Lexus IS Forum banner

1221 - 1240 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Very nice pickup! I was about 24 hours away from throwing him an offer on those ;)

Car is looking great so far!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,225
Tonynca could you edit your post? I don't want to bad mouth someone that doesn't deserve it.

Apparently I freaked out. But I don't feel like it was too over exaggerated lol. It's a combination of things.

Greyhound is basically saying they don't know here the package is.
It's been almost 3 full weeks. Depending on when it went out. It was dropped off on the 11th.
I came across an OLD Craigslist ad. It was BEFORE we made our deal. By the time I saw it I was already frustrated so I overlooked the date.

I went back and checked all my messages/texts. Everything lines up fine with the dates of shipping/Craigslist and whatever else.

And Zach got back to me and is working with me. He has honestly been really helpful from the beginning so I don't really know why I freaked lol.

Oh well. I'll be making some more calls tomorrow to greyhound. Hopefully we can at least find out where the damn thing is.

So on top of that stuff, I've been stressed about school work as always, but I also found out today I won't be putting my wheels on this weekend. :pissed: so that had me pissed off and frustrated anyway! The guy that I trust to do my alignments is too busy.

EndRant.

·
10,234 Posts
A lot of cases, with Greyhound, the package get mislabeled or not even labeled. When I purchased my bumper it got shipped via Greyhound they were constantly telling me that it was no where to be found. One day I decided to take a trip to the Greyhound station, what do you know the bumper was sitting right behind the desk. I even called an hour before I went, they gave me the same thing. When I got there I was still told it wasn't there but I saw it with my own eyes. The guy told me there was no label on it, wtf?

Funny part was they tried to charge me a storage fee because it was there for x amount of time, I gave them the finger, took my bumper and went on my way.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,228
A lot of cases, with Greyhound, the package get mislabeled or not even labeled. When I purchased my bumper it got shipped via Greyhound they were constantly telling me that it was no where to be found. One day I decided to take a trip to the Greyhound station, what do you know the bumper was sitting right behind the desk. I even called an hour before I went, they gave me the same thing. When I got there I was still told it wasn't there but I saw it with my own eyes. The guy told me there was no label on it, wtf?

Funny part was they tried to charge me a storage fee because it was there for x amount of time, I gave them the finger, took my bumper and went on my way.
I wish I could say this is the case...

Basically what Zach and I have found out is that it left Tampa, FL between January 11th and 13th. I don't know where it stopped along the way, but it was seen, checked in, and supposedly LEFT a station in St. Louis, MO to come to Joplin on the 17th.

Apparently no one has seen it since. I don't understand how that's possible. Between St. Louis and Joplin there is ONE big-ish city that it would stop in. I finally got ahold of them and they said it wasn't there, and there would be no reason for them to unload it there.

Unless it went the round-about dumbass route of going to Kansas City and then Joplin. I called for 3 hours on Saturday with no answer to KC. Gonna try again tomorrow.

I also went to the Joplin station Saturday morning. They didn't have it, and told me they would send out a fax to other stations to see if they had it. They had my number and info but I haven't heard anything yet...

I guess the next step is to call every station in Missouri. If no one has it I'll move to all of the surrounding states. Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Iowa, Nebraska, etc. Whatever. The "corporate" office is supposed to be doing this, but I have a feeling they aren't doing much.

Zach has been very helpful throughout this whole thing so I'm thankful for that.

I just don't understand how a 6'x4'x3' box goes missing. It's f-ing huge.

:lol: at least I don't have to be dissapointed about not getting it painted before the 24th :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,229 (Edited)
Might as well give more teasers...

64f1d7e4-44e8-43a7-91a7-94ef470f864d_zps791f962c by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

a71e139a-c03d-48c7-840a-67270d2195c3_zps6b3a8568 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

18x9 +41 clears LS400 BBK in the front.
18x10 +45

High offsets, but they will look good. Gonna run 225/40/18 and 255/35/18 General G Max 03's. Rear tires are from the Koenigs, I just got the 225's a week or so ago. All four tires are mounted. Gonna run some spacers to push them out though.

Just trying to figure out when I can get an alignment so I can lower it and throw the wheels on. Hoping to get it lowered Friday night and aligned Saturday morning.

I pulled my front visors off. The Ganador bases are bigger than the stocks mirrors base so the visors need trimmed. Hoping to get the visors finished tomorrow so I can put some new double sided tape on them.

Waiting until I get my wheels on to put the Ganadors on. Working on getting them functioning but I need some new plugs.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Hope you track it down soon Corey.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Any update on the Elixir kit or the Vertex hood bonnet? sorry I'm really anxious to see how your car is going to look with the dramatic change.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Unfortunately I haven't had time to mess with it. I swapped out the oil pressure switch for the oil pressure sensor, so theoretically all I need to do is send the power wire from the sensor to the cluster.

Do 3SGE's come with an oil pressure sensor? You may check. And also, pull your cluster and check the pins.

It's one of those things that COULD be there. If Pin1 has a wire going to it on the big plug (plugA) on the back of the cluster you should be good to go.
yeah the 3SGE MT/AT run oil pressure sensors separately on the loom and is a sensor located somewhere on the block. so theoretically you could run the signal from an aftermarket sensor/OEM to the cluster to get the correct reading. haha sorry for the delayed reply

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,236
Slowly getting more and more dissapointed with Greyhound. I've been optimistic they would find my kit, but I'm losing faith.

Sucks because I really needed the kit to pull off the look/style I was going for.

Just frustrating. I've had 3 bumpers shipped to me with ZERO issues. I've sent 2 bumpers to other people with ZERO issues. I don't see how it's possible for a 6 foot by 4 foot by 3 foot box to go missing.

In the mean time I picked up a Vertex Hood/Bonnet Spoiler from HiPPOXSLEEK. Been wanting one for a while but never expected to come across a used one. It was great price so I jumped on it. Unfortunately with no kit I'm probably just going to sit on it for a while.

I finally got my wheels on, lowered, and aligned. Since I don't have a kit it needs to go lower, but my tires are too big. The rear is "ok" but to go lower I need a smaller tire. The front isn't anywhere near where I planned to have it. Apparently the 225/40 is a lot bigger than a 215/40. It's higher and I have more camber than I want in the front.

Finally got my visors trimmed to fit with the Ganadors. Waiting for a warm day to put them on. And one of my center caps came apart when I pulled it off the wheel, but I just put it back together today.

So more teasers for now.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Damn Corey, I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with Greyhound. I hope they straighten everything out soon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations, you've earned the privilege of being my first subscribed thread here!

Sucks about the missing aero, the teasers have given me mixed emotions, I really want to see the wheels, but I don't want to see them when the car is lacking (in your eyes).

GL dude.

1221 - 1240 of 1931 Posts