Lexus IS Forum banner

1141 - 1160 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,141
wow, car looks great well done!
Thanks!

Nice update; your car looks great as usual. Personally, I like the wheels more without the decals. Do the new tires seem to run even wider than the S. Drives you had before? I don't need tires yet, but I'm starting to look at different options. Your tails look chrome. I thought you had them painted.
Thanks Rey. I was worried, but I MIGHT agree and like the wheels with without decals lol.

I think the tires do run smaller. Or it may be that the General's don't have the same lip protector thing so they seem more stretched. Eithery way, I have more room in the rear now than I did with the S.Drives. I picked up some 3mm spacers today (they didn't have 5mm's).

Tails are black, just bad lighting skill :lol:

flawless!!!!!!!! i saw the wheels 1st guys! lol
:lol:

Well done.....looks so sick! Can't wait to see more pics.
:) I'm supposed to go to IFO in Tulsa, OK this weekend. IF we don't get crazy the night before... We are having a bachelor party for one of my friends...

Either way, another shoot will be done. I gotta clean up my engine bay a little, fix my rear lip fitment, and install my digital cluster so I'll have pics when I'm done with that.

This is now my favorite white IS! great attention to detail!
Thanks :approve: Still need to clean some things up though...

loving it! wheels came out great!
Car looks great Corey. Two thumbs up. :)
Thanks guys! :approve:

car looks amazing, Corey. big thumbs up for what you've done with it, i love how everything flows.

sooooo......turbo? hahaha
Hahaha thanks man.

I have SO much crap I still want to do... I really want to get some stock fenders so I have have some metal widened fenders made. And I want the Vertex hood bonnet. Trying to decide what I want to do about a motor. Suspension is never done :lol:

First things first is my timing belt job though. And finalizing the digital cluster. I've got both Dakota boxes I may be installing tonight. Ordered an oil pressure sending unit so the oil pressure gauge should work.

Working on ordering slim fans, remote coolant resvoir, and Samco hoses. I need spark plugs and then I can do the timing belt job + upgrades. I think I'm also going to clean up the bay. Relocate the battery to the trunk and may move the ABS block under the fender. Stuff like that :p

The only issue I'm running into is girls and school :lol: My girlfriend is wanting to get engaged and I'm moving to Fayetteville, AR to finish school in August. So I'm trying to get as much done as soon as possible lol.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Excellent work Corey!
Well put together!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,145
car looks good corey, looks cleaner than ever.....
Good to see you still lurking around a little... Hopefully everything is going good!

Nice update man, Love it! Car looks awesome.

Are you going to fix the passenger fender, it doesn't fit flush with the front bumper
Thanks :) The issue is with the bumper not the fender. Fitment on OEM bumper is perfect.

I'm not too worried about it though. At some point I'm going to have the bumper repainted so I'll see what can be done then.

Excellent work Corey!
Well put together!
Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaankssss!!!!!!!

Went to IFO in Tulsa, OK today... Took home best luxury again :approve:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,146 (Edited)
Cluster.. Haven't hooked up the digital boxes yet. Picked up an Oil Pressure sending unit from Toyota. Gonna work on everything eventually.

DSC_9162 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9163 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Just some random pictures from refinishing my wheels.

DSC_9035 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9034 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Nuts that were too small :(

DSC_9029 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9024 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Old nuts before

DSC_9017 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9016 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Old nuts cleaned

DSC_9022 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9018 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

LCA's powder coated and Figs bushings pressed in.

DSC_9025 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9026 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

New camber bolts, washers, nuts.

DSC_9027 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

That's all I've got for the wheels and new parts. I'll get pictures of the Oil Pressure Sending unit at some point, along with the dakota boxes.

I'm gonna pull off my wheels and clean them inside and out sometime too so I'll take more pictures of them.

One of my ballasts for my fog lights went bad about two weeks ago. Got it replaced under warranty so I swapped those out tonight.

Gotta do a day time shoot at some point... May go a little lower also...

And I still haven't swapped out the LCA's :pissed:

Random motor parts????

Blah. Deleted pictures because I sold it and didn't build it. Not relevant.

Well I stumbled across an IS motor for sale... Complete. Came with exhaust manifold, intake manifold, oil pans, block, head, throttle body, AC compressor, power steering pump, wiring harness, blah blah blah. Was told it had around 100k miles and was good and running.

It was WAY too good a deal to pass up. I pulled everything off (obviously :lol:) and the motor is on an engine stand at my friends shop right now. Gonna have him bring it over some time this week.

Basically trying to decide what I want to do with it now... Build it or sell it. All the accessory parts will be for sale once I get detailed pics with my username and stuff. Just gotta find time. And clean up my Blitz exhaust and post that for sale.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
I like what you did with the inner barrels! I wish I painted mine instead of polishing. Maybe I should polish them again and have them clear coated...would that work? You should polish the exhaust before selling. I bet you'd get a lot more for it, or at least you'd get more interest. One of these days, I swear I will see camouflage suspension components on your car LOL...maybe the front #2's :p

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice update!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,152
Nice update!
sweet update. LCA looks sick.
This car is so clean, always loved white IS300's
your wheels came out soooo good
Thanks guys :approve:

I like what you did with the inner barrels! I wish I painted mine instead of polishing. Maybe I should polish them again and have them clear coated...would that work? You should polish the exhaust before selling. I bet you'd get a lot more for it, or at least you'd get more interest. One of these days, I swear I will see camouflage suspension components on your car LOL...maybe the front #2's :p

Yeah you can always have them polished again, but I think they need to have an anodized clear coat. Not sure if you can do a clear powder or just spray a clear on it since it's polished.

Definitely gonna polish the exhaust before I sell it :p Just been lazy. I really need to sell a bunch of parts now!

I almost jumped on a set of TRD #2's! But by the time I came back to buy them they were sold lol. Oh well.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Nice updates Corey.

·
Registered
478 Posts
yeah still lurk every once in a while...got 2 vehicles since my is was totaled and planning on buying another is300 one day, need to put my stuff for sale soon to support my new car :).... your car is the definition of what should be done to is300's.... keep i t up!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,158 (Edited)
car looks great!!
Nice updates Corey.
car is clean
Thanks guys :approve:

yeah still lurk every once in a while...got 2 vehicles since my is was totaled and planning on buying another is300 one day, need to put my stuff for sale soon to support my new car :).... your car is the definition of what should be done to is300's.... keep i t up!
Thanks man. Glad you're still lurking around and looking into getting another IS! You were on the right track with yours for sure!

wheels looking good! so uh... whatre you doing with the faces? lol

lol you missed the previous page!

Faces were painted Quicksilver FX with a light purple pearl. I pulled each wheel off two weeks ago to clean them (inside and out) so I tried to get some pictures to show the colors and everything.

DSC_9586 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9584 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9585 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9588 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_9591 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

1141 - 1160 of 1941 Posts