·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
It looks good Corey.
Nice dood, get it on there.
Thanks guys.

I had to buy a new battery today :(
My car sat for two weeks without being started so I think the original battery (over 6 years old?) decided to call it quits this morning.

Ohhhhh welllllll... It was gonna go at some point lol.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Hey Corey, I know your battery is old, but you might want to test your system for excessive parasitic draw. You wouldn't want to kill another battery the next time you go on vacation. Here's some useful info.

JoeJaeg3r pretty much gave a good start. You really need a digital volt meter to find out what's really going on. 2 batteries in a year is no good. A charged battery should always read 12.6vdc or higher. You need to check that the alternator produces at least 13.2-14.8vdc when the car is running. Check that the battery terminals are clean and tight. Also make sure the ground to your engine block(right behind the passengerside motor mount) is tight and secure.

There's a few things you can do with a meter to verify your car's electrical system. It really sounds like you have an alternator issue or a parasitic draw when the car is off, killing your battery. If you have a DVM, you can take the negative wire off of your battery and set the meter to read DC10AMPS. make sure all doors are closed and all lights are off. Put your meter in series with the battery and negative battery terminal and keep it connected for 5 minutes. The meter should read no higher than 70mA...which is what draws on your battery when the car is off. More than 70mA, then your car is killing your battery.

Your alternator may also be the culprit. Even if the alternator is producing 13.2+ volts, the diodes may be going bad and introducing AC ripple voltage, which the battery does not like. You can test this while the car is running. Set your meter to AC voltage setting and read across the battery. If it reads more than .5vac, or 500mV, then your diodes are bad(bad alternator). As mentioned, I would take it to most local auto stores and have your charging system checked out for free. If they say the battery is good, but needs charged, then I would perform the tests above on the alternator or pull the alternator out to have it bench tested. What ever you do tho, never disconnect the battery while the car is running...it will kill the alt almost instantly.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #824 (Edited)
I'll definitely try to keep an eye on it Rey.

I do know that my battery checked out as being "Low" or something along those lines the last time I got an alignment. So I think not starting the car for literally two weeks with it sitting in the garage just drained it too much. I mean, it was in a garage, but it's not insulated really. And it got down to -10*F a couple nights during that time frame so who knows.

I will keep an eye on it for sure though!

Annnnnndd.... my wheels are in the US now :):)
Really hoping they show up Friday/Saturday, but we'll see how long they take to clear customs and everything. I can't wait :)

EDIT: Err... At least two of my wheels are in the US. I got two different tracking numbers, one says "Location: US". The other still says... Not US :lol: So I'll have to see what's up with that...

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice man.
I think my wheels are still on a container.:(

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
How does that lip adhere to the bumper? Unlike the Carson lip, it doesn't look like it has any area that will be of use with double-sided tape.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #828
Nice man.
I think my wheels are still on a container.:(
:lol:

So I posted that, messed around on the computer for a while, and decided to go grab a snack. I get in my kitchen and guess what's sitting on the counter? A delivery notification! Of course I looked DIRECTLY at the tracking number and knew it was mine. I looked at the clock and it was 5:45... F*** $*#%(&$ the post office closes at 6!

I made it there just in time to pick them up though :bigSmile: So I've got two wheels (one front wheel and one rear wheel lol). Only two showed up on Tuesday, and I didn't get the others today... Hopefully they show up before the end of the week.

No pictures yet. I'm gonna try to clean them up a little tomorrow and possibly see how the fitment is gonna look (without tires of course). I'll probably grab a few pictures while I'm at it.

I'm still trying to decide if I should try to refinish now or next winter... Or maybe just do some kind of partial refinish on them now? Who knows...

pics of the vertex lip installed!
I can't install it! It won't fit my OEM rear bumper right now (USDM). I'll be getting a JDM rear bumper eventually so I'll do a test fit them.

How does that lip adhere to the bumper? Unlike the Carson lip, it doesn't look like it has any area that will be of use with double-sided tape.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z475/white_is/Exterior/DSC_5842.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k91/beanDS/IS300 Pics/TRDCarsonRear_4.jpg
That's a good point. I have no idea honestly. I read a couple threads here that were old and a couple guys said the rear fit like a glove. It did come with a couple screws though :lol: And of course, I can't read the "instructions" it came with so I have no idea if it mentions it in that. I'll just have to see how it fits when I get a JDM rear and go from there.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Let's see those wheels dood!

·
Registered
478 Posts
slap everything together and take a pic!!!!! nah just playing, crazy weather doesnt help!! oh decided to keep the crash bar for the altezza bumper, got the body shop to modifye ( not sure if i spelled that right) it, went to look at it the day before... cant wait. And thats nothing compared to yours, cant imagine how you feel.. PATIENCE!!!!

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #831
Let's see those wheels dood!
Ugh. I seriously haven't had time to clean them up or even snap a picture with my camera. I've got all four here now though!

slap everything together and take a pic!!!!! nah just playing, crazy weather doesnt help!! oh decided to keep the crash bar for the altezza bumper, got the body shop to modifye ( not sure if i spelled that right) it, went to look at it the day before... cant wait. And thats nothing compared to yours, cant imagine how you feel.. PATIENCE!!!!
It's been 60+ all week here! So nice for a change. I'm really hoping it stays this way for a while. I've been working a bunch lately so more $$$ for my car :lol:

When is your car supposed to be out of paint?

looks good, nice and clean
That's not my car!

I did have a few seconds to do a quick test fit of the wheels. Fitment should be where I want in the rear. The front... I'm a little worried about. They barely cleared my calipers with a 20mm spacer... I was hoping to only need a 10mm but I'll be lucky if they fit with a 15mm.

I should have some time this week to clean the wheels up and possibly get some pictures.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
I did have a few seconds to do a quick test fit of the wheels. Fitment should be where I want in the rear. The front... I'm a little worried about. They barely cleared my calipers with a 20mm spacer... I was hoping to only need a 10mm but I'll be lucky if they fit with a 15mm.

I should have some time this week to clean the wheels up and possibly get some pictures.
Cuttin it close!
Can't wait for pics!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Vertex setup will look awesome! Did you buy those figs endlinks cause I cant find them on his website lol, or do you have to just message him?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #835
Cuttin it close!
Can't wait for pics!
Ugh I know. Hopefully I get outta class early tomorrow so I can spend some time cleaning them up. How well they do clean up will be the deciding factor on whether or not I tear them apart to refinish them.

Vertex setup will look awesome! Did you buy those figs endlinks cause I cant find them on his website lol, or do you have to just message him?
I can't wait to get the kit painted and installed!

Yeah I bought my rear endlinks from Figs. I sent him a PM and he hooked me up. He should be able to build you a set. I still need to pick up a set for the front but I want to get other things put together first!

Thanks! Lol
:lol:

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Post up some fitment pics!

821 - 840 of 1931 Posts