match but at least everything will be white. I'm still in school, living in an apartment with no covered parking. I'd rather not have a large portion (front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts, fenders, mirrors, hood spoiler) of the car repainted while the car sits outside for weeks on end.

car_zps97d16dcc by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

car2_zpsdde60a33 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
647 Posts
still in school, man I completely feel your struggle haha. My car is always parked outside too, plus i'm so broke that I couldn't afford to have anything painted :( (my front bumper needs a respray so bad). But honestly man, your car is still GORGEOUS, easily one of the nicest IS's on this site!

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
How do the ganadors function? Can you see out of them properly? A friend of mine said that the ganadors are made for RHD so they have a problem adjusting to LHD. What do you think about that?

1401 - 1420 of 1931 Posts