Lexus IS Forum banner

1381 - 1400 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,382 (Edited)
And some pictures of the process in getting power to the Ganadors.
(Sorry for iphone pictures)

Flipped the lock on the Ganador plug, removed it completely.
Plugs1_zps115ef6a4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

De-pinned all three wires.
Plugs2_zps9cfce188 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Wrapped each in heat shrink so they can't ground out on eachother.
Plugs3_zps6dda3995 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Find the door plug with the three pins together (pins 6,7,8 from the wiring diagram).
Plugs4_zps2add98bd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Fit the Ganador wires on and done.
Plugs5_zpsb8ccecd3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

As I said, right/left are opposites. But up/down work fine. You have to watch how far you adjust because they will get stuck.

I took a video and you can sort of hear the mirror getting stuck towards the end. You can hear me clicking the switch but the mirror not moving :lol:

Video_zps967091b3 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Also, I have both sides going from left to right as Blue, Black, Brown. I tried switching them to see if it would fix the left/right issue but it did not. It made the up/down move left/right and left/right move up/down.

I haven't really driven the car since I finished, but I do think I gained some visibility from adjusting them. I'm short (5'6") so I don't know if it will help more/less for taller people but the passenger side is definitely improved.

This isn't the ideal solution, but for me, keeping my stock mirror harness and door harness untouched was key. No one would sell me the plugs from their mirrors cheap (understandably) and ebay prices are $70+ for ONE BROKEN mirror. No thanks. I'll still look around to see if I can snag some plugs someplace but for now this will do.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Nice work Corey! Jelly of the Vertex pick up! I personally like the all white look on the ganadors.....looks nice and clean and gives that "pop" look. As for the wheels, chrome faces ftw.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,386 (Edited)
Dam man lookin mean
loving it! flows really nice!
Thanks guys!

Nice work Corey! Jelly of the Vertex pick up! I personally like the all white look on the ganadors.....looks nice and clean and gives that "pop" look. As for the wheels, chrome faces ftw.
:p I agree on the all white for the mirrors. Definitely what I've been leaning towards.

Still up in the air on the wheels though. 03 look fantastic in chrome, but you rarely see gold. I loved my gold MS1, and it would be a little different from what 03's are usually done in...

Blitz 03 custom step [Blitz 03 18x9+12, 10+22] - $2,280.00 : VR Wheels WebStore, Presented By VR Motoring

And my cluster is now fully operational! Oil pressure gauge hooked up and working, rpm's are corrected, and it is now reading mph. Got everything wired last night and then the speedo calibrated today :bigSmile:

cluster1_zps1dfbfbb2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Going to see about getting the fogs sorted out before the weekend. Feels good to finish projects for once :lol:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I see that in your 2 pictures very distinctly different oil pressure from idle to what appears to be under load. So your oil pressure works like a conviental gauge I take it? Did you wire yours up how We discussed before?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,389
sick!!!!!! looking good bro
Thanks Tom!

I see that in your 2 pictures very distinctly different oil pressure from idle to what appears to be under load. So your oil pressure works like a conviental gauge I take it? Did you wire yours up how We discussed before?
Yes, at idle it sits about half way between L and the middle mark. Cruising is usually between the middle and H. It does fluctuate some depending on throttle input, AC on, things like that but it seems slow to respond. I'll try to get a video of it sometime.

Oh and are cold start up and usually creeps up 3/4 up (between middle and H) but works its way down as it warms up.

And yes, I cut the wire at the ecu and ran a new one to the cluster :approve:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Looks fantastic...quickly becoming my favorite IS on here lol

I'd say a subtle gold would look awsome on your car for the wheels(with polished lips & bolts) or maybe a white paint matched face?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,392 (Edited)
Also I finally wired my fog lights to work. Wasn't EXACTLY the way I wanted to do it, but it works just the same.

(sorry lots of iphone pictures lately :( )
Foglights_zps11bb2cad by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Foglights2_zpsf9b2400c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

What I WANTED to do, was find two OEM plugs that matched the plugs coming off the stock fog lights. My Cibie fogs (for Modellista) came with a bunch of the harness so I was just going to cut the plugs off so that they would plug into the bulbs and stock harness just like the stock fogs.

BUT I couldn't find two of the male plugs. Ended up finding two female plugs though that are the same as the plugs on the body harness stock.

SO I swapped the male/female plugs on the stock body harness and stock fog lights, and put the female plugs that matched the stock plugs onto the Cibie harness.

My stock body harness now has the OEM male plugs, while both sets of fog lights have the stock female plugs. Meaning I can swap between stock bumper and Modellista bumpers without having to do anything to the fog lights besides unplug them.

And yes, it sounds confusing, so here's a couple pictures :lol:

Fogpicture_zps68936d2d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Fogpicture2_zpsdeb5e6b0 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Fogpicture3_zps438a84eb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Hopefully that makes some sense lol.

I would have spent more time looking for a matching male plug but I wanted to get it done before I had to go back to school. This past week was my last week so I just went with what I could get.

At some point I'll get an HID kit :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,393
oh yesss!!! So clean! Front bumper is super dope!
Thank you sir! Your build looks like it's coming along nicely! Can't wait to see more.

Looks fantastic...quickly becoming my favorite IS on here lol

I'd say a subtle gold would look awsome on your car for the wheels(with polished lips & bolts) or maybe a white paint matched face?

I really think the gold from my old SSR's would look great. We'll see though!

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Lol. The fogs you sent me were for a Jag X Type. I stumbled upon em while looking up the bulbs.

I doubled checked on my cousins X Type and they indeed the same fogs.

I used the 9006 plugs you gave me and ran 2 female spade connectors to em. Put them into that stupid rare plug that they gave us for the H1 Bulbs (Jag only connector)

Wrapped it all in electrical tape and bam. All done.

Not sure if u had the same issue.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,398
Lol. The fogs you sent me were for a Jag X Type. I stumbled upon em while looking up the bulbs.

I doubled checked on my cousins X Type and they indeed the same fogs.

I used the 9006 plugs you gave me and ran 2 female spade connectors to em. Put them into that stupid rare plug that they gave us for the H1 Bulbs (Jag only connector)

Wrapped it all in electrical tape and bam. All done.

Not sure if u had the same issue.
Interesting to know!

I cut and soldered everything. Stock fogs look like factory but with the opposite plug, same with the body harness, looks factory but opposite plug.

My Cibie fogs came with the plug for the bulb and plug for body harness all together, plus the plug from the body harness and some wire. I cut the body harness plug off and soldered the one for the IS stock harness onto it.

install 3k hids mang
That was my plan!

pain in the ass to do on these fogs. Gotta go full custom with all the drilling and the silicone !
This sucks to hear. Gonna look into before I buy anything :(

Even though lots of prob. Looks siik. Love the cluster
Honestly the cluster didn't have any problems. Everything functioned, it was just wrong :lol: Besides oil pressure of course.

It was just laziness and a lack of free time that prevented me from having it done sooner.

The cluster was still definitely worth having even without it working correctly :lol: Possibly cooler. It was fun watching rpm's fly past 9,000 :bigSmile:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Looks amazing man, congrats on the progress

Can you fill us in on how you got the oil pressure to work on the cluster????

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,400
http://my.is/forums/6594019-post251.html

I followed that post. My friend and I looked through the wiring diagram to see if there was another wire to splice into to clean things up but didn't see anything.

So opened the ECU in the engine bay, cut the wire, extended it through the firewall and got lucky and found a terminal that fit into the stock plug on the cluster lol.

The sensor/part number he has listed and like he said, plugs right in.

1381 - 1400 of 1941 Posts