Lexus IS Forum banner

1301 - 1320 of 1931 Posts

·
Yay! Old stuff!
532 Posts
I don't think there is a good way to blend them and I will NOT modify the Modellista kit.

With enough time/money/work it could be done. I just don't know if I want to mess with it at this point.
Well... two options:

1. You buy the brand new authentic Wald side skirts I have and you love your life even more so than you already do

2. You sell your wald flares to me and then I do the whole loving my life thing like no.1 only reversed roles ;)

CLEAN CAR!

Migs

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
AND I won the Yahoo Japan auction for more rice car parts. Spent WAY to much on them, but it'll be the ONLY set in the states. And actually yes it is pretty ricey.
haha...yes! I just did this too bro! You know what it is....and I also think it's ricey but I love it. lol Can't wait to see your new addition.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,306
Well... two options:

1. You buy the brand new authentic Wald side skirts I have and you love your life even more so than you already do

2. You sell your wald flares to me and then I do the whole loving my life thing like no.1 only reversed roles ;)

CLEAN CAR!

Migs
Lol thanks. I might be PM'ing you about this lol.

OOooh I can't wait to see what this is!
I'm all giddy with excitement :lol:

haha...yes! I just did this too bro! You know what it is....and I also think it's ricey but I love it. lol Can't wait to see your new addition.
Lol ricer mods are making a come back! :p

sweet man, can't wait to see it.

I get so confused on Yahoo Japan as I can't read it all and the translation isn't always good. I also don't find anything good :(
Have you tried using Google Chrome? It works well enough for me to navigate everything.

For me it gets confusing because it likes to narrow search results if you aren't careful. Like if you select "Toyota" it will only show OEM Toyota parts. So you have to try to select "exterior" or whatever and then use the search to look for "sxe10" "altezza" "gxe10" or whatever you are looking for.

You also have to have someone who can bid/ship the items :rolleyes:

This was my plan with the Elixir kit :( Minus graphics/stickers.

Going to try to bring a "similar" style with Modellista. No big wing though.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Sick!!!! ^ Glad you are going to sell your flares....wise decision.

I search Altezza Gita in Japanese and get a shit ton of goodies in Yahoo Japan. I sometimes catch myself spending half my day on there at work...whoops!

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
What did you get dood!?

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Lol thanks. I might be PM'ing you about this lol.

I'm all giddy with excitement :lol:

Lol ricer mods are making a come back! :p

Have you tried using Google Chrome? It works well enough for me to navigate everything.

For me it gets confusing because it likes to narrow search results if you aren't careful. Like if you select "Toyota" it will only show OEM Toyota parts. So you have to try to select "exterior" or whatever and then use the search to look for "sxe10" "altezza" "gxe10" or whatever you are looking for.

You also have to have someone who can bid/ship the items :rolleyes:

This was my plan with the Elixir kit :( Minus graphics/stickers.

Going to try to bring a "similar" style with Modellista. No big wing though.
It might be the Elixer name that helps ease the eyes to that kit, but I honestly think it looks like it belongs in Fast and Furious movies. There's more aero ducts and fins than an air craft and the styling doesn't flow at all. The only thing worth money on that car is the hood.

I'm glad your car is running Modellista! It's only x100 times cleaner.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,313
Sick!!!! ^ Glad you are going to sell your flares....wise decision.

I search Altezza Gita in Japanese and get a shit ton of goodies in Yahoo Japan. I sometimes catch myself spending half my day on there at work...whoops!
I spend way too much time looking through YAJ lol. I'm just glad I haven't started looking at wheels yet :lol:

gonna look sick!
:approve:

What did you get dood!?
I spy with my little eye :)
:p

It might be the Elixer name that helps ease the eyes to that kit, but I honestly think it looks like it belongs in Fast and Furious movies. There's more aero ducts and fins than an air craft and the styling doesn't flow at all. The only thing worth money on that car is the hood.

I'm glad your car is running Modellista! It's only x100 times cleaner.
I do agree, but I sort of like the look. It's different than what has been done in the states at least. But that's alright, Modellista is here to stay for a while :)

Looks sick, once you mold them in to a nice finish. It will b perfect.
I wouldn't EVER mold flares lol. If you mean blend them in with the side skirts/bumpers, then yes it would look nice. But I don't think I have the time/patience/money for that :lol:

Updates coming!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,314 (Edited)
So all of the mesh stuff on the Modellista bumpers was silver. I didn't think it looked right so I wanted them black. Unfortunately I found that removing just the mesh is a tougher task than I thought. All the tabs are plastic and look like they were melted down to hold the mesh in place.

So I would have had to cut them off and figured out a way to reattach them all... No thanks. I did the cheap mask and spray paint instead. Did the same with the front a week or so ago with no pictures.

DSC_0995_zpsd8b91a53 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0997_zpse454ee08 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1003_zps1aac1efe by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1005_zps053be0e9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,315 (Edited)
Got my ricer parts in from Japan.

DSC_1008_zpsdbe424c7 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1009_zps0ce29958 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1010_zps49f719bb by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1012_zps745fe7e5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1013_zps946eec0e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_1014_zps552955e4 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Rect Japan quarter window ducts.

Always thought these were more functional, but I guess not. I'll get some more pictures later but the "vent" isn't really a vent lol. The only vent is the mesh area.

Not a big deal to me though. And they can be functional if I take the quarter window out :lol:

I just wanted them because they are super rare.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Sickkkkk!!! Looks awesome bro.

1301 - 1320 of 1931 Posts