Lexus IS Forum banner

1361 - 1380 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
haha....I say don't worry about the Vertex fenders. I hope the kit is growing on you because your car looks sick man. Nice job on pictures.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Looks great as usual!
Fogs look right at home.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Cibie uses H1 bulb.

If u r gonna do an HID kit with H1 u have to modify the outer rubber boot. Its a PITA since u hav to make sure those HID bulb is secure.

I did mod mines and used 9005 HID kit. I cut the outer plastic of the bulb to fit the cibie socket and it was more secure and stable.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,368
haha....I say don't worry about the Vertex fenders. I hope the kit is growing on you because your car looks sick man. Nice job on pictures.
Definitely growing on me :approve:
VS-TX look so good btw.

Looks great as usual!
Fogs look right at home.
Fog lights really help :)

Yeah! You got the fogs!!! Front looks perfect now! +foglightrep :lol:

I do wish the front wheels were deeper to match the backs a little better, but whatever!

When you aren't sure what to do, the best thing to do is nothing! It looks good as is, enjoy it! The next stage of mods will come to you when the time is right. :)
I'd still like a Qualitat badge!

I hadn't really noticed the front. It's odd looking now that you mention it lol, but it's the difference in the face design. My front faces are HI disk to clear BBK whereas the rears are LO disk. Front lip is 3" and rear is 4", the front face just covers more of it to make room for brakes.

Still planning on moving the rear wheels to the front though. I would just swap the faces. So the front wheels would have the rear lips but the face would sit a little different :) still an inch bigger than it is now though.

Cibie uses H1 bulb.

If u r gonna do an HID kit with H1 u have to modify the outer rubber boot. Its a PITA since u hav to make sure those HID bulb is secure.

I did mod mines and used 9005 HID kit. I cut the outer plastic of the bulb to fit the cibie socket and it was more secure and stable.
Hmm... I'll see if I can find some more info on this.

damn Corey....kit looks complete with the fogs... looks good
Thanks guys :)

Wow. Its been a while and this car has really transformed! I love the bumper!
Good to see you still around :lol:
Hopefully my car will stay somewhat close to this form for a while now.

Oh, and the decision may have made its self. Sometimes things just fall in your lap... We'll see in about two weeks :lol:

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Car looks fantastic, Corey!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,376 (Edited)
So I was browsing YAJ a couple weeks ago just seeing if there was anything cool out there... Of course I'd stumble upon something I needed :lol:

Checked around on some other prices and decided to pull the trigger.

one_zps93627a25 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

two_zps90228138 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

three_zps29bfa211 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

four_zps3fb67364 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

five_zps87a67920 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

six_zpsff3543d9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

**car is filthy filthy filthy, iphone pictures, and the fender/sideskirt/hood weren't closed/bolted up**

Vertex 15mm wider fenders, they are already painted white, but it is a "super white" I think. Has no pearl in it. But they are in good condition. One side has a small crack but their condition is MUCH better than my fenders LOL.

I wasn't planning on buying them but since they were white I saved a BUNCH of money. My car is FILTHY in the pictures so I don't know for sure how bad they look but we'll see.

The problem is my tires are too tall so I can't run them right now :( It never ends. OHhh well.

If anyone is in the Dallas/Fort Worth/Tyler, Texas and wants a full TRD Neo V1 kit let me know. I'll be picking it up in about 3 weeks I believe. I purchased the kit before I found the Modellista for sale, it's been on a container in Japan since. I'd love to meet up with someone and sell it rather than dealing with shipping.

V1 front bumper complete with fog lights, brackets, mesh grille, side skirts, jdm rear bumper, and rear lip!

The cams are from the spare motor I bought last summer. I'm tearing it down and trying to decide if I should keep a few things to built it, or sell it all to have some extra $$$.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,379
stop lol. you keep stumbling upon all these good finds! car's looking mighty fine though!
Yours too! :hug:

man this car is so nice! all it needs is a solid BN Sports kit!
All it needs is refinished wheels :lol:

I really did want BN. In a way I'm sort of glad I didn't get it. There's absolutely no way I would have been able to daily the car anymore at college. I drag side skirts exiting the parking garage on campus as it is. It just would have been too low for me to actually enjoy it :(

Couple updates...

A while back I got some "custom" clear Xpel film for my fog lights. Install on them was fairly straight forward with no issues.

Wired my Ganadors so they now have POWA... Not sure why everyone thinks it's so complicated :confused: It's three wires, exactly like stock mirrors. At least for 2002+. I wanted to keep all my factory harness/mirrors intact so I was really looking for OEM plugs to fit onto the Ganador wiring. Started a project and thought of an idea. BOOM. It work.

I de-pinned the Ganador plug (3 wires), put heat shrink on the female pins, stuck them on the male pins of the door plug, and it works :lol: They are snug because of how close they are all together. Right/left are opposites but up/down works. You just have to be careful with how much you adjust them as they hit the housing and run out of adjustment so kind of get stuck lol.

Also plasti-dipped one of the Ganadors white to see how I wanted to paint them. Did one all white and took some pictures. Peeled it all off the base and took some pictures. Then peeled it all off lol. I'll update with pictures in the next post.

With the help of Chris (RL-GT) I've got the oil pressure gauge working correctly and rpm's reading correctly on my digital speedo. The box for MPH is wired and functioning but needs calibrated/adjusted to read right. So I'll be working on that tomorrow. Oh and I pulled the ABS bulb, I got tired of looking at it lol.

Hoping to have the cluster all finished before I leave to go back to school this coming weekend.

Going to try to get some plugs to make a jumper harness for my fog lights too. Having my friend look at Toyota for me tomorrow.

Starting to look into pricing for refinishing my wheels. Would love to have them finished by October. Gotta see how fast I can move some parts I'm going to be picking up in about 2 weeks.

Trying to decide between Chrome faces or Gold faces.. Lips will ONLY be chrome, no questions asked :lol:

Lots of pictures of stuff in the next post!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,380 (Edited)
First off, pictures of the Ganadors!
All white
White with carbon fiber base (would be painted gloss black)
All carbon fiber (would be painted gloss black)

And none of these have been edited in any way.

DSC_1389_zps8c57e711 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1390_zps83ae413e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1392_zps59c10aa5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1396_zps71d59b3d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1397_zps2bc473f5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1399_zpsa80c080a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1407_zpsace28cae by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1408_zps71b8ba6e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1410_zps6a3d4838 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickrg]

1361 - 1380 of 1941 Posts