Lexus IS Forum banner

661 - 680 of 1941 Posts

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
Hahaha whatever. You can shoot whatever you like, good or bad. No skin off my back. Everyone's got to start somewhere. I've taken plenty of bad pix when I was learning. Just don't go around saying they are awesome if they suck. :p

·
Registered
14,829 Posts
This one is for you, bud.

Pix was taken by white_is. I just monkey around with it. Good eye picking out this spot, Corey. I like how the high street lamps brought out the lines of the car. I think you may have an eye for lights and lines.

PS. Edited after tweaking pix for more pop and reupload. I love this photo!

·
Registered
5,691 Posts
Calipers look great Corey. Awesome pics also.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #665
Hahaha whatever. You can shoot whatever you like, good or bad. No skin off my back. Everyone's got to start somewhere. I've taken plenty of bad pix when I was learning. Just don't go around saying they are awesome if they suck. :p
Haha. That's why I never say anything about my pictures. I've looked at a lot of others work and I don't think mine even come close!

This one is for you, bud.

http://www.pbase.com/johnnyrakemmy/image/128922836/original.jpg

Pix was taken by white_is. I just monkey around with it. Good eye picking out this spot, Corey. I like how the high street lamps brought out the lines of the car. I think you may have an eye for lights and lines.

PS. Edited after tweaking pix for more pop and reupload. I love this photo!
Thanks man! Once I get my software setup to edit RAW files I'll see what I can do with those. I thought they would have a chance to turn out nice though!

^I like that picture a lot. And the others of course. Looks good!
Calipers look great Corey. Awesome pics also.
Thanks guys :approve:

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I don't remember if this was my idea, or if I read it somewhere, but there's an easy way to make the shifter boot flush with the knob. Take a plastic 2L bottle cap, make a hole in the center, and put it on the shifter just below the boot's upper plastic cone/ring*. Since the shifter shaft is graduated, all you have to do is make the hole in the bottle cap larger, and it will move downward. Keep making the hole bigger until the knob screws down sufficiently and is also flush with the top of the boot.

Alternatively, I've read that people have used vacuum hose ziptied to the shaft to hold the boot up higher. This method would require less trial and error, but it also seems like the boot may start sliding down over time.

I hope that makes sense. If not, I can post a pic my bottle cap mod tomorrow. I'm guessing that a worm gear clamp would also get the job done.

Hey, that was me :)

http://my.is/forums/f90/diy-close-shift-boot-momo-knob-329809/

Love the car. Very clean.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Nice! Mine was probably based on your design and then simplified. The rubber tape is in place to absorb any possible vibration between the cap and the shifter (you can't see the other piece of tape in the pic).

Corey, I added the mosaic to ease the pain lol. I think Mike has gotten started on my shift knob. He's busy and I'm not in a huge hurry, so it works out.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
Nice! Mine was probably based on your design and then simplified. The rubber tape is in place to absorb any possible vibration between the cap and the shifter (you can't see the other piece of tape in the pic).

Corey, I added the mosaic to ease the pain lol. I think Mike has gotten started on my shift knob. He's busy and I'm not in a huge hurry, so it works out.
Yeah. I don't even have that momo knob any longer. Now, I just cut the length of the shift lever down so the flared part keeps the boot flush with the bottom on my sparco knob

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #672
white and gold is always a good combo! props to you good sir!
damn white IS300's are sick ..
Very Nice keep up the good work!
Thanks guys!

Got my Karl-Sport Short Shifter this past week. This thing is beefy! Anyone who doesn't have one should try to get one of the last 3 I think left! Well worth the money.

Mine is super stiff right now, but I'm assume it will be a little smoother once it's broken in. I can already tell a difference after driving for about 3 days.

That's all I've got for now. My interior was diiiiirty.

Got some things going on right meow. Buy my stuff so I can get new stuff!

Buy my lip kit and wheels!!!

YEaaah!!

Lug nuts could be shipping to me this week!
Plus maybe another goody!

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #674
your car looks very good. props to you.

may i ask what color code is this? thanks. you can pm it to me if you dont want anyone to know.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t163/blue_is/New Suspension/DSC_2872.jpg
Honestly, I don't know. It's a two stage powder coat with a silver base lol. I don't remember the name of the purple though. I can find out the name tomorrow if you'd like.

BUT it won't really matter since not all powder coat places are going to use the same powder or base.

My front and rears were done with a different base. Fronts were just a plain silver I think, and the rears were done with a pearl silver so they actually have some sparkle/pearl to them.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Thanks guys!

Got my Karl-Sport Short Shifter this past week. This thing is beefy! Anyone who doesn't have one should try to get one of the last 3 I think left! Well worth the money.

Mine is super stiff right now, but I'm assume it will be a little smoother once it's broken in. I can already tell a difference after driving for about 3 days.

That's all I've got for now. My interior was diiiiirty.

Got some things going on right meow. Buy my stuff so I can get new stuff!

Buy my lip kit and wheels!!!

YEaaah!!

Lug nuts could be shipping to me this week!
Plus maybe another goody!
wow nice pics again bro!! Thanks! you have a better camera than mine for sure LOL
I like your car, white is300 ftw!
and yeah shifter will become a little smoother after a couple of days :) You'll enjoy it even more:cool:

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #677
nice and clean ride...cant wait to start modding my white 01... :)
Thanks! Although I suggest not getting into modding. It's TOO expensive! :lol:

wow nice pics again bro!! Thanks! you have a better camera than mine for sure LOL
I like your car, white is300 ftw!
and yeah shifter will become a little smoother after a couple of days :) You'll enjoy it even more:cool:
Thanks Karl! I'm really happy with it so I'm sure it'll just get better.

661 - 680 of 1941 Posts