Lexus IS Forum banner

1281 - 1300 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
Very nice. I'm sure you paid a good amount for the kit. Looks well worth it though.
Thanks! Definitely wasn't cheap lol.
Wow that's the cleanest trunk I've ever seen lol!

But I love the kit simply because it's different, you don't see that every day. I'm not completely sold on it either, but it will probably grow on you.

For the front, I see you've got some of those multi-lens projector fogs, but I would try and find a round reflector fog to fit that circle, so that they are a little more obvious. That would help me like the front better.
Haha yeah I usually try to keep the whole car that clean but it's been hard with school lately :(

I'm hoping the front grows on me and strongly believe it will once it is lower/smaller tires. Gonna work on that hopefully.

Wow great pics, I never really liked that front bumper until I saw it on your car and in white!

Also the fog lights are uber sexyyyyy leave them!
I loved the whole kit on any car I've seen it on, except white ones :lol:

I'm 50/50 on the fogs. I think they're cool, but also kinda ricy lol. I'd like to get some round fogs to fit. I'm thinking the Neo fogs will fit but I'm looking into it.

I really want to see the fogs illuminated, but I don't want to cut into my harness until I'm sure I'm keeping it lol.

modellista kit looks real good, Corey. not sure how i feel about in white though.... front looks weird for some reason...but i still like the kit.

Should have a Carbing front strut bar at the beginning of next week :)
But my Carbing cooling plate doesn't fit with the Modellista bumper :suspiciou

Oh, another thing I think will help with the front is blacking out all of the grille. All of it is silver mesh. Gonna pull it all off when I get some time and spray bomb it black to see if it's better. If it is I'll have it all powder coated along with the Cusco trunk bar.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,283
Those fogs came with the bumper?
Yeah they came with the bumper I bought. They aren't the originals/factory for the bumper however.

I believe the Neo/L-Tuned/TRD/whatever round fog lights are the same that are used with the Modellista so I'll see if I can get some of them :approve:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I think it looks great Corey!
Fogs are different, but in a good way imo.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
looks awsome. I'm the opposite of most people I love the front but not a huge fan of the sides/rear. BTW you have my FAVORITE 5 lug wheels, Car looks sick

I'll get you the fog measurements but it's gonna be awhile as I put the bumper back up in storage after I test fit/checked it with the replica chargespeed sides which I was pleasantly suprised how well they seemed to flow.

if it helps they're h1 bulb types and say "cibie" on the lenses

EDIT:
were you ever able to wire up the ganador mirrors? that was the primary reason I went with the ebay aero mirrors...it seems nobody has ever successfully wired up either to a USDM car so I figured why spend 500+ if I can spend 40 for a similar result lol

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,290
I saw you also posted in that other guy's thread, he's got the fog lights just like I was thinking!
I think it looks great Corey!
Fogs are different, but in a good way imo.
very nice. modellista uses cibie fogs with H1 bulb
this one. u need to take out the metal bracket. its on ebay for 40 bucks

http://i42.tinypic.com/69nzg5.jpg

modellista and gialla uses this fogs that is made in belgium lol
looks awsome. I'm the opposite of most people I love the front but not a huge fan of the sides/rear. BTW you have my FAVORITE 5 lug wheels, Car looks sick

I'll get you the fog measurements but it's gonna be awhile as I put the bumper back up in storage after I test fit/checked it with the replica chargespeed sides which I was pleasantly suprised how well they seemed to flow.

if it helps they're h1 bulb types and say "cibie" on the lenses

EDIT:
were you ever able to wire up the ganador mirrors? that was the primary reason I went with the ebay aero mirrors...it seems nobody has ever successfully wired up either to a USDM car so I figured why spend 500+ if I can spend 40 for a similar result lol
Trunk and kit look good

Thanks for all the help and comments guys. I've actually located a set of fogs from a Modellista bumper on Yahoo Japan Auctions so I'm going to try to grab them. If I miss out I'll be figuring something else out :approve:

I need people to buy my parts though!

May be selling my Altezza 3 bar grille. Satin silver with black emblems.
And possibly the Wald flares... Not sure yet.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,292 (Edited)
Decided to work on the rest of my "spring" cleaning. Pulled the front seats out to vacuum EVERYTHING, leather clean, leather condition, and vacuum again.

DSC_0951_zps0a2670a9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0954_zpsb55a3901 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0957_zps74934b00 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0959_zps09cf5743 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0960_zps33c0332c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0961_zps24c1be9c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0963_zps12b4486c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0965_zpsc6507e5a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0966_zps0ef5f7d5 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0967_zps83e87c18 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Also bought this beautiful piece... Carbing aluminum front strut bar... Buuuut......

DSC_0973_zpscdbd324a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Apparently it's not for an Altezza/IS300. Must have gotten mixed up somewhere along the lines, but it's too long, strut mount holes are too far apart/in the wrong spots, and the shapes are all wrong :(

I only noticed when I went to install it :(
Currently looking to confirm that it is for a GS, I'm about 85% sure it is. Sucks I have to sell it now. Quality is awesome for sure.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,293 (Edited)
Been trying to decide what to do with my Wald flares also. I sprayed one side white to give me a better idea.

OBVIOUSLY, the wheels would be widened to fit better. And I would not leave the flares cut as they are. extensions would be made for the front and rear bumpers and I would figure out a way to smooth the fender/side skirt transition.

modellista3_zpsa377ba25 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

modellista1_zpsf420f6d8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Modellista2_zps4b6da4c9 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,294
And I forgot to actually respond to these posts, felt it was necessary.

this one. u need to take out the metal bracket. its on ebay for 40 bucks

http://i42.tinypic.com/69nzg5.jpg

modellista and gialla uses this fogs that is made in belgium lol
Long story short, I'm buying the fog lights you sent. THANK YOU for posting this, I was bidding on a set on YAJ and realized the ones you posted are the exact same with different brackets (Yes, I know that's what you were telling me to begin with LOL).

I have the brackets needed for them, so I just need the fogs :approve:

EDIT:
Thanks! I love the wheels, just gotta get the cleaned up at some point.

I have not wired the Ganadors. I dug into it, and theoretically it should be easy, it's 3 or 4 wires. The problem I ran into is the plugs are different. I didn't want to hack things up so I just left it.

Plus my mirrors look like they are adjusted as far as possible. I still want to get them working just to have it done. Just gotta sell some of my stuff first.

EDIT: IF IF IF IF IF IF IF things go in my favor, I could be getting one of the most rare parts I've ever seen available for the IS/Altezza.

So rare, I don't even know who makes them :lol: I'll find out in about 31 hours! It makes me all giggity just thinking about it haha.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Epic interior cleaning....nice job!

Like I said on instagram, not a fan of the flares. Too many lines everywhere imo. Maybe remove the oem side moldings?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,300
love that kit so bad lol, keep and rebarrel the wheels like you wanted to
Wheels will be getting rebarrelled no matter the route I go. I bought them intentionally in these sizes/offsets. Perfect for 10/11's on stock body :approve:

Flares give room for 11/12's if I use them.

just noticed you got the altezza combo meter! your getting me all jelly bro!
:p its one of my favorite parts!

Epic interior cleaning....nice job!

Like I said on instagram, not a fan of the flares. Too many lines everywhere imo. Maybe remove the oem side moldings?
I agree, except on removing the side moldings. I've seen some that look OK, but for the most part I feel like it takes away from the lines of the car. I'm just not a huge fan of no side moldings.

I actually think the flares could work well with the kit....;)
Yeah if the flares extended all the way down to the "lips" on the bumpers, it might flow nicely.
I think the flares COULD work well. But there is an immense amount of work needed. Extensions would HAVE to be made for the front and rear bumpers, the ends where the side skirts would have to be trimmed, and I'm so picky I don't think I would like it anyway. Look how the front flare gets skinnier the closer it gets to the side skirt. The side skirt gets wider as it goes down.

I don't think there is a good way to blend them and I will NOT modify the Modellista kit.

With enough time/money/work it could be done. I just don't know if I want to mess with it at this point.

Nice pics of the interior, usually pics with the flash don't come out well!
Nikon SB600 makes things a LOT easier :lol:

Bought those fog lights from eBay, hoping they are here by the end of the week. I still need another HID kit for H1 (my stock is H3) and I'd like to figure out an adapter/jumper harness so I can switch between the two when I please.

AND I won the Yahoo Japan auction for more rice car parts. Spent WAY to much on them, but it'll be the ONLY set in the states. And actually yes it is pretty ricey.

1281 - 1300 of 1941 Posts