Lexus IS Forum banner

1261 - 1280 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,262
Finally getting somewhere with Greyhound. Still no package, but they are working with me on an insurance claim. Hopefully have things DONE by Friday.

In the mean time, I need to sell my stuff in my for sale thread!

Also selling:
JDM rear bumper
front lower control arms
Spare 2jzge with 100k out of a 2002 auto IS

Getting pictures of stuff to put in my for sale thread this weekend.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Good to hear man. So what are you expecting from the claim?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,266
Good to hear man. So what are you expecting from the claim?
Greyhound came through and has settled things.

I didn't get enough to cover the cost of an Elixir kit, but I got more than I thought I would end up with.

Finally going to move forward now. Just trying to get a few things decided before I make some purchases.

Dam man. Hope it goes good. Whats the plan with the flares. (Mounting style)
Depends what kit I end up going with. I have a couple things in mind so we'll see. Sucks because I really want to have my wheels widened before I throw the flares on. I may just have to get some huge spacers :(

No matter how I end up doing things, I'll be cutting out the fenders underneath and riveting the flares on. I will NOT mold them. And I'll have extensions made so they blend into the bumper.

·
Registered
235 Posts
damn corey i bought your SSR ms1 off of you and thought you were going to leave the car as it was with the set up after that, guess i was wrong. car looks great and good luck with whatever route you plan on taking it bro. suscribed!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,268
damn corey i bought your SSR ms1 off of you and thought you were going to leave the car as it was with the set up after that, guess i was wrong. car looks great and good luck with whatever route you plan on taking it bro. suscribed!
Thanks man! Hope the wheels are still doing good!

And of course not, I don't know if I'll ever leave the car as it sits :( Update coming in the next post and I'm not even sure I'm happy with it :lol:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,269 (Edited)
First, I'm going to go through some boring stuff. My car took some what of a beating this past year since I moved into an apartment for school. The car RARELY sat outside over night and now has been for a year :( Not to mention a ton of construction meant all kinds of dust/dirt.

So I really needed to do some deep cleaning. I'm not finished, and only have partial pictures. But I've cleaned the entire trunk and back seats. Still going to pull the front seats out and CLEAN, leather clean and condition. I even quick detailed everything in the trunk and waxed my spare wheel :lol:

DSC_0880_zps55fb34ce by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0885_zps0febbce6 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0882_zps36d2e881 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0883_zps5bf916ce by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I did pick up a Cusco trunk bar. Saw it on eBay, brand new for $70 shipped. I thought what the hell. Eventually going to powder coat it black or silver. Completely forgot about having to trim the trunk liner/carpet for it to fit but I think I did a pretty good job of it.

DSC_0896_zps159ffaf8 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0895_zps939d8f10 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0893_zps78eef453 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0894_zps4a78f05e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0887_zps07513438 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0889_zpsc16c007e by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0890_zps91ae0e30 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0891_zps04ad0d9b by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0892_zps5a56789b by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Only picture from cleaning the rear lol. Also quick detailed all the painted surfaces after pulling everything... No pictures after leather cleaning and conditioning though. I was waiting to finish the front and got side tracked with other things.

DSC_0897_zps83b10000 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

AAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnddddd.... I may have a new kit..

EDIT: forgot to img tag all the pictures. Kit coming in 2 minutes.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,270
I also decided to clay bar the entire car and give it some fresh wax. Got that done, and it rained the same day. Also, if anyone has been paying attention to the storms in the Oklahoma area they are only a couple hours away so we've been having similar weather here, minus tornados so far.

So Greyhound lost my Elixir kit. I eventually got compensation for it, and had my mind set on a new kit. Took forever to find it, finalize cost, etc. The day I went to place the order the guy said he stopped dealing with aero kits because the took up too much space :(

I probably would have worked with him to see if we could come to an agreement but I saw a kit for sale the same day and knew I didn't have time to waste. So I bought it.

Full JDM Modellista Qualitat body kit.

The front bumper has some aftermarket fog lights I'm not too sure on, and possibly an aftermarket grille mesh section with no Qualitat badge but overall it's in good shape. Finally got a chance to put it on today so I snapped some pictures.

Honestly not sure how I feel about it. I love the sides and rear. I'm iffy on the front. I do not think my Wald flares will work with it at all.

I THINK I'd like it more if the car was lower. I'm going to test fit my friends wheels with smaller tires and see how it looks, and maybe buy his 215's or something.

I really need to paint my Ganadors now too.

As always, anyone with HKS, BN Sports, or Elixir if you want to trade hit me up!!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Great pick up man! I love that look. That rear is mean....looks sooo good. Who's your contact for this JDM purchase? Could you PM contact info? I'm trying to source a few more JDM Gita goods but having a hard time finding someone that could help me.

Btw, great job on the detailing.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,274
looks good man the new kit.

Great pick up man! I love that look. That rear is mean....looks sooo good. Who's your contact for this JDM purchase? Could you PM contact info? I'm trying to source a few more JDM Gita goods but having a hard time finding someone that could help me.

Btw, great job on the detailing.
Thanks!

Still got some things to finish up detail wise, not to mention I should probably tackle the small amount of "melting dash" I've acquired before it spreads. But it isn't too bad yet.

My car was dirty in these pics too :p
And I believe the kit is Diamond White Pearl not CW.

Such a rare kit but Im on the fence about the front as well.
There's just something about it... I do think it would look better if the front was lower. Gonna throw on my friends wheels that are 8.5 and 9.5 with a 215 and 225 to see how it looks. I think it'll even out the ride height and be slightly lower.

My 225/40/18 is taller than my 255/35/18 :( so even with the height even it looks reverse raked. I've been lazy to mess with the height.

And I really wanted to buy new tie rods before I get another alignment. So much rust/seized shit I'm trying to get rid of all suspension parts with it.

It's never ending... :blush:

·
Registered
7,622 Posts

Thanks!

Still got some things to finish up detail wise, not to mention I should probably tackle the small amount of "melting dash" I've acquired before it spreads. But it isn't too bad yet.

My car was dirty in these pics too :p
And I believe the kit is Diamond White Pearl not CW.

There's just something about it... I do think it would look better if the front was lower. Gonna throw on my friends wheels that are 8.5 and 9.5 with a 215 and 225 to see how it looks. I think it'll even out the ride height and be slightly lower.

My 225/40/18 is taller than my 255/35/18 :( so even with the height even it looks reverse raked. I've been lazy to mess with the height.

And I really wanted to buy new tie rods before I get another alignment. So much rust/seized shit I'm trying to get rid of all suspension parts with it.

It's never ending... :blush:
That might do it. Its just one of those low rider kits.

Take it one step at a time buddy. lol. It'll eventually get done :)

·
Mr. Roo
9,457 Posts
Wow that's the cleanest trunk I've ever seen lol!

But I love the kit simply because it's different, you don't see that every day. I'm not completely sold on it either, but it will probably grow on you.

For the front, I see you've got some of those multi-lens projector fogs, but I would try and find a round reflector fog to fit that circle, so that they are a little more obvious. That would help me like the front better.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Wow great pics, I never really liked that front bumper until I saw it on your car and in white!

Also the fog lights are uber sexyyyyy leave them!

1261 - 1280 of 1941 Posts