Lexus IS Forum banner

701 - 720 of 1931 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
i have the same endlinks coming in the mail soon, i cant wait. how do they hold up? do you notice any difference or is it just piece of mind? where did you get them might i ask?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #703
Damn Corey... Your car looks good even without the lip kit. Glad to see you got it up and running again.
Thanks man :approve: I have to give props to Mike for getting me bolts so quick. And of course, for having friends help me get things straightened out. I was a little worried about getting that bolt out of the spindle since it was a grade 12, but my friend knew exactly how to handle it :)

Glad to see you are back on track dood.
Thank you! Hopefully I'll be able to get it finished. I at least want to have these plans wrapped up for July :lol: That gives me a good margin of error :p

I'll be going to Import Alliance again so I'd like to have a new look.

Nice pics Corey! Looking forward to seeing what you got planned for this winter!

Cheers bro
Can't wait! Just hoping everything works out as planned.

Nice pics Corey. I need a full suspension overhaul..lol
lol yeah everything is so rusted under my car that I am replacing as many parts as I can. Once I buy a second car for winter I'll probably buy all new bolts and replace anything that Fig doesn't make a replacement for :lol:

I just need to get caught up with what he has available now!

Those gold ms1s are sick! I like the SBC too!

there's a picture of a red 370z with SBC wheels on it on this page
SSR Wheels - SSR Professor MS1
Thanks? They are for sale if you want them.

i have the same endlinks coming in the mail soon, i cant wait. how do they hold up? do you notice any difference or is it just piece of mind? where did you get them might i ask?
I got mine from Mike (Figs Engineering). I haven't installed them yet, Mike was in a rush with getting me bolts and forgot to put the rubber boots in. Then he only had 3 on hand because Rey needed an extra one :lol:

But I've got a set of hood props coming soon and he's gonna throw the boots in with that. I'll install them as soon as I get a chance after that.

Rvalero said he didn't notice a difference in handle so I'm not sure if I will. Although my sway bar is clearly not in the position it should be. Instead of the mounts being parallel to the ground, they are at about a 45* angle. I've been noticing a popping coming from the rear lately and I think that is the issue.

I would also think there will be a slight difference in handling in my case, but I won't know until I install them.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts

:taunt:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Haha, if it's going to take a little while for Mike to get the boots in stock, I can send you mine, and you can have him send yours to me. I don't plan to replace my boot until the front bushing relocation bracket is released anyway.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #707
Haha, if it's going to take a little while for Mike to get the boots in stock, I can send you mine, and you can have him send yours to me. I don't plan to replace my boot until the front bushing relocation bracket is released anyway.
Thanks! But I'm not too worried. Mike said he might get some more today, and then send all of them with my hood prop kit. I'm not in a huge rush to install them anyway. I've got some other stuff I need to get finished up before I work on my car again too.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Hey Corey, what did the clunking sound like? Like a pop? My passenger side gives off a popping sound when I go over speed bumps turning the wheel or when hitting some bumps and I haven't figured it out. Plus, I'm kinda lazy and don't want to jack up my car yet. :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #710 (Edited)
one of the best taughts yet ^^^

I gots it all coming your way tomorrow Corey
Thanks Mike!

Hey Corey, what did the clunking sound like? Like a pop? My passenger side gives off a popping sound when I go over speed bumps turning the wheel or when hitting some bumps and I haven't figured it out. Plus, I'm kinda lazy and don't want to jack up my car yet. :lol:
Well I think we might have the same popping sound. Mine is only in the rear so we'll find out if it was my end links or not once I get them installed lol.

EDIT:

I went out to try to take some pictures of one of my buddies cars today. I snapped one of mine that was alright.

And my buddies car...

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
The pic of your car is cool.

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #712 (Edited)
Thanks!

Well I didn't have anything going on today so I installed my Figs rear end links.

Mike was right, those boots are a big PITA. I had a lot more trouble with them than I did with the ones on my Mega Arms.

Pulled the sway bar out and end links. Cleaned up the bushings and regreased them. I stripped out one of the allen heads on one end link so I had to cut it off.

DSC_4524 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

Other than that the install went smooth. I have the end links as short as I could get them (I think) and the sway bar is slightly angled up still. I pushed the end of the rubber boot as far up as I could so I think a thinner nut would give me enough room to make it level. But I don't know how much room there is to mess with that so I'm leaving it as is.

The angle of the sway bar is greatly improved though. It might not look like it in the pictures but it was obvious while I was down there. I didn't really get to test things out to see if this affected handling but I'll know tomorrow. I took it for a quick test drive when I finished and there wasn't any creaking :)

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
That's an interesting color scheme you have going on under there :lol:

When I had my car at Lexus for an alignment, the techs were all Ooohhh Ahhhhh daaayyyum when they saw my rear LCA and rear braces. Are you enjoying the extra ground clearance with no lip?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #714
That's an interesting color scheme you have going on under there :lol:

When I had my car at Lexus for an alignment, the techs were all Ooohhh Ahhhhh daaayyyum when they saw my rear LCA and rear braces. Are you enjoying the extra ground clearance with no lip?
:lol: Yeah I had too many different colors already so I'm just gonna keep adding. No point in trying to match when nothing matches to begin with.

I Ooohhhh Ahhhh and daaayummm your rust free under body :pissed: But yeah, underneath your car looks great :approve:

It is nice not worrying about a lip now lol. I'm just ready for my other parts to start showing up so I can sell some of my stuff and buy more stuff HAHA. It never ends...

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #718
Looking good as always Corey! Keep up the good work man. One of my favorite CW's here.
Thanks man! It's hard trying to keep up with some of the guys here though. Hopefully my new setup will come together like I want :erm:

You make me feel like I need to start buying suspension stuff. My toe is so off..
Haha I saw you bought some toe links from Fig. I'm gonna get them eventually... Just gotta get the new look together and some maintainence done.

Corey, you can always go one more mount out on the MEGA arms to get the angle down but it looks perfect to me. Glad you finally got them installed. :)
Well if you say it looks good then I'm leaving it as is. Now I just need to get my hood props installed lol. It's been too cold lately though... Hopefully working on some stuff tomorrow and Monday.

My agenda:

Change oil.
Take SSR's off.
Check rear suspension pieces.
Stock rear wheels back on.
Get stupid broken bolt out of my engine bay.
Install Figs Hood Prop Kit.
Regrease front sway bar.
Check front suspension.
Stock front wheels back on.
Take front bumper off.
Go get alignment!

Exciting huh? :lol:

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #720 (Edited)
^^ Yeah I bought them from a member here and they were painted in that color. They look good though lol. This is how they looked when they were still fresh :lol:

DSC_1497 by Corey Wattelet, on Flickr

I didn't get very far on "My agenda":

Change oil. CHECK.
Install Figs Hood Prop Kit. CHECK.

Take SSR's off.
Check rear suspension pieces.
Stock rear wheels back on.
Get stupid broken bolt out of my engine bay.
Regrease front sway bar.
Check front suspension.
Stock front wheels back on.
Take front bumper off.
Go get alignment!

Should be getting the rest of that stuff done tomorrow after class... Hopefully the weather stays nice.

I did do a little shoot with another of my friends yesterday though. I might post more up later, but I'm at my limit on flickr :pissed: But it's got a Jackson Racing supercharger and Regamasters :approve:

701 - 720 of 1931 Posts