Lexus IS Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
THM really sucks. I ordered something and after paying they said its out of stock. I told them i wanna cancel it. Guess what? they will charge me 10% restocking fee which they don't even have it in stock. I got fed up with them and called American Express dispute it and they took care of it. After that I never even bother check them out. Customer service really is sooooo stupid!
Wow. That is totally unreasonable. I hope they can chime in and explain themselves.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,203
Can't wait bro
Thanks Tom! Can't wait to see what you have instore :approve:

THM really sucks. I ordered something and after paying they said its out of stock. I told them i wanna cancel it. Guess what? they will charge me 10% restocking fee which they don't even have it in stock. I got fed up with them and called American Express dispute it and they took care of it. After that I never even bother check them out. Customer service really is sooooo stupid!
Wow. That is totally unreasonable. I hope they can chime in and explain themselves.
sorry to hear about the rad. not surprised THM didn't do squat...they're almost as bad as SRT when it comes to customer service
That's not the first time I've heard of them charging restocking fees on stuff they don't even have.

One of my friends CALLED THEM and asked if they had a Samco hose kit in stock for his Civic. They said yes, he bought them, and then said it was out of stock, special order, and could not be cancelled.

And to be honest, I didn't want to give THM my business to begin with! Basically I thought "Koyo is highly regarded for their craftmanship blah blah blah. What are the chances of something being wrong with it that I have to deal with THM". Haha bit me in the ass.

Oh well, Koyo was great to deal with. My new radiator was delivered in Joplin today, but I won't be able to check it out until Friday. I'll be looking it over when I get home and hopefully installing it and my Samco hoses this weekend.

Sick build... keep it up!
Might steal a few ideas :p
Thank you! I feel like it's about to get sicker!

rest of the list sounds awsome

what new kit/wheels are you going with?
Thanks! BTW, I still have an intake manifold setup if you need some spares to powder coat ;)

I'm holding off on the details until things are here :p Although, I'm hoping the kit is delivered tomorrow so you might not have to wait much longer!

I'll grab some pictures of all the boring stuff Friday when I get home. And hopefully I can get pictures of the kit! My wheels haven't hit US ground yet :(

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Here's a couple old pictures from a get together this past summer.

Can't wait to get the new stuff on!
Too damn sick corey :)

Cant wait to see what you come out with for 2013.

Also I think I found a OEM solution for the oil pressure gauge. I still gotta try it out when the cluster comes in.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Here's a couple old pictures from a get together this past summer.

im a huge fan of your car, goodluck with the new setup.
as for THM, wow it all makes sense now after all these awesome reviews haha
a little something to add,
a member on here posted a suspension thread on late december, another member was giving him advice on shocks, and told him to go with the illuminas, he also told him to go with THM since he had just purchased a set from them at $340 shipped. Being that im in the market for shocks, i PM THM within a week of this post, so i can buy me a set of illuminas from them at $340 shipped,
the guy replies that "theres an all time extremely high demand for illuminas right now and that they're currently in a nationwide shortage, and that no matter what, i would never find them since they're on back-order until February" he then offers me HPs for that price and also tells me the lowest he can do on the set of illuminas is ~$600. I then proceeded to quote the guy's original post where he had stated he purchased his set of illuminas for $340 shipped from them the week before, and ask him if he could match this price for me, no reply. I then PM'd THM again couple days later thinking he might've missed my reply, i told him alright fine dont match me at $340, but give me a better deal and you got a sale, he then tells me that the lowest he could go is $512 shipped and on back-order since there this 'nationwide all time shortage of Tokico Illuminas'
seems kinda sketchy to me lol, i just find it funny the guy thought he could hustle me based on my post count lol, i could grab a set of illuminas for $500 shipped right now and they'll be here by next week, so i dont know where this made-up 'shortage' comes from lol bad thing is i missed out on a set of illuminas at $400 shipped and a set of Konis with 5k miles on them for $400 as well tryna deal with THM, never again lol
sorry didnt mean to threadjack i just had to after reading all of your experiences with them.
anywho, what are your plans for the car? are those SSR viennas btw?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,209
Too damn sick corey :)

Cant wait to see what you come out with for 2013.

Also I think I found a OEM solution for the oil pressure gauge. I still gotta try it out when the cluster comes in.
Thanks :) Let me know if you get something figured out with the oil pressure! Hopefully I can work on this soon too.

sorry didnt mean to threadjack i just had to after reading all of your experiences with them.
anywho, what are your plans for the car? are those SSR viennas btw?
Plans... Too many :lol: Boost/Motor plans are on hold until I graduate though.

In the mean time, I plan on picking up these things as I can. In no particular order.

Paint the new kit.
Front and rear strut bars.
Front and rear under braces.
Basically any Figs bushing/part I don't have including the heat shield.
Slim fans, remote coolant overflow tank.

I'd eventually like to start some kind of wire tuck.

looks great man, new kit will be sweet.

You gonna fix the fender?
lol not any time soon...

Eventually I'm going to do some OEM widened front fenders or Wald flares. But not until I can have my front wheels widened to fit.

Nice man. Cant wait
Me either!!

Pictures coming in a few.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,210 (Edited)
Ok so Thursday I set out to install my Koyo (again), along with my Samco coolant hoses.

Samco hoses had to be trimmed to fit as they are not made for the IS300. Definitely scary, but I feel like I did a pretty damn good job. The upper may be a little long, but it doesn't bother me YET. :lol:

No pictures of the process. Pulling the radiator is straight forward. Undo three plugs, drain coolant, pull upper and lower coolant hoses, lift out.

I really wanted to replace the stock fans/coolant overflow but I wasn't able to at this point. Still plan to eventually. But for now I reused the stock fans. It's like 5 bolts to pull off.

Also make sure to pull the temp sensor from the stock radiator. Put the sensor on the Koyo, bolt the fans back on, and lower into place. Replace the hoses, make sure everything is tight and you're done.

Sorry, I really don't feel like the process is that difficult so I didn't take pictures or go into more detail. The hardest part is cutting the hoses.

I got everything back into place along with the TRD rad cap and was good to go. A couple of my friends were there hanging out and suggesting rerouting a couple wires so we did a little rerouting of the MAF sensor and stupid PCV/emission thing that bolts to the stock intake box. I hated how it was just hanging above the alternator anyway.

Then on Sunday I washed my car and did some cleaning. Didn't get real thorough with the bay, but I did clean off as much of the ABS, brake lines, brake booster, and other things by the firewall that I never though of cleaning :lol: they were filthy.

DSC_0607_zpsd370aa92 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0608_zpsf37ca9e1 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0609_zps59caac66 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0610_zps3384cd9f by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0611_zps5e48ba50 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Just some of the parts that were installed. The rod ends, lower control arms, camber bolts/washers and Dakota boxes still aren't installed :lol:

DSC_0624_zps05eaf6b2 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0626_zpsbccbee16 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0628_zpsd405c48d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0629_zps889d59d6 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0631_zps7c12dd6d by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0633_zpsfddbf49b by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0635_zpsd86f2c09 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

BOOM! Stock body :lol:

DSC_0619_zps2a3d940a by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Still waiting on wheels :(
Still waiting on the new kit :(

Something WILL be delivered on Wednesday, but I won't get them until the weekend.

Tires are ordered. Going with 225/40/18 General G Max 03 to match my rears.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
saw you sold your Vertex..
lets see how this turn out!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,213
I cant wait to see the kit!
:rolleyes:

saw you sold your Vertex..
lets see how this turn out!
Yessir!

Oh, and the wheels were Koenig WRV. Also known as SSR Koenigs. Sizes were 18x9 +35 annd 18x10.5 +41 but I ran spacers putting them at 18x9 +20 and 18x10.5 +38. :approve: They were also sold to a local guy.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Looks really nice in the bay!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,217 (Edited)
so what wheels r u getting? CCW??
I almost did! Really looked into getting a set of LM5's but I couldn't do it. I went with something a little... Older... :lol:

engine bay looks awesomely clean.

Can't wait to see the new kit and wheels.

Looks really nice in the bay!
Thanks guys! It's getting closer to going back together!

I got two of my wheels on Thursday! Ran home on Friday and got the tires mounted on those two. Hoping the other two show up on Monday or Tuesday so I can get the tires mounted on Friday. Teaser below...

Also got some carbon fiber Ganadors from alfaromeo3. They were delivered Wednesday (super fast shipping) but I wasn't able to get home until Friday to check them out. I freaking love them, I've wanted a set for a while so I had to jump on his. They are PERFECT.

Now I'm torn on what to do :lol: I'm not a huge fan of carbon fiber so I was planning to paint them. After seeing them I don't know if I can! Oh and yes they have blue glass :approve:

DSC_0640_zps9a4ca0dd by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0641_zpsfe1fc3dc by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0642_zps9ce15213 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0643_zpsab772771 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_0645_zpsa1e1d447 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Gotta see how school goes this week, but I'm going to try and get my visors trimmed so the Ganadors fit. Shooting for Thursday.

Also, if my wheels come in in the next couple days I'm going to try to run home again this weekend. If it works out, I'll get the tires mounted Friday and get the rid height where I want it so I can get an alignment Saturday morning!

Crossing my fingers that it all works out!

Oh, no kit yet :( The box was a LITTLE big so it's take Greyhound a little longer than usual. IF it comes in this week I should be able to squeeze a test fit in :bigSmile:

·
Registered
213 Posts
If you do paint them, I'd suggest leaving the inner hole cf. I think that would add a nice touch. Great mirrors btw. If you must change your oems, Ganador is the way to go. That or APR

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,219
If you do paint them, I'd suggest leaving the inner hole cf. I think that would add a nice touch. Great mirrors btw. If you must change your oems, Ganador is the way to go. That or APR
Yessir, the plan was to do black "bases" and paint the outers white. Now with the carbon I have the option of doing them black or leaving them carbon fiber :approve:

Once they are on I'll photoshop them all white and just white outers. And decide from there.

1201 - 1220 of 1931 Posts