Lexus IS Forum banner

901 - 920 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #901
YESSS! getting painted!!!!
I can't wait!

Damn bro. I haven't been on in a while. I see that you have been pretty busy. New grill, wheels, spacers....what else did you do? Wheels look balla. Can't wait to see everything on.
lol thanks man. I was actually thinking about picking up a couple more parts, but I think I've decided to man up and make a REAL purchase :) Hopefully I can back that statement up before the end of the summer, or at the WORST, around winter.

But as of right now I've purchased all the parts I wanted to by the time summer came around:

Vertex front bumper
Vertex side skirts
Vertex rear lip
OEM JDM rear bumper
Z-Edition Grill
Figs adjustable toe links
UGO replica roof spoiler
15mm spacers
Lug nuts
Wheels
Tires

My OTHER set of spacers are gonna be delivered tomorrow :lol: I'll swap them out and sell the V2's next week.

And I got some lug nuts finally. I'll post some pictures this weekend lol.

Wheels will go on as soon as I have time. I actually pretty much have to have them on before Tuesday or they won't be on for our first local meet on Sunday the 15th. Pretty much the only time I can get an alignment is Tuesday...

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Why you didn't PM me back a couple days ago and told me you were selling the 15mm? I was going crazy looking from..calling alot of shops etc because they are on freaking backorder. I finally got a set from a guy on here yesterday. Arghhhhhhh. I can't wait to see your car all put together.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #903
Why you didn't PM me back a couple days ago and told me you were selling the 15mm? I was going crazy looking from..calling alot of shops etc because they are on freaking backorder. I finally got a set from a guy on here yesterday. Arghhhhhhh. I can't wait to see your car all put together.
I was going to PM you today between classes! Last night was the first time I've actually been on my computer other than doing homework...

·
Super Moderator
9,782 Posts
Love it just more parts
Vertex front bumper
Vertex side skirts
Vertex rear lip
OEM JDM rear bumper
Z-Edition Grill
UGO replica roof spoiler
15mm spacers
Lug nuts
Wheels
Tires

Id love to just pick up all those goodies, the wife would be like what the fuck lol :lol:

·
Registered
11,816 Posts
I can't wait!

lol thanks man. I was actually thinking about picking up a couple more parts, but I think I've decided to man up and make a REAL purchase :) Hopefully I can back that statement up before the end of the summer, or at the WORST, around winter.

But as of right now I've purchased all the parts I wanted to by the time summer came around:

Vertex front bumper
Vertex side skirts
Vertex rear lip
OEM JDM rear bumper
Z-Edition Grill
UGO replica roof spoiler
15mm spacers
Lug nuts
Wheels
Tires

My OTHER set of spacers are gonna be delivered tomorrow :lol: I'll swap them out and sell the V2's next week.

And I got some lug nuts finally. I'll post some pictures this weekend lol.

Wheels will go on as soon as I have time. I actually pretty much have to have them on before Tuesday or they won't be on for our first local meet on Sunday the 15th. Pretty much the only time I can get an alignment is Tuesday...
Why did you get rid of the Ichiba V2 Spacers?

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^^read the previous page.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #908
Love it just more parts
Vertex front bumper
Vertex side skirts
Vertex rear lip
OEM JDM rear bumper
Z-Edition Grill
UGO replica roof spoiler
15mm spacers
Lug nuts
Wheels
Tires

Id love to just pick up all those goodies, the wife would be like what the fuck lol :lol:
:lol: My girlfriend definitely isn't thrilled about it. But I did manage to pick up the front bumper, side skirts, rear bumper, lug nuts, and wheels all used. So that helped for sure.

Why did you get rid of the Ichiba V2 Spacers?
aww sucks that they didn't work with his setup.
Yeah, no big deal though. I should have checked before I bought them. V1's are here though, and as long as nothing comes up during the install, they will be on tomorrow morning.

And I haven't sold the V2's yet. I HAVE to have at least a 15mm spacer to clear my LS400 calipers with stock wheels. It just happens that my wheels won't clear without a spacer either so I couldn't put them on yet.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #910 (Edited)
Picked up some used Project Kics R26 in Neo Chrome. And got my Ichiba V1 15mm spacers in.

DSC_6173 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6175 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6176 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6177 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6174 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Just put a DIY for the front wheel stud replacement:

http://my.is/forums/f221/diy-front-wheel-stud-replacement-429776/#post6435785

Still need to install my Figs toe links and get an alignment. I think the plan is to install the toe links Monday after my test, then get an alignment Tuesday after class.

I did put my grill on finally.

DSC_6167 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6166 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And umm... I might have put my wheels on...

DSC_6194 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
woww love those lug nuts. how much were you able to get them for?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Very very NICE!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #914
Sexyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Very very NICE!
Thanks guys :approve:

woww love those lug nuts. how much were you able to get them for?
I picked mine up used for $165 off clubrsx.com. My brother is a member there so I also browse the for sale forums for interesting things (mainly wheels).

In other news, I got an alignment today. It went WAY better than I expected. I love the whole stretch/poke/aggressive wheels thing, but I'm not a fan of massive amounts of camber. It may not be everyone elses style but I think it looks great the way I have things set up.

With that being set, my alignment specs are:

Left Front:
-2.2* camber
0.00* toe

Right Front:
-2.0* camber
0.01* toe

Left Rear:
-0.7* camber
0.09* toe

Right Rear:
-0.9* camber
0.09* toe

And my wheel specs are:

18x9 +20 with a 215/40/18
18x10.5 +41 with a 255/35/18

And that is BEFORE installing Figs toe links. I was going to install them today, but decided to hold off until I have more time. The way my install went on my rear lower control arms still haunts me :lol:

I'm definitely happy with things.

And yes, I'm going to post all this and NOT post any pictures :lol:

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^lol...good stuff

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Hey Corey, did you do anything to protect the grill from flaking? I'm looking into clear bra for my Altezza Sport grill when I get it back. And sell me your emblem holder :lol:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
PICS! lol

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #918 (Edited)
Hey Corey, did you do anything to protect the grill from flaking? I'm looking into clear bra for my Altezza Sport grill when I get it back. And sell me your emblem holder :lol:
I did not. The shop said it would be a pain to clear bra and he was worried about putting a clear coat over it so I'm just gonna live with it.

DSC_6236 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6232 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6231 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6243 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6241 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6239 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Looks damn good!
Goin to look mean with the kit back on!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I like functional herrafrush..lol. I need some new wheels but don't know what to get as yet. When is the kit going on?

901 - 920 of 1941 Posts