Lexus IS Forum banner

1241 - 1260 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,241 (Edited)
Car is completely lacking in my eyes now.

I picked these wheels for a certain look. The Elixir kit was going to fit perfect with the wheels and Ganadors.

Frustrated.

Still nothing from Greyhound. I've searched every cities craigslist for over 20 states and seen nothing. Either it's still with Greyhound somewhere, it got thrown away, or someone stole it and don't know what they have.

Or someone stole it and someone else bought it already.

Whatever. I have no motivation for it right now. I haven't even wanted to take pictures, so all I have is one iPhone pic.

photo1-1_zps3373e43d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Specs are

Blitz Type 03
18x9 +26 with a 225/40/18 and -4* of camber
18x10 +35 with a 255/35/18 and -2.3* of camber.

Not happy about the camber in front. My tires are too big. I'd be fine with the camber if it was like 1" lower.

Wheels are 18x9 +41 and HI disk so the clear my calipers.
Rears are 18x10 +45 LO disk.

I had plans to widen/refinish them but with no kit I won't be doing that.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
There's probably a lot going on at the bus stations, but how do you misplace a giant box? Sorry if I missed it, but did you get any insurance money for the item(s)?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,245
There's probably a lot going on at the bus stations, but how do you misplace a giant box? Sorry if I missed it, but did you get any insurance money for the item(s)?
See that's the thing, the people Zac talked to said it LEFT St. Louis to come to Joplin. That means it wouldn't have been taken off a bus again until it got to Joplin. So either the people at Joplin "missed" it and didn't take it off the bus, or I don't have another explaination.

Even if it continued on, it has my number and should have where it's supposed to go. You would think SOMEONE would notice it since it is 6x4x3 FEET.

No insurance money yet. Zac filed a claim a week or so ago. I'm not optimistic though. Greyhound has a "limit" of $300 per package so the most I'll get is $300. Everything is in one box so even though we can PROVE the value of the item I doubt they will budge.

It's a risk you take using Greyhound, and I understand it. I don't agree with it, but what can I do? I've had 3 bumpers shipped to me with no issues. And I've shipped 2 bumpers with no issues. Why would I expect anything different?

Hey man think positive
You can't imagine how calm I've been :lol: I keep thinking it'll just show up one day but I'm losing hope each day that passes.

Hopefully it shows up. I'd be throwing such a huge fit at Greyhound.
I might be throwing a fit if I even knew who to contact! I've called local stations throughout Missouri and most are nice and TRY to help so I don't feel like they are the people to bitch at.

I just cannot fathom what it takes to "lose" a box the size of a refridgerator. Are people seriously that fucking stupid? Then I start thinking someone stole it... But I highly doubt anyone in this area would know what they are taking. Which makes it extremely hard for me to find it if they did. How do you search for something if no one knows what it is?

I don't know. I'm calling around tomorrow to see if I can get anywhere...

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,247
thats so weird i shipped u my bumper and you got it with no problems
That's why it's frustrating.

I had a JDM front bumper with TRD lip shipped through Greyhound. No issues.
I had a Vertex front bumper shipped through Greyhound. No issues.
I had your JDM rear bumper shipped through Greyhound AROUND CHRISTMAS. No issues.
I shipped the JDM front bumper with TRD lip through Greyhound. No issues.
I shipped the Vertex front bumper and rear lip through Greyhound. No issues.

Why now? :(

·
Registered
478 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, i always had that through my head and never wanted to ship through greyhound till i bought the front bumper from you Corey... since then I've had the side skirts, rear bumper and lip, and a hood shipped and and beginning to feel apprehensive about it again. this happened to me with usps when i shipped a cam cover and never got a tracking number. But i think it was the seller, seemed shady and me being too gullible.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Hope everything all goes well with greyhound. Nice pics man, everything looks mint besides that driver side front fender. Damn, what happened?

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,252
Hope everything all goes well with greyhound. Nice pics man, everything looks mint besides that driver side front fender. Damn, what happened?
lol the sad part is, I avoided taking pictures of the front fenders as much as possible. They are actually WORSE than they look :lol:

They pulled themselves with my last set of wheels and ended up being a little wavey. That's most of what can be seen in the pictures.

I made them worse by rushing and trying to roll them more. The roller was too long in some spots and put decent sized dents from the tabs. Mainly from about 12o'clock to 2o'clock.

Sucks, but it'll be taken care of.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,254 (Edited)
No news on the Elixir kit :( I'm been in contact with the Vice President of Greyhound Package Xpress however. They've "been doing everything they can" to look for it and are apparently reviewing video footage to try to locate it... I guess they did locate some one elses missing package this week lol.

Insurance claim is set for "review" on 4/15 also... Really hoping it shows up before then. I am in town for spring break and was out Saturday night and saw a Greyhound bus so I followed it to the station lol. There was another bus there, so I checked under both of them but no luck :( also checked with the workers and it wasn't there.

I have been holding out though. I manage to pick up some things a couple weeks ago. Picked up some Wald fender flares from a local member. He recently picked up an OG IS and is FINALLY giving it the love it needed. Can't wait to see it now that it's back together and running. He took it to TX2k13 this weekend.

DSC_0789_zps699d2277 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0790_zpsc65bfce2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

flares_zps61f87436 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0792_zpsd0de8db7 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0793_zps22660c42 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Also threw the Vertex hood spoiler in since I didn't have any pictures. Althought I had a little "accident" with it the other day... Let's just say it may have slide across the road :lol: (dumbass).

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice pick up on the flares Corey!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Anyluck with the kit?
Corey posted update above son^ :)

No news on the Elixir kit I'm been in contact with the Vice President of Greyhound Package Xpress however. They've "been doing everything they can" to look for it and are apparently reviewing video footage to try to locate it... I guess they did locate some one elses missing package this week lol.

Insurance claim is set for "review" on 4/15 also... Really hoping it shows up before then. I am in town for spring break and was out Saturday night and saw a Greyhound bus so I followed it to the station lol. There was another bus there, so I checked under both of them but no luck also checked with the workers and it wasn't there.

Keep us posted Corey! I hope they catch the sons of bitches who took it.

·
Formerly known as 01WaIS
635 Posts
Re: white_is build thread! (... 1/31)

Nice pick up Corey!!

Hopefully Greyhound will figure their stuff out, and get the kit back.. Positive thoughts incoming! ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1241 - 1260 of 1941 Posts