Lexus IS Forum banner

1321 - 1340 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
painting the mesh drastically changes the look! I like it! Reminds me that I should probably do a spray paint refresh on my lower grill (stock bumper) because I think its fading a bit

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
good updates. mesh on my front came black....maybe done by the previous owner I guess and yes the way the mesh is installed is a PITA...I was hoping to swap in my perofated mesh & it looks like it'd be a plastic welding/epoxy nightmare LOL

·
Registered
172 Posts
you know what, I'd trade you my Neo V2 for the modellista front bar if you were in AUS ahaha, looks great man.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,325 (Edited)
dam i want that kit soooo bad
You and Jason (jizzy) are gonna have to fight for it if I decide to go with a different kit :lol:

looks good Corey
Sickkkkk!!! Looks awesome bro.
Sooooooo much better than I expected!!
Thanks guys :approve:

painting the mesh drastically changes the look! I like it! Reminds me that I should probably do a spray paint refresh on my lower grill (stock bumper) because I think its fading a bit
Definitely made a HUGE difference. The front was just as bad too lol.

I do need to do the same thing on my stock bumper lol.

Interesting, never seen those vents before. I wonder what they were designed for? Shame they don't do anything. Nice job!!
They could be made functional, at least to an extent, if you took the glass out. You could vent fumes/smoke from the interior out of the mesh portion with the correct ducting inside the car.

And there are a lot of people, especially the newer IS owners who have never seen the vents before. The Altezza Drift Club cars had them back in 2005ish but I've never really seen them on any cars other than those. That was a big part of why I wanted them :lol:

good updates. mesh on my front came black....maybe done by the previous owner I guess and yes the way the mesh is installed is a PITA...I was hoping to swap in my perofated mesh & it looks like it'd be a plastic welding/epoxy nightmare LOL
I believe the previous owner used a scotch bright pad or something on the mesh. You could see where it was still black along the edges were they couldn't reach.

I'm gonna keep bugging you :p Can you please measure/get some detail pics of the fog lights on your bumper? I got some (and need to post some pictures) but I need brackets. I'm assuming there is two brackets, one that attaches to the fog light housing, and then a bracket that mounts to the bumper.

I have what really looks like the original bracket for the bumper, but nothing else. Trying to get a bracket made before the end of next week.

I'd just like to see yours for reference.

And how does the Qualitat badge mount? I am on the hunt for it as well :(

you know what, I'd trade you my Neo V2 for the modellista front bar if you were in AUS ahaha, looks great man.
lol I'd honestly probably pass even if we were close. I really do like the V2 bumper, but I'm trying to put something together that won't easily be duplicated. There are replica V2's out now :(

New pictures coming in a couple days.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
I believe the previous owner used a scotch bright pad or something on the mesh. You could see where it was still black along the edges were they couldn't reach.

I'm gonna keep bugging you :p Can you please measure/get some detail pics of the fog lights on your bumper? I got some (and need to post some pictures) but I need brackets. I'm assuming there is two brackets, one that attaches to the fog light housing, and then a bracket that mounts to the bumper.

I have what really looks like the original bracket for the bumper, but nothing else. Trying to get a bracket made before the end of next week.

I'd just like to see yours for reference.

And how does the Qualitat badge mount? I am on the hunt for it as well :(
oh ok. I've seen about half silver & half black at least for fronts, wasn't sure if both were offered or just owner's painting them.

No bother at all man, I plan on working on it possibly this weekend or next, I'll take pics for you then :)

I wish I knew....Even though it was installed on the upper grill in the pics of the ebay auction I guess the previous owner removed it as a keep sake because it was gone before I got it in the mail :pissed: I had planned to put an "L" emblem on in the center anyways just sucks I wasn't even given the option especially at around 1100 shipped :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,327
oh ok. I've seen about half silver & half black at least for fronts, wasn't sure if both were offered or just owner's painting them.

No bother at all man, I plan on working on it possibly this weekend or next, I'll take pics for you then :)

I wish I knew....Even though it was installed on the upper grill in the pics of the ebay auction I guess the previous owner removed it as a keep sake because it was gone before I got it in the mail :pissed: I had planned to put an "L" emblem on in the center anyways just sucks I wasn't even given the option especially at around 1100 shipped :rolleyes:
Buzz I didn't know yours didn't come with the emblem/badge either :( I'm trying to check with Modellista in Japan to see if they can help me out. If I get any info I'll PM you.

I've finally come to the conclusions the fogs I bought are not the correct fogs :pissed: Literally, they are exactly the same but an inch smaller diameter. They are EXACTLY what Rahim posted a couple pages back (which are the ones I bought), but the seller didn't list a size so I had no idea.

I couldn't find good pictures of them until last night/today. Found some on YAJ from a Modellista bumper that filled the bracket, which I have, completely.

Still working on new pictures. Trying to find some editing software lol.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Awesome pics Corey!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Damn...that last shot! wow.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
looking at your car more and more I'm starting to like the sides & rear(still not my style though)....looks good with the other fairly subtle mods

latest pics look awsome.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,340 (Edited)
Awesome pics Corey!
dope pics Corey. Love the last one!
Damn...that last shot! wow.
awesome, so clean
very nice!
Thanks guys!!!! I'm pretty happy with how the pictures came out, I haven't shot anything in forever...

Nice, I like the kit, looks clean enough! Definitely a unique setup you've got!

PS whatever you did to the wheel in this pic, don't do it again :lol:
:approve:

Unfortunately that wheel (and the rest) were a little beat up when I got them. BUT they are perfect for what I wanted.

HI disk faces on the front clear LS400 with no spacers.
Rears (18x10) are perfect offset to put HI disk face in and move to the front.
Front (18x9) have a 6" inner barrel, perfect to add a 5" lip and make 18x11 for the rear.

They will be completely refinished like my Koenigs when that time arrives. Could be this winter depending on where I'm at with other things :)

I'm trying to see if I still have a couple old pictures. I actually did bend one of my wheels.

looking at your car more and more I'm starting to like the sides & rear(still not my style though)....looks good with the other fairly subtle mods

latest pics look awsome.
I think it grows on you the more you see it! It definitely has for me. There's a few more exterior things I'd like to finish up but the outcome should be pretty sweet.

Just spent a good half hour looking through this thread haha, love everything you've done with the car. Looks sooo good. Keep it up.
:approve: it's been through a lot and will continue to go through even more stages.

1321 - 1340 of 1941 Posts