Lexus IS Forum banner

841 - 860 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #841 (Edited)
I got around to test fitting them the other day. And lowered the rear a little bit. I lowered the front some, realized I couldn't turn at all, so I had to raise it :( my stock tires + very little negative camber don't like tucking under the fenders lol. I should be able to go lower in the front when I get my wheels on though :)

I also realized AFTER I took the pictures of the front fitment, that the suspension wasn't fully compressed. So I won't have near that much gap, and they'll camber in some more. Plus I'm hoping they will clear my calipers with a 15mm spacer instead of a 20mm. It's gonna be close but I have hope!

And excuse the shitty pictures :lol:

DSC_5926 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5920 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5919 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I THINK the fronts will clear my calipers with a 15mm spacer instead of the 20mm. I haven't tried it yet, but I will eventually. That will help the fitment some, along with being lower than those pictures show.

I also started to clean up my wheels today, but I think I'm going to be pulling them apart and refinishing them. I'll be updating when I can, but my time has been limited lately.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice man!
Just go ahead and refinish them, that way they will be 100% and you will feel better about them.

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Yeah, you should re-finished them for sure. Worth it in the end.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Fitment looks good Corey.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #846
Nice man!
Just go ahead and refinish them, that way they will be 100% and you will feel better about them.
Yeah, you should re-finished them for sure. Worth it in the end.
Fitment looks good Corey.
Thanks guys.

I'm not 100% sure yet (I never make my mind up...), but it is looking like I will NOT be refinishing these wheels until winter comes back around.

I got some estimates on everything to get them done how I want and it just doesn't look like it will fit into my budget and time frame.

So I'm just gonna have to do what I can to make them look good and deal with the imperfections later.

thumbs up!!!
I should have some more info on a rear bumper for you next week! I'll text you when I hear something.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #847 (Edited)
And I'll just go ahead and leave these here...

Still trying to decide when to make my next few purchases... Hopefully one will be finished next week. Then a few more soon after... As always, I'll update when I can.

Still need:
Tires
JDM rear bumper
15mm spacers
Lug nuts :lol:
And PAINT
Figs Toe links and possibly front end links

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Candy purple faces?? hmmmmm, just an idea. :p

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #851
Candy purple faces?? hmmmmm, just an idea. :p
Nooooo!!! lol my calipers are purple! I'm going to keep them silver for now...

so youre gonna be lower than that when youre done huh?nice...
Kinda. I don't think I'm actually going to lower the car any more, but the kit is gonna make it lower to the ground. We'll see how it ends up. I might end up having to raise it... Which I don't want to do :lol:

those new rims looks great on your CW.. can't wait when you get your tires mounted on them. should look great.
Fixed :p Thanks though. I can't wait to get things together!

And dear lord I want to do a 1uzfe swap now...

This is my buddy's project right now. v8 swapped 240 with 18x10 and 18x11 Work Meisters. He has pretty much rebuilt the car from the ground up. He's currently working on a getting a hood to fit, then I'm pretty sure he's pulling his fenders more, going lower, and taking it back for paint.

He brought the car out for dinner last night and it was awesome. He's running 265's and 315's and still breaks them loose! I CANNOT wait to have some more power in my car. UGH :pissed:

It was complete chance that I ended up getting that picture too. I had left to go to dinner, but decided to come back and grab my camera and flash. I had no idea he was bringing the car. And I had no idea I'd have the opportunity to attempt to get a good picture. But he wanted to go check out a few spots so we did. Of course I forgot my spare battery and the one I had was about dead! I got 4 attempts, two turned out horrible, one was just ok, and this was the best one. The front and rear needs some more light, but not bad for a single exposure and only having one off camera flash :lol:

I can't wait to get some more attempts at this, and get more pics of his car as it starts coming together! This summer should be awesome.

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Gunmetal with some flake then...lol

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
The wheels look amazing! Can't wait to see finished pics.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Your buddy's car is legit!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #856
Gunmetal with some flake then...lol
Definitely considering that.
Or full polish/chrome.

BUT I'm holding off on that until next winter. I want to get this stuff done for nice weather and then save a bunch of $$$ so I can get to work on making my car legit!

the bumper is waiting for you lol
Thanks Tom. Can't wait to get this kit on!

The wheels look amazing! Can't wait to see finished pics.
Thanks man :approve:

I'm planning on having my kit painted and wheels on before May 15th for a local meet. It is looking like it will come down to when I can get my kit into the shop and painted.

Your buddy's car is legit!
I freaking LOVE his car. He's working on getting a hood to fit right now. Once he gets that figured out he's pulling the motor to have things cleaned up and parts powder coated and polished. Then it's going back to the body shop to get the fenders fixed and repainted.

I really wish my camera took video... It sounds amazing.

I ordered tires yesterday. 215/40/18 and 255/35/18 Yokohama S.Drives. Should be here Tuesday. Not sure when I'll get them mounted though. I need 15mm spacers, lug nuts, and Figs toe links before I put them on. Should put an order in to Figs for toe links next week.

I should be getting my JDM rear bumper soon too :bigSmile:

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
I have a picture for you but don't want to show you until you have the kit on...lol. If that makes any sense.

841 - 860 of 1931 Posts