Registered
14,829 Posts
Damn. Someone's been busy!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #882 (Edited)
From the sounds of it, you might be a baller :lol:

I think I missed where you posted your wheel specs. If you dont mind, can you post it again :blush:

Thanks.
:lol: I wish. Ballin on a budget for sure.
But it's cool. I sacrifice when I need to and save for the things I want :)

Wheels are:

Fronts are 18x9 +35 with a 215/40/18. Because of my LS400 front calipers, I'm going to have to run a 15mm spacer, making them 18x9 +20.

Rears are 18x10.5 +41 with a 255/35/18.

Damn. Someone's been busy!
Yessir! Mainly just spending money though :( I STILL haven't fully gotten my wheels cleaned up. Or even had a chance to take the parts I do have to get quotes for paint.

I took a step in the right direction today though. Figs toe links were ordered this morning, and I took my wheels in and got my tires mounted and balanced after class today.

215/40/18 Yokohama S.Drives on an 18x9
DSC_6089 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

255/35/18 Yokohama S.Drives on an 18x10.5
DSC_6082 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Picture449 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

They aren't as stretched as I was expecting them to be. That might make things tough up front, but I think I'm still gonna be alright in the back. I did some test fitting today so I'm feeling pretty confident.

I had to fit the fronts with 20mm spacers, I still need to buy 15mm's to replace them. They didn't seem too bad though even with the little amount of negative camber I'm running currently.

Rear fitment was pretty freaking good considering my camber specs too. Of course we'll see how things go once I get them on for good. I still need lug nuts too.

But of course, I'll leave you guys with one good teaser :p
I'll end up with some more negative camber though, so it won't poke AS much. Can't wait to get things finalized though!

Picture458 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
404 Posts
18x11 -11 would be guillermo status:lol: Those are 18x10.5 +41. I can't wait to see everything together either! I was concerned about your fronts too since those s-drives run wider. Maybe more negative camber? Or just let them naturally pull your fenders again haha

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Going to look spectacular dood!!!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
The Yin to your Yang. :p

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #892
Its gonna look sick when done!
those wheels are going to look amazing with the rest of your setup :)
I can't wait!!!

18x11 -9
are those it?
they fit nice in the back
No sir. Jizzy415 is correct :lol:
18x9 +35 (with a 15mm spacer will be +20)
18x10.5 +41

18x11 -11 would be guillermo status:lol: Those are 18x10.5 +41. I can't wait to see everything together either! I was concerned about your fronts too since those s-drives run wider. Maybe more negative camber? Or just let them naturally pull your fenders again haha
Yeah I didn't think the tires were gonna be this wide. Travis was running the same tires on a 9 +25 so I still think it's doable. My fenders are pretty pulled up front, but I'll still probably end up with around -3* of camber up front. We'll see.

Going to look spectacular dood!!!
:approve:

so 10.5 +41? that looks legit
Yessir. I could have gone with a lower offset/more stretched tire, but I like making things difficult :lol: I'm all for stretched tires and aggressive fitment, but I still wanted a kinda "meaty flush" fitment.

I did think these were gonna be a little more stretched though. But I'll make it work. For my car I would rather have a meaty flush setup any way.

Quick, edit your post before Corey decides that he needs another new look.
That actually makes me more confident in the decisions I've made lol. I think that car looks great so I can't wait to see mine.

Nice wheel choice! Man, looking thrue the updates and posts, your ride has come a long way and looks awesome! reps to ya for a great build thus far:approve:
Thanks man :approve: I've got a lot of plans still, it's just a slow process :p

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #893 (Edited)
My new grill showed up today.
Brand new satin silver Altezza Z-Edition :)
It's gonna match my wheels awesome.

DSC_6141 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6142 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6146 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6147 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6148 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6149 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

And I bought a set of Ichiba V2 15mm spacers tonight.
Only thing left is a set of lug nuts and I'm good to go. I'm gonna send out an email tonight to check on a sent, but could be buying some tomorrow depending on when they get back to me.

Hoping to have all my parts by the end of next week :approve:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Get that thing installed!

·
Registered
893 Posts
I'm in for the results. I know this is going to look good when completed. Good luck Corey.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
That satin finish looks real good man. Nice pick up!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #898 (Edited)
Get that thing installed!
Grill is gonna look sick!
I'm in for the results. I know this is going to look good when completed. Good luck Corey.
That satin finish looks real good man. Nice pick up!
Thanks guys!

Took a couple steps forward, and one small step back.

Figs adjustable toe links arrived Thursday :) As always, they look awesome. A+ for Figs yet again. My Ichiba V2 15mm spacers were delivered as well. And I bought a set of lug nuts so they should be here in a couple days.

Only issue is my stock studs hit the back of the face of my SSR's with the 15mm's. Of course I didn't check things out before hand, and I already sold my 20mm's :lol: I'm about to order a set of V1 15mm spacers right now though, so they'll be here by the end of the week.

I already installed the spacers, but I was hoping to install the toe links and my wheels on Monday. Then go get an alignment on Tuesday. Of course that won't happen now. With school and work I won't have another chance to get things together until next Monday/Tuesday now :(

In other good news, I dropped my stuff off at the body shop finally :bigSmile: They are going to work on getting the parts ready for paint, then I'll be taking my car up there for fitting/paint match. They should be painted in about 2-2.5 weeks. I'll be letting them sit for a couple weeks to FULLY cure though. So it's still gonna be about a month before the kit is on.

Sucks, but it'll be worth it in the end :approve:

And yes, my Ichiba V2 15mm spacers will be for sale in about a week. They are 3 days old right now :lol:

DSC_6155 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6150 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_6151 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Damn bro. I haven't been on in a while. I see that you have been pretty busy. New grill, wheels, spacers....what else did you do? Wheels look balla. Can't wait to see everything on.

881 - 900 of 1941 Posts