Lexus IS Forum banner

781 - 800 of 1927 Posts

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #782
You wouldve told me you were selling your jdmbumper i wouldve bought it, you went vertex why corey why! Lol so your going to install the full vertex kit?
I actually still have it, but have a guy lined up to buy it. Just trying to work out a time to meet up...

But yeah I'm going full Vertex. I've got a set of side skirts that will be here Wednesday so I just need a JDM rear and Vertex lip.

I'm trying to get Eastono's but he needs to find an OEM MSM rear before he'll sell it to me! :lol:

And I know I know, there are a LOT more guys running Vertex now. Especially with the Version Select kit out and now VIS making replica's. I wanted to get a legit kit going and I couldn't pass it up. I think it's going to be perfect for what I want so I'll deal with it. I just have to come up with something else to make my car different.

Tom, if Easton ends up selling his rear bumper and Vertex lip with his car or as a full kit I'll be hitting you up. I'm going to need a JDM rear one way or another.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
My car "should be getting painted at the end of the month" im not taking off the bumper till the car gets painted if you can i got you. Im sure youll pull the kit off nicely. Im trying to get my car done asap im looking to buy an s14 kouki :).

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #784
Sounds good man. I'm not in a rush. I'll just keep in contact with Easton and see how things are going with him. I'm guessing you'll update your thread when your car goes into the shop so I'll keep an eye out for it.

I love S14's. I wanted one before I got my first IS. I posted pictures of one my friend is building though, it's gonna be sick when he actually finishes the thing lol.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Nice dood!
Might be a lot of members that went Vertex, but at least you got the legit kit.
Looks great!

·
Registered
478 Posts
SUP white_is, this is where ive seen your car... dont get on here too much... guess it kinda worked out for me to buy your bumper!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
The new bumper looks great Corey.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #788 (Edited)
Nice dood!
Might be a lot of members that went Vertex, but at least you got the legit kit.
Looks great!
Yeah that's why I'm not too worried. Just gotta figure out something for the rear. I was considering getting a JDM bumper with TRD rear lip but after looking around some more I think I'd rather go with Vertex. It just looks like it flows better.

SUP white_is, this is where ive seen your car... dont get on here too much... guess it kinda worked out for me to buy your bumper!
Haha yessir. Hopefully the snow we got here stays on the ground so we can meet up this weekend!

The new bumper looks great Corey.
Thanks man :approve:

I got my side skirts today. I was gonna throw them on but it's not even 20* out. So test fits are gonna have to wait until it warms up.

DSC_5796 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5797 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

DSC_5801 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

·
Registered
478 Posts
seriously wondering what car to take there, tires are super bad on the front on the is... just checked the weather in dallas, wont be too bad and about 10% to 20% rain.. hopefully everythings good on your side!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Sweet. Glad you picked up those skirts, they were a good ass deal.

4000th post woohoo..lol

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #794
seriously wondering what car to take there, tires are super bad on the front on the is... just checked the weather in dallas, wont be too bad and about 10% to 20% rain.. hopefully everythings good on your side!

love vertex, your car is gonna look sick!
Well if you plan on having someone go with you the IS might be a little tight lol. I had to lay the passenger seat all the way back and angle the bumper across it into the back seat for it to fit. I don't know if there's any other way for it to fit.

I'll probably take my moms Pathfinder though. It'll just make things easier. Plus I might have at least one of my friends (or my girlfriend) with me depending on what day we decide on.

i like that front bumper
It is one of the most popular front bumpers for the IS.

Sweet. Glad you picked up those skirts, they were a good ass deal.

4000th post woohoo..lol
Post whore!

I can't believe no one picked those side skirts up though. I remembered seeing them when he first posted them and was like :jawDrop: I'd buy those in a heart beat if I needed them.

I'm just glad I got ahold of him and he still had them. I think I paid 1/3 what I would have if I bought them new. Possibly closer to 1/4 with shipping lol.

Cool man, now you just need to complete it ;)
I know man! I'm still up in the air on what I want to do with it...

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #796
I like the build. Also nice pick up on the Authentic vertex front. the bow in the middle of the knock off kits is terrible..

I don't like the bow in the middle on the Version Select and I'm assuming the VIS bumper either. It's like the Wald replica's that bend up. It just looks weird and out of place. But Eastono's IS and a couple others still look great with them, I just didn't want that on mine. And I came across a GREAT deal on the front and side skirts :)

Hoping to get the rear lip ordered this weekend or the beginning of next week. I've decided to finish the kit with the Vertex rear lip, so I'll also be getting a JDM rear bumper when I scrounge up some money lol.

Nothing new yet though. I need people to buy my stuff for sale so I can buy more parts!

And... Winter sucks. That is all!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
^^here, here

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #799 (Edited)
So today was a decent day weather wise (hit at least 38*F) and I had very little homework. I decided to grab a picture of the stamp on my Vertex front bumper.

DSC_5825 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I also rotated my tires. And decided to throw one of my side skirts on and the front bumper to see how it looked. I literally just kinda balanced the front on, its not bolted up at all. And my hood isn't shut all the way. So ignore those things and the fact that my car hasn't been washed in about a month.

DSC_5820 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I'm waiting on some money to get transfered in my bank and then I'll be ordering a rear lip finally. And my wheels should be here in another 2 weeks or so.

EDIT: And no :lol: I'm not driving around like this. I pulled the side skirt off and swapped bumpers back to my stock bumper!

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Nice, that's gonna look good.

781 - 800 of 1927 Posts