Lexus IS Forum banner

1041 - 1060 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
Thanks man. If you find a money tree send part of it to me!

I would LOVE a v161... But yeah AR5 or a Marlin Crawler rebuilt R154 are what I'm shooting for when I end up doing a swap. I need to talk to Eminence... At one point I think he had adapters made to run a shifter from a w55 on an R154. I definitely need that with my KS shifter.
hahahaha. been lookin for that tree for a while now. but ill have to agree with you on trying to keep the KS shifter. ive been driving around with it for a while now i dont know how i could live without it. i tried driving other short shift kits for other cars....not even close, everything else just feels like longer throws.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,042
Really can't wait to see your car boosted man. Gonna be redonk.

Good choice of parts so far that you've chosen. I'm going for something VERY similar too actually ;)

For ECU's I would consider the ProEFI 128 if you have ched or the GReddy Emanage or the ProEFI 48

BTW, where can you get SS lines for the return and oil feed lines? (fittings also?)
I'm not sure on the oil lines. Check Eminence's posts. I remember seeing him post about black braided lines.

I would recommend to choose -GTE internals and IS300 head gasket and you get CR 9,5:1 that's the more reliable way.... ;)
That may be the route I go in the future. But for now I'm sticking with GE internals and GTE head gasket until I build a block. Both may take a while, so I don't have to make a jump one direction right now.

Either way, I would prefer to be around 9.5:1 :p

Corey,
Sounds like your on the right path. I dont really have any recommendations to give you that the other guys havent already stated. For engine management I would look into the ProEFI 48 or an AEM. I would have went with the ProEFI if it had the support backing that it has now when I ordered my AEM. ProEFI was just entering the market and I was hesitant because I wasnt quite sure if it was going to make it. Jason (ProEFI developer) is a great dude and I had talked to him back when I was doing my GTE swap. I think you have a great strategy with going with whatever engine management that your tuner is capable of.

Ill knock on wood before I say this, but I havent had 1 issue with my reinforced ebay manifold. It was reinforced by a member off the supraforums before he sold it to me. Has support my Comp 67 and soon to be a precision 6766 without an issue. Unless you go with a massive turbo I doubt you will have an issue. Looks like your headed on the right track! Good luck!
Thanks Sean. I haven't checked on your build in a while, but it seemed like things were going in the right direction. Hopefully things are still going good!

hahahaha. been lookin for that tree for a while now. but ill have to agree with you on trying to keep the KS shifter. ive been driving around with it for a while now i dont know how i could live without it. i tried driving other short shift kits for other cars....not even close, everything else just feels like longer throws.
lol I bet. One day I'll get this mess sorted out :lol:

As for an update... I took some pics the other day. Haven't uploaded them or anything though. I'm supposed to be studying for a test tomorrow morning, but I'm not of course. Whatever.

Finally getting parts together.

Parts BOUGHT (All OEM/Maintenance parts are from Toyota)
Timing Belt
Timing Tensioner
Idler Pulley
Thermostat
Thermostat Gasket
PCV
O-ring Bypass Outlet
Serpentine Tensioner
Crankshaft Seal
O-Ring Bypass Pipe
Cam Shaft Seals
TT Supra Head Gasket
Coolant
Koyo Aluminum Radiator
TRD Oil Cap
TRD Radiator Cap

Everything is in my posession, except the rad cap, which I'm picking up from the post office tomorrow. Crossing my fingers it fits my Koyo. Baadhabit said his TRD cap didn't fit his Koyo, but I found some info on Supraforums saying an older style Type S cap would fit. So I bought that. Hopefully confirming things tomorrow.

Kinda tempted to see if VR would trade me wheels...
SSR Strusse [SSR Strusse 18x9,10+37] - $1,280.00 : VR Wheels WebStore, Presented By VR Motoring

Opinions?

I feel like my car is TOO clean. Needs some swag or gangster-ness too it. Maybe not?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nah, keep the wheels you have and like Tom said, just polish them.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047 (Edited)
Very nice list i say just polish your wheels
Those rims are pretty nice, I would rock them.
nice list of parts already bought :)

As for the rims, I like your more at the moment. keep us updated!
Nah, keep the wheels you have and like Tom said, just polish them.
Thanks guys!

I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to do other the winter...

(not picture is my GTE head gasket)
DSC_7855 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And as of now, I have confirmed that a TRD Type S 1.3 radiator cap will fit a Koyo.

DSC_7860 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Seems like it's snug/tight and fits right so we'll see. I'm assuming when others said the cap wouldn't fit that it's obvious, which means the Type S does fit.

Winterization for my car is gonna start slowing, probably tomorrow. Probably cleaning my interior and swapping my floor mats out for my winter mats.

OHHHH. Everyone needs to go vote for ME!!

ROTM for October come on!

http://my.is/forums/f227/rotm-contest-october-2011-a-435172/#post6511259

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Si, mas pics!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,050 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Mail-order bride to wash your car? Did you have a model of your car made?

·
Registered
6,754 Posts
Thanks guys!

I'm gonna have a lot of stuff to do other the winter...

(not picture is my GTE head gasket)
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/white_is/DSC_7855.jpg

And as of now, I have confirmed that a TRD Type S 1.3 radiator cap will fit a Koyo.

Seems like it's snug/tight and fits right so we'll see. I'm assuming when others said the cap wouldn't fit that it's obvious, which means the Type S does fit.

Winterization for my car is gonna start slowing, probably tomorrow. Probably cleaning my interior and swapping my floor mats out for my winter mats.
interesting i had to use a Nissan SR20 rad cap. must be revised versions. the logos look different

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
You and Kev are killin me with these secrets! :(

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^Lol at SHawn. :)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,056
Mail-order bride to wash your car? Did you have a model of your car made?
A die-cast replica car?
I like these guesses! But nope! A mini-me model would be sweet though...

You and Kev are killin me with these secrets! :(
^Lol at SHawn. :)
:lol: if only he knew Kevin :p

I'll probably post everything by the end of the week either way.

interesting i had to use a Nissan SR20 rad cap. must be revised versions. the logos look different
Yeah it seemed like the Supra guys were saying it was a slightly different model. Hopefully I didn't get screwed with some knock off crap though... It came in a TRD box like my oil cap and shift knob so I'll look it over.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
funny how you guys guess that box contain a die-cast model.....

The box "originally" contain some super duper top dollar Ferrari die-cast for new car delivery :) All the way from Italy Yo ! ! !

Enjoy it Corey :)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,059
funny how you guys guess that box contain a die-cast model.....

The box "originally" contain some super duper top dollar Ferrari die-cast for new car delivery :) All the way from Italy Yo ! ! !

Enjoy it Corey :)
Nice! Thanks again Chris. I won't be able to get back to the post office until Monday though.

Headlights and/or taillights????
Nope :p

New pics coming in the next post. Secret won't be revealed yet though! :rolleyes:

1041 - 1060 of 1931 Posts