Lexus IS Forum banner

961 - 980 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #962
Got it back today!! Drove over 60 miles with everything installed with ZERO scrapping. It may not be the lowest but I love my setup. I may consider going lower later, but I enjoy my alignment specs.

Very happy with the paint match and quality of the work.

And before anyone says anything, I did NOT have the front bumper repainted. I got it for a steal and it was already white so I left it as is. I know it doesn't match but for now I'm fine with it. I need to look at things a little more in the sun but I doubt I'll worry too much.

But with that being said, I DO plan on having it repainted this winter.

Anyway, here are the pics! And yes, I was running out a daylight. I'll get some more eventually.

Vertex Front bumper
Vertex Side skirts
OEM JDM rear bumper
Vertex rear lip
Replica UGO roof spoiler

·
Registered
145 Posts
Would love to see this in KC next IFO. Pretty sure you would win some trophies :) Unless friend arrives in his G37 w/ vossens. Always winning the luxury trophy.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Car looks good Corey. Maybe a full polish of the wheels over the winter? :p

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #970
Damn that looks good, well executed.
looks awesome man. i love it.
looks awesome !!!!!
Looks awesome! Much props!
Thanks guys! It's always nice to see things come together how you hoped they would!

Would love to see this in KC next IFO. Pretty sure you would win some trophies :) Unless friend arrives in his G37 w/ vossens. Always winning the luxury trophy.
Isn't there one in September or October? I'll try to get some of my friends to come up with me. They should have some more things done with their cars so they'll be more willing :p

Holy crap that looks fantastic.
Want to donate your turbo and 6 speed?? :cloud9:

Hopefully I can start working towards boost soon. Just gotta start saving money and figure out what route I want to take (1jz, stock motor, build an extra block, or 1uzfe swap).

Car looks good Corey. Maybe a full polish of the wheels over the winter? :p
Actually I did consider it. I wouldn't mind full polish, except the faces are NOT polish friendly right around the lips.

(not my picture)

I'd hate having to repolish them. Still considered doing chrome, black chrome/nickel plate, or powder coated a shade silver or gunmetal. I'll be photoshopping different options eventually.

And I've got a couple months to decide :p

Thanks for all the comments though!

I know I attempt to take decent pictures, but most the time I fail :lol: BUT one of my friends has been into photography longer than I have, so he'll will be doing a shoot when we get a chance. Hopefully I can learn some things from him while we are at it.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
EDIT: I've bought a few small things the last couple days. Nothing big though.
  • Redline MT-90 Tranny Fluid
  • Redline 75/90 Gear Oil
  • Brand New OEM Black Carpet Floor Mats
  • Genuine Lexus CW Touch Up Paint
  • Mad TYTE JDM License Plate Bracket
  • OEM Intake Air Filter
Friendly advice: I suggest you buy some Amsoil tranny and diff fluids. I tried Redline and it didn't last as long as the Amsoil.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Well done Corey!
Car looks spectacular!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #975
Wow Corey, the Vertex kit looks amazing...especially in Crystal White with those wheels. Very nicely done sir.
i love the kit and the wheels corey...they compliment each other well. so nicee
Thanks guys. I'm extremely happy with the way everything flows. Can't wait to get the front bumper repainted and refinish the wheels this winter :approve:

Still gotta lot of stuff planned!

Friendly advice: I suggest you buy some Amsoil tranny and diff fluids. I tried Redline and it didn't last as long as the Amsoil.
PM'd you back :p

Well done Corey!
Car looks spectacular!
Thanks man!

I'll get some more pictures eventually. Been super busy at work lately! Means more dollllllaaaaa's for me though, which means more parts for me :bigSmile:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Last year IFO was in May/September. This year is gonna be May 1st/October 9th. Believe 01sarina(Dave) is also coming and put his car on the track.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #977
Last year IFO was in May/September. This year is gonna be May 1st/October 9th. Believe 01sarina(Dave) is also coming and put his car on the track.
Yup, I looked it up last night. I'm gonna try to get some of my friends to make it up there with me on the 9th but we'll have to see how school is going.

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Car looks sweet. The series of photos of your car, WB is way off (too much blue and magenta), a bit dark, and could use some fill light in post. But if you're shooting in RAW, it's a pretty easy fix. If you have the raw files, lemme know if you would like some help with it. :)

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #979
Car looks sweet. The series of photos of your car, WB is way off (too much blue and magenta), a bit dark, and could use some fill light in post. But if you're shooting in RAW, it's a pretty easy fix. If you have the raw files, lemme know if you would like some help with it. :)
Yeah I was trying to snap some quick pics the night I got it back but was running out of light. Was mainly just trying to show the kit off :p Usually when I am shooting quick I leave my camera in AUTO, but I think it got switched to Programmed Auto. I'm pretty sure the WB is on cloudy or sunny or something OTHER than auto so it was all jacked up.

And of course I haven't installed CS4 yet! So no RAW for me... I've had a new computer for a couple months now, I've just been too lazy to move all my stuff over... Once I do that I'll actually be able to use my disc drive so I can install everything. Then I'll start shooting RAW :bigSmile:

Thanks though, I know I can always at least attempt to come to you for help/advice!

961 - 980 of 1931 Posts